Please dont buy a Seasonic

kraemer007

Weaksauce
I don't care how good the reviews are, if customer service is non-existent then it negates any positive aspects of the product in question.

Six months ago I purchased a Seasonic X series 650 from newegg.
S/N: R1005BA15031xxxx. Three weeks ago it died. I have left voicemails and sent several emails to Seasonic to RMA this power supply. They have not returned any calls or voicemails.

I hate to resort to reporting their bad behavior in this forum, but they have left me no choice. Please OCP, stop recommending this manufacturer, especially when real world customer experiences differ from reviewer experiences.

Thanks.

Alternatively, buy a Corsair branded Seasonic and get the best support in the world.

I also had an X650 fail recently, on Christmas Eve of all days. Well Seasonic responded to my emails promptly (on Christmas Day, no less), and advance shipped me a new unit that I had in only about 48 hours. I for one was rather impressed by their warranty service, especially compared to other component companies I've dealt with.

I think you have a very isolated case. I have a Seasonic M12D which blew up on me. The warranty seal was broken, but Seasonic replaced promptly without any questions. It took about a week after I shipped it to get it back, and I was given an RMA number approximately a day or two after I contacted them.

What was the date of your first email? Other subsequent communications? What's the timeframe we're talking here.

I've always gotten very prompt replies from the people at Seasonic's NA RMA department.

OP send me your real information (pauljohnson @ hardocp. com) and I will fill out the RMA form for you. It works for my retail units, so you are not doing something correctly.

With that this thread is closed due to people turning this into a pissing match. If there is something pertinent and necessary I will reopen this thread but until then closed it is.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Seasonic support the 2 times I've dealt with them FWIW.

There used to be a roaming Seasonic rep around, I wonder where he went. For a while he was quite helpful in answering questions and helping out with other stuff. That being said, my Seasonic units haven't required RMA so I haven't dealt with that department.

Something must have changed. An rma in 2005 that I did resulted in them sending my unit back still broken after taking out the rma form. I sent it back with a note explaining the situation and never saw the unit again. Nor was there a response of any sort via email or over the phone.

Water under the bridge but I will avoid seasonic due to that experience.

Last edited:
It couldn't be worse than ASUS support, but the thing is, I've never used ASUS support on the 5 motherboards I have bought from them. I've just heard it's bad.

Back