Portal stories: Mel (Free mod for Portal 2)

jh24

Limp Gawd
http://store.steampowered.com/app/317400

Portal Stories: Mel is a community made, free modification for Portal 2 based in the Portal universe. It tells the story of Mel, who meets a new personality core and faces an undiscovered threat to the Aperture facility.

A fan-made mod/expansion for Portal 2 was just released today on Steam.

The mod is free and only needs the original Portal 2.

Last edited:
Finished this game last night. Took me around 15 hours total.

This game is difficult, you really need to have experience with the mechanics of Portal 2 and even then it's a step up from the puzzles in the original game.

But the puzzles are very well made, and none feel impossible, but some can keep you locked in for quite some time though. I had to take a break several times just to get a fresh perspective again.

This is an amazing game. The creators really put so much effort, time and energy into it. Incredibly polished, it feels like an expansion instead of a mod.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up, I haven't heard of this until now.

Have you tried The Talos Project? It's a lot like Portal, with some really tough puzzles.

Have you tried The Talos Project? It's a lot like Portal, with some really tough puzzles.

I started playing over the weekend - its difficulty level picks up right at about the 2/3's mark of Portal 2, and familiarity with the gels is essential. The game introduces switches to turn the reclamation fields on/off and that creates some interesting problems.

The Talos Project is a great game, but I wouldn't automatically assume that someone who enjoyed Portal would enjoy that one. It's much longer, with a lot of backstory, and puzzles are "at a different speed." That's the best way I can describe it.

Search for it on Steam and I suggest the demo before jumping right in.

I've been waiting for this one to come out. It looks great. My problem is I still haven't played Portal 2 yet (backlog). Is there any way to add this to my Steam wishlist? The best I could do is set it to follow.

The Talos Principle breaks my brain at times. Love it.

Just started PORTAL Stories yesterday. Enjoying it so far.

I started playing over the weekend - its difficulty level picks up right at about the 2/3's mark of Portal 2, and familiarity with the gels is essential. The game introduces switches to turn the reclamation fields on/off and that creates some interesting problems.

The Talos Project is a great game, but I wouldn't automatically assume that someone who enjoyed Portal would enjoy that one. It's much longer, with a lot of backstory, and puzzles are "at a different speed." That's the best way I can describe it.

Search for it on Steam and I suggest the demo before jumping right in.

Good point and I should have worded it different....TTP has much in common with Portal in that they are both great first person puzzle games. The actual gameplay and puzzles themselves are different.

This game is difficult, you really need to have experience with the mechanics of Portal 2 and even then it's a step up from the puzzles in the original game.

You aren't kidding. The SECOND puzzle stumped me for a while. Guess my Portal skills have become rusty.

Back