Poor XP-90 results...(and other stuff)

ozziegn said:
okay, so whats the lesson learned here?

do NOT start a thread with the words "RMA" and "overclocked" in the same subject. :p
cuz pieces of shit (people who RMA overclocked hardware) may get offended and people like I (anti rma of overclocked hardware) get angrier.

Yep, I agree, since he has overclocked it RMA would be wrong.

Back to the temp problem. It is strange that he saw no temp difference when he installed the xp-90. He has the latest bios, so that probably isn't the problem. Maybe his sensor is buggered? Like you said it could be the CBBID stepping as they run a little hotter.
If he is going to sand it he needs to make sure that it gets sanded perfectly evenly and since he shouldn't RMA it I wouldn't worry about the numbers on the CPU anymore.

Shadow27

Shadow27 said:
Yep, I agree, since he has overclocked it RMA would be wrong.

Back to the temp problem. It is strange that he saw no temp difference when he installed the xp-90. He has the latest bios, so that probably isn't the problem. Maybe his sensor is buggered? Like you said it could be the CBBID stepping as they run a little hotter.
If he is going to sand it he needs to make sure that it gets sanded perfectly evenly and since he shouldn't RMA it I wouldn't worry about the numbers on the CPU anymore.

Shadow27
his room temp is low enough to the point where with stock cooling he reached his peak cooling ability and will not be able to get it any lower without water.

I'm going through the same thing with my XP-120 right now. With stock AMD cooler I get 38C idle and 50C load temps. With the XP-120 I just installed I'm seeing 39C idle and 45C load, so it helped slightly under load. I'm thinking it may be the 42cfm Coolermaster fan I have on it, maybe I should get the 86cfm Panaflo M1 120mm. Or maybe I'll wait and let the AS5 do it's burn in thing and see where I am then.

Aardvarck said:
okay, here are some pics of my cpu. notice that line thing? it doesn't come off. should i be concerned about that? that's how i got the cpu which came preassembled by monarch. could that be the cause of my shitty temps?

CPU211.jpg

it dosnt look like a crack form the pic looks liek faded permanent marker...Try a big of Gasoline on a rag and rub it lightly., if it is a marking Gas will pull it right off...

I keep a bottle in the garage, it cleans anything!

definately to high(i think thats unanimous)

my 3000 winnie runs 2.34ghz on a thermaltake venus 12 right now its at 31C

I suggest RMA since it came with that mark.

If the mark comes off then fine. I also would check for a new bios for the mobo.
These people bitching about RMA stuff need to get off.

PS: being chaotic good I will o/c and rma and dont care :p

Back