PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra for $350 at CompUSA!!!

Been following this thread for a while and I think I'm going to go to Compusa now and ask about this TAP and see if they have a GT in stock! :D

We are all waiting patiently for PNY to ship some cards to CompUSA so that orders can be filled. Did I say patiently? Did not really mean that.

So can someone answer my question about the TAP program? I'd like to cancel my evga.com order if going the compusa route is better.

We still have a little bit to go, on PNYs site it says 6800 Ultras are "Shipping Early August". Link here.

Does anyone know whether CompUSA is going to carry other brand of 6800GT? I know most of them are all reference design but I'd like to see more choices.

ps. it seems that here in ny state every brick-n-mortar CompUSA is out of GT's. Grrr......

I just talked to a rep in Mesquite about the availability of the Ultra. I was given the following information:

1. They received 24 units last week
2. They received 24 units 2 weeks ago
3. They did not receive any units this week.
4. They have none on order
5. They have 12 back-orders from Internet orders that are waiting to be filled first
6. They do expect to get more in they are just not sure when

For what it is worth......

obyj34 said:
We still have a little bit to go, on PNYs site it says 6800 Ultras are "Shipping Early August". Link here.
Link is dead for me. Asks me to login or enter a promotional code.

ChiMan said:
Does anyone know whether CompUSA is going to carry other brand of 6800GT? I know most of them are all reference design but I'd like to see more choices.

ps. it seems that here in ny state every brick-n-mortar CompUSA is out of GT's. Grrr......
It would make sense for the to eventually get some more GT models in. They carry XFX and BFG products too - but since supply is so difficult to come by I guess everyone is filling their primary partners first.

The CompUSA over here in PR has such a horrible stock mess that by the time the card comes in I doubt there'll be any available offer on it unless they mess up... They hardly ever seem to adjust price downs on old stock for instance (as a result they've got same model/chip-cards with more RAM for less $ than the equivalent with less RAM, etc, even when you ask them to check their inventory lists). Is that a typical practice on the US stores btw? They do the same thing here with anything from cameras to games, I can't say I've noticed it when I've been in the US but the prices there are generally lower so it's hard to compare.

Nomad said:
I just talked to a rep in Mesquite about the availability of the Ultra. I was given the following information:

1. They received 24 units last week
2. They received 24 units 2 weeks ago
3. They did not receive any units this week.
4. They have none on order
5. They have 12 back-orders from Internet orders that are waiting to be filled first
6. They do expect to get more in they are just not sure when

For what it is worth......

Thanks for the information. August is here, with hope anew.

GTs readily available in stores - maybe another month until the Ultras are available in all stores.....

dawtips said:
So let me get this straight...

if you get the TAP on a 6800GT, can you later upgrade to the Ultra for the difference (plus having to buy another TAP)?
Yes you can.

I regret not being greedy... could have ordered 2 or 3 GTs and a few 6800's for 30% off.. hurry up 6800U

CSx-2011 said:
I regret not being greedy... could have ordered 2 or 3 GTs and a few 6800's for 30% off.. hurry up 6800U
I feel like I was greedy in ordering the Ultra..... I wish I had ordered the GT now - knowing that the GT could be Overclocked to Ultra speeds. - And knowing that I would have my card right now...

I'll second that. I'm still thinking about calling in to swap my Ultra order for a GT, but dammit I've waited this long . . . I still may give in, I just don't know anymore.

ysaric said:
I'll second that. I'm still thinking about calling in to swap my Ultra order for a GT, but dammit I've waited this long . . . I still may give in, I just don't know anymore.
Any idea if they will let you? Like I said I would trade the Ultra back for a GT now.

Nomad said:
GTs readily available in stores - maybe another month until the Ultras are available in all stores.....

Frankly I don't mind waiting another month..

What's killing me is that we still do not have any assurance whether it will ever be in stock or not..

Anyone got some insight on this?

as long as my 6800nu shows up in the next two days I will be allright... I don't know how long I can handle this 4mb Diamond S3 Virge.. the 9800xt got shipped out...

Hold out for the ultra.... you waited this long!

CSx-2011 said:
as long as my 6800nu shows up in the next two days I will be allright... I don't know how long I can handle this 4mb Diamond S3 Virge.. the 9800xt got shipped out...

Hold out for the ultra.... you waited this long!
The one thing that I am still curious about today is how many of us are actually waiting for the Ultras to come in? I mean - how many of us got the Ultra from CompUSA for 350?

I was wondering the same thing... I tried to make a new thread to consolidate who got what and when... but I got yelled at and it faded away...

No worries.. the 6800nu comes tomorrow... damn thing has been sitting about 20 miles away since 6:42AM on Friday... way to go DHL... sits all weekend, plus it sits 'til wednesday...

That's it...

I'm refunding $350 and going to buy GT...@ Fry's because I saw them in stock for $399.

I had enough..

Doom 3...here I come

I still cant believe that you people are waiting on Comp USA to deliver your cards....

heck, at this rate, Doom 4 will be out by the time you guys get your cards from these people. :D

ozziegn said:
I still cant believe that you people are waiting on Comp USA to deliver your cards....

heck, at this rate, Doom 4 will be out by the time you guys get your cards from these people. :D
Damn I am glad I went with the GT instead of the ultra.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32547&page=11&pp=15

Interesting thread, the last few pages of which is dedicated to PNY's problems fulfilling Ultra orders. Most of it has to do with people who ordered directly through PNY, and PNY's sale staff apparently has no more information than CompUSA's folk. None available, no idea when more will be available, even to PNY's direct customers, much less CompUSA.

Still considering pulling the trigger and trying to downgrade to a GT. The drought continues.

Justinkoko said:
That's it...

I'm refunding $350 and going to buy GT...@ Fry's because I saw them in stock for $399.

I had enough..

Doom 3...here I come

go talk to the manager at compusa... im sure they would be happy to "downgrade" you to a 6800GT with the 30% off.... Less margin loss for them.

I think the 6800GT after tax + 2 year tap would be about the same cost as the ultra after tax...

Get tap again after two more years and get a new card.

GT: 280+tax ~300 + 75 tap :)

I just heard angels singing!!!!!!!!!

My daily ritual when I get to work now includes calling Mesquite TX to find out about order status. They now have 75 on order!!!

Of course no estimated arrival date - but in weeks past these have been filled pretty quickly from order time to fulfillment.

Testing . . . testing . . . is this mike on?

Nope, I've got nothing . . .

whos mike? does he rock the mic?

nothing here either... compusa needs to tell us something.

Well if its the same card just with a better cooling solution, maybe we can reach those speeds with some mods :)

Well, I got a confirmation e-mail today that they received my rebate form and my check for $100 is on the way. . .

Colt___45 said:
Well, I got a confirmation e-mail today that they received my rebate form and my check for $100 is on the way. . .
ha!
Almost forgot about that. great news!

Nomad said:
ha!
Almost forgot about that. great news!

Yeah. . .I'm still a little irked that I got my GT for $299.99 after rebate as opposed to $279.99 without a rebate, but all is well now. And $20 extra isn't that much to be able to play Doom 3 at 1280 x 960 with 2x AA and 8x AF at 60 frames per second :)

Back