"Portable/LAN" Watercooling Setup?

Hey guys,

I'm parting together a new build for the winter. My current rig sounds like a freakin Vacuum its so loud - my friends & wife make fun of me for it. But I've got a Q6600 at 3.6GHz w/ TRUE, 2x Raptor RAID 0, 4xWD RAID 0+1, and 8800 gtx w/ TR hr-03 OC'd by 10%. I've got headphones on most of the time, but I'd still like to have a quieter, yet cool OC'd PC.

My current rig also weighs like 100lb (exaggerating, but its friggin heavy).

I would like to be able to actively LAN my comp a little more often than currently, and am looking a little bit more into LAN friendly cases. However, I'm also a performance junky, and have really wanted to do a water cooled setup for a long time, for the performance and volume.

Is there any way to make these two ideas compatible? I'm researching full setups for build so anything is game (reasonable prices tho).

P.S. - I've never built a watercooled setup before, but have significant computer building/tweaking/troubleshooting experience. Should I just pay someone who's done it before to install all the WC array? Or should I take the risk, invest many hours of research and installation, and go for it?

P.S.S - Approximate costs for full WC setup?

I think just swapping from raptors to SSD's and the 8800GTX to a new better cooled card would drop your sound to less then F-18 fighter jet levels. You could also swap that TRUE for a Corsair H60 and be quiter and cooler. LAN box and Water just don't mix on the newbie level IMO.

I agree with previous commenter. Stick to air cooling. The last thing you want is a water connection leaking or coming loose while moving the box from house to house.

In addition,

1. Start looking for a case with a few large fans in/out; nothing smaller than 120mm. For example, Lian Li 9F. They also make mATX cases if you want to go smaller (and your motherboard is mATX).

2. Replace the video card for a 450/460 card or better. Healthy performance increase and quieter for only ~$100.

Been contemplating the true practicality of a Liquid LAN setup, and while it seems a few have done it, I just don't feel comfortable enough with myself and my competence with Liquid to handle it correctly.

Thus, I've been looking into a couple good LAN cases.
- Antec Lanboy - looks cool, but its completely plastic, which is very 'meh' to me.
- Storm Scout - this thing looks bad-a, and it decently priced, and has an amazing quantity of fantastic reviews on newegg.
Dunno, I'll research this a bit more before my final decision, but this info helps.

Back