Possible Trouble with user Furcal15

Tristezza

Weaksauce
The deal was to trade my HP laptop for his PS3. Him, with only slightly higher heatware feedback than myself insisted I ship first and then he would ship the PS3. The laptop was delivered and now I have not heard from him for several days.

He is also known on the Anandtech Forums under the same name.

I will keep you posted as to the outcome of this transaction.

Well its only a few days as I am sure others will tell you be patient, I would wait a few more days. Did you get any contact info besides his online name, with a high dollar amount transaction names and address's should be exchanged!

Some guy wanted me to ship first and then he would pay once he got the item.............

Fat Chance.

Has this guy even sent the item out????
Tracking number????
Not an email to tell you he got your Laptop???

:eek:

well i shipped a computer full tower case coast to coast it take USPS about 3 weeks ><

I shipped it UPS so I got a tracking number, and also paid so that it would have to be signed for.

I didn't hear from him the day it got there so I sent him a PM:

"Hey,
I received the laptop in beautiful condition. The PS3 is all packed up and ready to go. Will be shipped out tomorrow via UPS. I will give you the tracking #. Work has been hectic all week. And I left Thursday for the holiday weekend to go camping. Back now. Sorry for the lack of communication. Will get to you as soon as I ship.
Thanks,
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristezza
I see that you got my box today. If you could get the PS3 shipped out tomorrow, that would be great. "

I have the UPS tracking page where it shows he signed for it and has a copy of his name. It was delivered on 12/3 and I haven't heard from him other than the above PM. The only thing I forgot to get from him his phone # since I'm used to ebay and craigslist where I either get paid and ship something, or go and drop it off.

I live in PA and shipped to CA which I was a little worried about to begin with. But, I have lots of family who live not too far away from him. But hopefully if won't come to that . . .

You should always have a phone number, and confirm that it is the right number. Always.

keep your faith, im sure he will come through, if not i hope you learn from your mistakes :]

So, exactly how long has it been since the day tracking shows he got the laptop?

Things go happen in life - illness, work, insane girlfriend/wife/family issues, etc.

If he's got a good track record with previous trades then a little faith might be in order.

Indeed. Exactly how many days has it been?

post this at anandtech,state the facts,the guys there may have contact with him

So I'm pretty sure I got F'd here.

What information of his should I post for others . . .

You cant post anything personal about him here...but you can at AnandTech.....
hit up there troll section and add his name to it.

And don't forget that you also have recourse to local authorities,
both on your end and in his city, to try to recover your property

I hope it works out for you and you get your item.

Next time anyone sells a laptop, put a password on it.

If the buyer wants to do a 50/50 deal, make them send the 50% first, then send the item out, then when they ask what the password is log into windows, have them send the other 50%.

I hope it works out for you and you get your item.

Next time anyone sells a laptop, put a password on it.

If the buyer wants to do a 50/50 deal, make them send the 50% first, then send the item out, then when they ask what the password is log into windows, have them send the other 50%.

A BIOS password, maybe, but Windows? I can reset any Windows password you set within 2 minutes. Still, once you have the hardware it's all over.

So I hunted this guy down by doing some searches with his name and found his myspace page. After checking out his pictures to see what he looked like, you'll never guess what was sitting on a table in the background of one of the photos, yep, my laptop. So I sent him a wtf message and he "assured me I wasn't getting scammed". Perhaps it was the threat of legal action, but he said he's going to send it.

I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

So I hunted this guy down by doing some searches with his name and found his myspace page. After checking out his pictures to see what he looked like, you'll never guess what was sitting on a table in the background of one of the photos, yep, my laptop. So I sent him a wtf message and he "assured me I wasn't getting scammed". Perhaps it was the threat of legal action, but he said he's going to send it.

haha.. maybe we can start a thread that calls "The Dumbest Scammer of all"... kinda like the Dumbest Criminals...:D

pics or shens..:)

So after some more work w/myspace I found where he works by looking at his friends' pages and his "occupation" field. I know from his coments section that he's away for a few days on some vacatino or something. So what I'm going to do is call them up knowing he's not there and ask if they havea number where I can contact him.

I'll try to keep you posted...

Image Removed -Oldie

So after some more work w/myspace I found where he works by looking at his friends' pages and his "occupation" field. I know from his coments section that he's away for a few days on some vacatino or something. So what I'm going to do is call them up knowing he's not there and ask if they havea number where I can contact him.

I'll try to keep you posted...

Judging on the way he looks, he looks like the type of person who'd scam. I doubt he's gonna ship you anything, but unfortunately, I don't think contacting the police would make a difference. I've seen this happen on macrumors where the police could not do anything. And sending your family out to him won't solve anything. I think you're pretty much stuck. The only thing you can do is hurt his reputation. But if you can track his IP address and figure out exactly where he was posting from, you could get him then. Not like how you think though. If he possibly used his school computers, you could contact his school and say he used their computers to scam you. He'd be in pretty deep shit with his school. I've seen it happen.

When I first started selling here and had no heat around a month ago, everyone would tell me to ship first. I assumed they were all scammers and wouldn't listen. Never ship first and don't trade with anyone unless the other person agrees to go first.

LOL..scamming from mommy's house...how cute.

call the cops on him and anything else you can think of....

By all means stay on his ass about the PS3 and contact the authorities if you need to, but
how does finding a picture of him with your laptop after he already told you he got it prove that he's a scammer?

Guys, just a reminder:

(11) Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. [H]ard|Forum has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only.

Screw that, take his ass to claims court, seriously. Make sure you save all the emails...save tracking
number, etc. This is why I only sell stuff locally and deal in cash...because if a guy lives on the other side of the
country it's going to be a lose / lose situation. You should sue him for travel expenses
and everything else you can think of as well.

Back