PNY Geforce GTX 260 $224 -$10.00 instant $20.00 mail in

nice price for a GTX260 but it would be well worth the 20 dollars more to buy from the EVGA, BFG, XFX

customer service is another, I have heard good things about EVGA and XFX but have personal experience with BFG. The warranty and trade up are good items but the deal maker for me was the company representatives, that is why I have GTX280 from BFG.

It's funny how people use warranties as a deciding factor on whether something is a hot deal or not, that's complete crap.

In 9 years of building computers, I've installed or used over 80 video cards and only two have died at a later date(evga 7900gs ko and an asus 6600gt), 5 were DOA. Three evga, two sapphire.

Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is if a card is DOA. Step-up is great, but it's MSRP and sometimes the discount is minuscule. Step-up is meant to lock consumers in to a certain company, nothing more nothing less. (I'm not denying it's benefit).

For most average users or bargain hunters, three years is more than enough to suffice on a video card warranty. Hell, most will be obsolete in 2.

lifetime = 3-5 year warranty, FYI. PNY has an expressed 3 year, it's essentially the same as other so called "lifetime" warranties. PNY is a good company, I dunno why you guys are worried about the brand here. IMO, those step up policies never give you a good deal anyway.

Try sending an rma to Sapphire in China. Then try getting an advanced rma from EVGA and tell me which one is worth 20 bucks. Unless you live in China of course. :p

For most average users or bargain hunters, three years is more than enough to suffice on a video card warranty. Hell, most will be obsolete in 2.

The [H] isn't really full of 'most average users and bargain hunters.' ;)

I think the EVGA warranty also covers overclocked cards and cards with aftermarket coolers, which most others don't.

I liked the eVGA gtx 260 deal better as that does come with a game, lifetime warranty, step up, better CS and is $5 cheaper AR.

I tried the coupon and it already told me i redeemed it (since i bought it yesterday ;) ) its worth a shot though.

The [H] isn't really full of 'most average users and bargain hunters.' ;)

Speak for yourself. This site was all about overclocking when it first came around. Which was usually done at the time by people trying to get the most out of their cheaper cpu's.

Speak for yourself. This site was all about overclocking when it first came around. Which was usually done at the time by people trying to get the most out of their cheaper cpu's.

The 'average user' is going to be buying prebuilts from Bestbuy and OCing is going to be last thing on their mind. People here are at the very least average enthusiasts.

The 'average user' is going to be buying prebuilts from Bestbuy and OCing is going to be last thing on their mind. People here are at the very least average enthusiasts.

The average [H] user?:rolleyes::D:D:D:confused:

It's funny how people use warranties as a deciding factor on whether something is a hot deal or not, that's complete crap.

In 9 years of building computers, I've installed or used over 80 video cards and only two have died at a later date(evga 7900gs ko and an asus 6600gt), 5 were DOA. Three evga, two sapphire.

Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is if a card is DOA. Step-up is great, but it's MSRP and sometimes the discount is minuscule. Step-up is meant to lock consumers in to a certain company, nothing more nothing less. (I'm not denying it's benefit).

your forgetting the superior customer service. Most of us will gladly pay the 20, hell 40 extra dollars for it. If I had a choice between two GTX280 and a 50 dollar difference between BFG and PNY, it would be an easy decision. Maybe I place more value on this then most but every time I have relayed a bad experience with BFG (my only one) I have been contacted and asked how they could make it right. It ended them a video card sale when I would have rather gone with ATI.

no, it would not. all same. different sticker.

Yes, it would. Maybe same physically. Different customer service. Not all companies same.

Bah, I just can't type like that. It hurts my head. :(

Seriously though, as point out in the post you quoted, but obviously didn't read, some companies have better customer service than others. I also would much rather deal with EVGA, BFG or XFX any day when compared to PNY.

Pny's Customer service is actually very fast..... they just get knocked on in the 6800 series where they offered a fake lifetime warranty. Now it's just a standard 3 year I think, which is fine for people who don't care about lifetime warranty or step-up etc etc.

Asus warranty on the other hand sucks total balls.

Took over a month of sending back and forth 2 times to get me a working card... wait, let me restate that, to get me a card that is not the original one I sent in....

no, it would not. all same. different sticker.

same board yes, same experience no.

If its not worth it to you then by no means should you buy it. It is worth it to a lot of people and we will gladly pay the difference

Back