Poll: How do you travel with your watercooled rig?

How do you travel with your watercooled rig?

• Leave it be, just pack it up and roll.

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Drain the loop, but leave everything where it belongs.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Drain the loop, remove the blocks, but leave components

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put everything back in its origional box.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm gonna be driving 22 hrs to college, starting on thursday, and have decided to just drain my loop but leave everything attached (VGA cooler, CPU cooler, rad, pump, etc). This is because i'm not going to be shipping the computer, but instead packing it carefully in the trucnk of my car.

But, I was mostly wondering how you guys liked to travel long distances with your WC rigs.

When normal transport by car or the like, I just leave everything the way it is and go. If I were to go by plain or such, I'd (have to by regs anyway I think) drain it and that's it.

If it's going by car just secure it in place and roll. No real reason to drain for a drive unless it's not put together very securely.

I've only gone to one lan with my loop, but it worked out and not too much distilled h2o spilled out of my 5 gallon bucket reservoir :D
For those transporting their loops, just double check each connection and don't drive like a maniac and you should be ok.

Meh, no option needed for that... this is in referance to a semi-permanent change in residence (IE: going to college, as was somewhat stated in the origional post).

One can go to college and not have/get friends... allthough I'm not sure how that would happen.

i went to many lans with my first loop allthough it was thermaltakes first internal kit. All I did was pack and roll just set it up behinde the passenger seat and pushed the seat snug agaist the case with a blanket to protect the case from scratching, :)

Back