Possible HD: 160 GB Maxtor SATA 40$ no rebate.

Can one store tell what another store has in stock? I had to call 7 different stores before finding one on Monday and I asked two different guys at 2 different stores on the phone if they could tell me a store that had it. Both of them told me NO. So can they really do this, do you have to be a manager or something to see that info, or did they just lie to me?

Yes. Problem is, sometimes they look online, and don't see it. But there must also be some sort of store inventory tracking system, because after a couple places told me they didn't have it, two different places were able to tell me the stores that did have it.

So the answer is yes, at least in Virginia/DC/Maryland.

cold solder said:
Can one store tell what another store has in stock? I had to call 7 different stores before finding one on Monday and I asked two different guys at 2 different stores on the phone if they could tell me a store that had it. Both of them told me NO. So can they really do this, do you have to be a manager or something to see that info, or did they just lie to me?

I called the Staples near me about 2 seconds after I heard about this. They didn't have any in stock. So I asked about the other Staples in town, they put me on hold, and confirmed 3 drives over there. It's possible (At least in CO Springs, CO.)

Check the price of the ones in stock. Just checked for philly, and only the 69th street store has them.

$149

fuk dat!

alright!!! who beat me to the one in boardman OH!!!!????, i just called they're like we have it, but there's a note to hold it for someone!!!!!

ok guys here's how it works, you call a store one minute they tell you they have some, call the next minute they never carried them. i recommend you go scavenger hunting and try to snag one, im running out now to do just that. ill update anyone in the new jersey area on how i did when i get back.

spent all day dealing with the worst customer service ever: staples. Finally snagged one after stops to about 8 stores...good deal but im never going to staples again : <

If anyone wants one in the atl area, there's one under my name (Alex) if they still have it tommorrow. It's at the Mount Zion location, the only store that has it. Supposedly they had 2, but when I called that store, they said they only had 1, so I told em to hold it.

just called local staples, on hold for a bit:

Female Staples Assoc.: One in store
Me: Can you verify the price
Her: 39.50
Me: Can you hold that for me
Her: Sure
Male voice in background:*mumble*
Her: Oh wait sir, we don't have one in stock
Me:Oh
Her: But I can order
Male voice in background: *mumble*
Her: Since it's a clearance item I cannot order it from another store, but I can check other staples' invetory for you
Me: Sure
*on hold*
Her: Sir, there isn't a single store in western PA with this item in stock.

so I guess the male employee wanted it :/

yah i had problems like that also, too say the least i wasn't happy when i showed up to the store and they "dont carry that item"....good luck gettin one dritz

Back