Poll:Do you have a lighted case?

Do you like or hate to have a lighted case?

• Lite it up! (The power company loves me).

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Medium lites (one or two interior lamps,led fan).

Votes: 39 21.7%
  • Low lites (Some led fans).

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • I avoid lites.My computer lives in the Dark...

Votes: 70 38.9%

• Total voters

anime4u

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering what percentage of computer users love or hate lighted cases.

I removed the 120mm from the front of my CM690, but ended up using it in the rear of my SonotaIII. I also ended up with an 80x15mm for the mobo backside which hasa blue LEDs, b/c it was the cheapest x15m I could find.

My 2xCoolDrive6s keep everything lit up anyways, though

The only light in my case is from my OCZ gameXstream powersupply. If I had the choice, I would like a dark, lightless case.:cool:

2 4" cathodes are on at any time... I can choose from Red and white, Blue and white, Green and white, or UV and UV.

But no more than 2 tubes at one time.

I've got three UV LED fans, one uv lazer led light and there's lights on my ballistix tracer ram. But I dont think it looks over the top because its mainly all uv lighting so its not that shiney.

There are some LEDs on my motherboard. Next rebuild I'm taking my soldering iron to them.

I'd love to see a scatter plot of the responses here vs. the natural log of the number of years spent typing into a computer.

I drilled a hole in the side of my TJ07 for a window so I figured I might as well add a couple of cold cathode lights while I was at it. I don't really use them much since they kind of bug my eyes while I'm sitting at my desk. I have them set to respond to loud noises now, just for the heck of it, after having them off pretty much the entire time I've owned them.

I have a lighted heatsink fan because it gives of a light glow inside my case. Being that I have a mesh front on my case it lets me see inside but I would never add anymore to where the light is shining out from my case.

I use 2 12" green cathodes in my Lanbox. Mainly because green is awesome, but also because the Lanbox is simply very uncool (like way way way uncool, past that stupid pink car Hammond was driving in...) without some sort of lighting.

Mind you, my computer's under the desk.

I've got some LED fans, but I just got them because of the specs. I don't really care about the lighting factor, since my case doesn't have a window and it lives in an enclosed space in my desk so it's not too visible (although I did remove the door so air can get through and to give me easier access to the PC).

I used to have a fully lighted case with CFLs and LED Fans.

But on my current build I did not do anything special, just have some LED fans because they were reused from my last lighted build :cool:

I've got some deep blue LED fans in my case. The Aerocool 90CFM fans to be exact (with a fan controller of course), so the the entire fan doesn't light up, only the four corners. I remember buying some cathodes. I put them in, turned them on, and 10 minutes later they came out never to go back into my case again. I couldn't stand how bright they were.

i used to have lights back in the days of athlon xp's and watercooling.

I have two cathode tubes and a couple led fans. I like just enough light for me to see that the components haven't run away.

I have an Alienware P2 Case with LEDS emitting from the eyes (air intakes), power button, side emblems, and usb/firewire ports. Love it.

Zero lights/LEDs. I went to the extreme of removing the power/HDD activity LEDs from the front of the case :p. The thing is completely blacked-out.

The one downside is that it can be hard to tell sometimes if the system is starting up correctly without any visual cues.

QFT. My case has no window, and no lighting. I also leave the power & HDD LEDs unplugged. Just a quiet, unassuming black box.

I make sure all my standard LEDs are plugged in, but mainly for diagnostic purposes. I also feel that connecting those is simply part of building the machine correctly. Some of my friends build machines with those types of shortcuts taken and that just bothers me.

I make sure all my standard LEDs are plugged in, but mainly for diagnostic purposes. I also feel that connecting those is simply part of building the machine correctly. Some of my friends build machines with those types of shortcuts taken and that just bothers me.

I plug them in until the machine is up and running 100% stable, or when I do a OS reinstall. After that I unplug them again. I really hate the flashing of the hard drive light. It drives me nuts. I could keep the power one plugged in, but it does make just enough noise that I can tell when its running.

The hard drive light bugs me so much, that all of my laptops have a piece of electrical tape over the LEDs. I miss the "black out" key on my old Gateway. When you pressed it it turned off all of the lights.

I have cold cathodes in my case for 2 reasons. 1, I can easily tell if the computer is on and 2, I can see how the inside of my case looks. Dust buildup, spider webs, sagging cards, etc. And heck, I like the way it looks.

However, my server runs completely lightless except for the ethernet port in the back :p

Have a couple of white 12" CCFLs, one at the top and one at the bottom of the window. The white looks pretty classy IMO. Used to have UV but eventually decided that hidden cables look better than glowing cables. :cool:

One blue LED fan for the hard-drive bay, the Tracer RAM, and the motherboard LEDs.

Steve

thebox002.jpg

LED 120mm case fan, one LED light cluster aimed at the transparent fan on the video card closest to the case window, a Zalman 7000-b heat sink fan with LEDs, Razer Copperhead mouse, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, blue LED back lit display for thermal probes built into the case and another blue LED back lit display showing PSU temp w/ rheostat. (bad camera phone pic)

I plug them in until the machine is up and running 100% stable, or when I do a OS reinstall. After that I unplug them again. I really hate the flashing of the hard drive light. It drives me nuts. I could keep the power one plugged in, but it does make just enough noise that I can tell when its running.

The hard drive light bugs me so much, that all of my laptops have a piece of electrical tape over the LEDs. I miss the "black out" key on my old Gateway. When you pressed it it turned off all of the lights.

Wow, that's odd.

thebox002.jpg

LED 120mm case fan, one LED light cluster aimed at the transparent fan on the video card closest to the case window, a Zalman 7000-b heat sink fan with LEDs, Razer Copperhead mouse, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, blue LED back lit display for thermal probes built into the case and another blue LED back lit display showing PSU temp w/ rheostat. (bad camera phone pic)

That doesn't look like the Eclipse at all, first- or second-gen. I'm not calling you out, just curious. Am I crazy?

good catch, thats an old pic with the sunbeam solar.

I could take pics of the new monitor / keyboard if it makes you happy =P

Back