Possible 6th Gen iPod interface

Damn I was interest to see it too. Smart of Apple but I guess I'll just wait as I normally do. I suppose that the next iPod will take on many features that the iPhone has.

Its a mock up, which is obvious. Some are pointing out the little flaws to call it a fake, however, a more likely explanation is its rapid prototyping. Its not crazy to think Apple would make a cheap facsimile to be tested/vetted to get the right look and feel, before doing the expensive programming.

The real news here is that the 6th gen iPod might not be full screen after all. It also might be a Nano GUI, but apparently, the one who submitted the video claims its from the 6th generation iPod and it is keeping the click wheel.

The real news here is that the 6th gen iPod might not be full screen after all. It also might be a Nano GUI, but apparently, the one who submitted the video claims its from the 6th generation iPod and it is keeping the click wheel.

I'll buy a zune.

Does anyone else think that Apple may have tried to take it down to make it seem more legitimate? I don't think it would be the first time they have tried to lure employees into leaking info to find leaks.

Its not crazy to think Apple would make a cheap facsimile to be tested/vetted to get the right look and feel, before doing the expensive programming.
Nope - it sure isn't. The original iPod started out as a fairly crude cardboard box with a weight in it, if I recall.

My money's on the theory that this is an outdated prototype interface. It certainly has the feel and shine of an Apple UI, but it's very un-iPhone like, and I think that even if the 6gen iPod keeps a scroll wheel, the interface will look much like the iPhone. If this is the case, it makes sense that Apple took it down so quickly because it does feel legit, and they didnt' want people getting the wrong idea.

If they keep the click wheel after going full touch screen, I'll be surprised.

I never want to use the wheel again after the iPhone..

Did anyone hear any rumors on how much capacity 6th gen will have? I know that 80 gigs is plenty but with every generation they keep increasing it. I'm about to get a 2nd iPod for myself and I'm not sure if I should wait for the new one with, possibly, bigger HDD or just go out and get 80 gig one... btw I would max 80 gig pretty quick :D

Sorry for hi-jacking.

Did anyone hear any rumors on how much capacity 6th gen will have? I know that 80 gigs is plenty but with every generation they keep increasing it. I'm about to get a 2nd iPod for myself and I'm not sure if I should wait for the new one with, possibly, bigger HDD or just go out and get 80 gig one... btw I would max 80 gig pretty quick :D

Sorry for hi-jacking.

i've got no idea personally, but I wouldn't put 120 or 100 out of the question.

that's what i'd expect anyway.

there were stories of i think toshiba putting out 120gb drives in the size of the current iPod drives so I would think they'd use those.

I'd wait for 6G if I were you.

Back