Poll: Sony

Whaddya think of Sony's products and platforms?

• They're Visionaries

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Their Vision is Scary

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
It's unfortunate that all of their bad press is just a result of them trying to stop people from stealing their shit.

Sony Car Audio rocks. Millions of people have lived and breathed PS2. If we never had the Sony Walkman, the face of portable audio would be totally different today.

[H] common sense suggests that the PS3 is overpriced. But don't be suprised if it becomes the leading PC device in a large percentage of homes. Parents who aren't tech savvy finding out that little Johnnys videogame can be used to check email and webpages? Could truly be a revolution.

P.S. Stop trying to steal other people stuff.

IMO: Sony car audio is a joke. I've had a Sony 'Xplod' the sub doesn't sound as nice as my Infinity and it was more expensive. Sony is the only car audio manufacturer that I know of that overrates they're components rather than underrating them. If you want examples, Sony decks 23x4 in actuallity they put out 20-23 avg, most companies say 20x4 sony does not. All of they're amps and speakers are the same. All in all you are not getting what you paid for. Any car audio Guru will tell you the same.

Other than that, I agree that the face of electronics in general would be different without they're innovations including the "walkman" and all those things. My only beef is with they're car audio.

about 2 1/2 yrs ago i got a sony laptop and its the biggest over priced piece of shit in the world, within the first yr i killed 2 hard drives and at the end of the 2nd yr i killed the backlight and for the past 3 weeks my tv tuner in it had no sound but last night i fixed it, apparently theres some control in the volume panel for video but it only affects the tuner program, i was still able to listen to music or watch a movie. and my battery has not been recalled yet. i will say that their customer service is gettin better

I have a very love-hate relationship with sony.

Their old TVs and Audio equipment was very nice and full featured.

The problems came with the first PC i got from them, the PCV-150 touted as a media monster. It had nothing but problems and the proprietary drivers drove me nutz until I relized I could use stadard ATi drivers as well as sound card and media apps.

Then I had a PSX....FANTASTIC!

then I had a sony MD play....HORRIBLE.

Then I had a PS2, Great!

Then I had my parents bought the sony'd imac, all in one built on a laptop platform...HORRIBLE.

Then I got a PSP...meh.

My only gripe with them is that they are so into media markets as well that they actually have a vested interest in controlling the format the media comes on.

BetaMAX
Memory Stick
iLink (not just firewire)
MiniDisc
Atrac
UMD
BluRay

At the end of the day, their most successful products are the ones that supported standard media. PSX, PS2, Walkmans, etc.

Sony needs to embrace open standards and focus on integration as opposed to isolating their products and media. I honestly hope their bluray sales bomb as a result of weak bluray players.

What a concept, let's all force everyone to go bluray, and then fall way behind on production of the primary means to play bluray media.

I guess they can always rely on UMD sales....hehehe

G....lets see....they've been around since their inception and still kicking ass/pioneering .....devise your own conclusion

Back