Possible to put two fans on TRUE 120?

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
I am shopping for one, and it only comes with 1 fan, is it possible to buy another fan holder and get second fan for it?

The older TRUE's only come with one set of fan mounting clips and as above poster said, you can buy another one. The newer TRUE's do come with two sets of clips out of the box.

I have two Noctua's on my TRUE and I think it works better than one.

yeahp i had to order a second pair of clips but they weren't expensive and they were worth it.

I put mine into push-pull with all sorts of different fan combinations and it never made a difference.
Except increased noise...

Thanks guys, this is what I ordered...

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366
Thermalright FDB 120mm x 25mm Stealth Silent Fan - 2000RPM
Thermalright Ultra-120 Series Fan Bracket

I don't know if the 2nd fan will make any difference, but i am gonna use it anyway....

I put mine into push-pull with all sorts of different fan combinations and it never made a difference.
Except increased noise...

Yeah. Might get a small improvement in airflow but that comes at a price of increased noise. What's the difference between 2 fans versus 1 anyway...about 3-5C at most.

Yeah. Might get a small improvement in airflow but that comes at a price of increased noise. What's the difference between 2 fans versus 1 anyway...about 3-5C at most.

When you are pushing your oc to the limits, 3-5C is the difference between stability and bsod.

When you are pushing your oc to the limits, 3-5C is the difference between stability and bsod.

I seriously doubt it...your overclock should not depend on a few degrees. If you overclock properly and keep the system 100% stable, it should still be well under the CPU's limit at both idle and load.

I seriously doubt it...your overclock should not depend on a few degrees. If you overclock properly and keep the system 100% stable, it should still be well under the CPU's limit at both idle and load.

What do you mean overclock properly?

If you pushed your oc to the max, let say using your E6750 to oc to 4.0Ghz with 1,5v and it reaches 75C after priming for 2 hours and it bsod. Then you add another fan and the max temp it reaches is 70C and it never bsod even after 10 hours of priming. So adding another fan does affect your stability even if the temperature difference is only 5C when you are pushing your oc to the max. If you are running a mild oc, 5C might not.

should have one of these coming in tomorrow, got the scythe-f fan. I've heard a lot of complaints about the convexity/concavity of the mating surface. have they or do they ever plan to rectify this?

Back