Please help me overclock my Go6800

tillyoubreakit

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, so i bought my new laptop and the thing runs like hell.

Siemens Amilo 3484G.

2Ghz Intel Centrino
2x512MB DDR400
2x80GIG Drives in Raid0
256MB GeforceGo6800
17" WXGA Display
etc....

I did download and enable the coolbits and see a nice cool overclocking option. When i selcet "find max overclock" it tests and gives me a fat increase. Then i hit the apply and close the window. But as soon as i reopen the nvidia options its back to normal. It doesnt keep the new clock. How can i fix this? Also, how can i overclock this Centrino, what PLL does this use in clockgen?

Thanks

Flo

PS: I get 8900 3D Marks in stock. Is that good?

Set the powermizer settings to max performance if you havent already.

AFAIK, you cant OC notebook Dothans yet.

Also try getting XtremeG modded drivers from Guru3d.com. Those are designed to be compatible with mobile gpu's and should help your performance.

i have a 9300 with an overclocked 6800. I had the same problem as you did, make sure the "keep settings on startup" is checked, thats what fixed the problem for me

it may be set to only overclock during a 3d application. I use rivatuner, so I don't know if coolbits is the same way. It detects a 3d app and kicks my clocks up automatically.

Terr0r said:
i have a 9300 with an overclocked 6800. I had the same problem as you did, make sure the "keep settings on startup" is checked, thats what fixed the problem for me

QFT

it may be set to only overclock during a 3d application. I use rivatuner, so I don't know if coolbits is the same way. It detects a 3d app and kicks my clocks up automatically.

It is the same way. When in the overclocking section of coolbits, there should be a box that let's you choose between "standard (2D)" mode and "performance (3D)" mode. You want to overclock the 3D mode, no reason to overclock 2D mode.

Thanks for the help guys. I installed new drivers. 80.40 and the overclocking function works. So far i am at 359 and 665.

-Thanks

Florian

Back