Monitor: Dell 2709 - Samsung 32" A450

Gabinete: Antec P180 Mini

Fuente: Corsair HX1000w

Opticos: Asus SDR

Ventiladores: 3 Scythe 120

Teclado y mause : Logitech Illuminated - Razer Mamba

Sonido : Creative X-fi Fatality

Last edited:
That graphics cooler gives me the shivers, really crappy design, atleast the very similar one that was on my XFX GTS250, now replaced with an Accelero S1 rev2 ;)

can i post a pic of my p182se? or do you only want pics of p180's?

BOOM!!

Heres the inside (duh) took me about an hour to route the cables and tie em down effectively.
DSC02690.jpg

Heres an outside shot
DSC02701.jpg

Uh oh, fingerprints already on the front, the included cloth takes care of that !
DSC02705.jpg

Reflective much!?
DSC02698.jpg

Awesome!!

My Antec Mini 180 Silent PC
dsc01632av.jpg

Procesador: Intel i7 920 D0 - Xigmatek Dark Knight

Placa madre: Asus X58 Gene

Ram: Corsair Dominator 3x2GB

HDD: 2 SSD 2.5 GSkill Raid 0

VGA: XFX Gtx 285 Black Edition

Monitor: Dell 2709 - Samsung 32" A450

Gabinete: Antec P180 Mini

Fuente: Corsair HX1000w

Opticos: Asus SDR

Ventiladores: 3 Scythe 120

Teclado y mause : Logitech Illuminated - Razer Mamba

Sonido : Creative X-fi Fatality

Wow, that's really nice. Makes me want to have my next build an mATX system.

I'm going to be getting a new i7 box in a month or so, and I want to put it all in a P183. I'm planning on using an EVGA E758-A1 and one, if not two, XFX 5850s. Am I going to have to remove one of the bays or should both cards fit?

I know quite a few people have been looking for this setup (I know I was), so I went ahead and became the first...enjoy.

Specs:
Case: P183
CPU: Core i7 920 @ 3.52 GHZ
Video: Geforce 260 core 216 Overclocked edition.
Ram: OCZ Gold 6GB tri-channel
Motherboard: Foxconn GTI Bloodrage.
Cooling: Domino A.L.C. w/ 3 120mm fans

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8681/coolitview.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1252/93523909.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2447/56659868.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7334/54101790.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've been watching this thread for a long time and I've done quite a bit of modding to my P180B due to inspirations from here. Today I'm posting a new mod that I haven't found anywhere on the net, so far, that is currently in development.

Background:

My primary PC is a fully ATX converted Mac Pro case with a window and watercooling loop and I love the fact that the CPU is at the bottom of the case and the graphics card is "right" side up showing the beautiful waterblock. Also, any heat that is produced by the CPU is pushed right out of the back of the case and isn't affected by the GPU, which produces even more heat than the CPU. I also got tired of seeing the back sides of expansion cards, so I decided to use this to make a killer mod for the P180B.

The symmetry of the P180's exterior made this much easier to do than I thought. This can be seen by the following pictures:

PC315490.JPG

PC315491.JPG

PC315492.JPG

As you can see, I simply removed the rivets holding the back panel and motherboard tray and flipped the whole thing upside down. As the side panels are identical, it makes no difference which side they are on. I also had to cut a section of the "isolation tray" to be able to mount the PSU on the top of the case. Fortunately, it is still isolated from the motherboard, so heat from it shouldn't be an issue. I also figured while I was modifying the PSU tray that I would make it possible to mount dual PSUs much like the P190.

Since this is my secondary PC, the specs aren't too amazing, but that doesn't make it any less of a case mod. Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5. The CPU is an AMD Phenom II x2 550 running at 3.4 on stock HSF. The GPU is a Gigabyte Radeon HD4550 passive cooling. PSU is a Thermaltake modular ToughPower 650W. HDD is a 160GB WD Velociraptor and the system will soon have a 4 drive Maxtor Maxline III 1.2TB (4x300GB) RAID 0 array.

Let me know what you guys think.

-BK

PS

The wiring will be very clean once the painting is done. There is still some more design work to be done as well.
Also, if you want to see pics of my unrelated Mac Pro case, please visit here: http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=hack1&thread=707&page=1

Last edited:
I think thats the first one ive seen where the insides were taking apart like that. Once its all painted and pretty i think it'll rock.
Looks good so far.

I think thats the first one ive seen where the insides were taking apart like that. Once its all painted and pretty i think it'll rock.
Looks good so far.

I'm an optimist, so I'm going to say that it will look amazing when it's done, HAHA! I am actually surprised nobody, AFAIK, has done something like this. Other than a little bit of cutting on the center tray, it wasn't that difficult. Of course, I still need to do some more fabricating for my custom PSU tray, but if someone wanted to mount a single PSU as per normal, you could easily do it by mounting the stock PSU tray to the top of the case rather than the bottom. It's just a few rivets that need to be drilled out. I kinda hope that this mod inspires others, though it probably won't until it's finished.

Anyways, thanks for the compliment.

-BK

i've been curious about these mods just looking at these cases. i've decided to get a p193. since it's 3 inches longer than a p183. i'm thinking it'll be easier to fir a radiator and fan at the bottom chamber with the extra 3 inches. also i wanted to put a radiator at the top of my case but still mounted inside where the dual 140mm fans go. i'm a little skeptical about it but i think it would be better than single mounting a radiator fan on the back of the case. erm....here are some idea i've been having...i have a 780i board and i'd like to keep all my water cooling internally. i'm a noob t this so far but i'm open to suggestions.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4...20_X-Flow_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s159

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...Combo_Block_BP-WBN78NS-BK.html?tl=g30c313s802

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7..._Block_No_Fittings_.html?tl=g30c325s844#blank

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...ealth_280_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s930

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...al_525_Bay_Reservoir_Pump.html?tl=g30c107s152

am i on the right track?

Last edited:
Here is my recently completed build with a P183 (specs in sig), no real mods except for dremeling out the stamped metal fan grills all round:

P183Front.jpg

P183Side.jpg

P183Side2.jpg

And today I just built this budget pc for my dad using old bits I had left over from previous upgrades, I got the P180 Mini new from a friend for half price ;). Specs are E4600 @ 3GHz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, 4Gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, 9600GT, Samsung F3 500Gb, Win 7 64 bit

P180MiniSide.jpg

P180MiniSide2.jpg

Hi guys, I have a query. Any idea if I am able to fit a EVGA X58 SLI LE board into my P182 while using a Noctua UH-12P HSF? Im afraid that it might not clear the top case exhaust fan.

And if it doesnt, am I able to fit a EVGA x58 SLI Classified board instead? (EATX board)

Thanks in advance =)

Hello happy P180 mini owners, I have one question for you: Is it possible to put into a Noctua NH-U12P SE2?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Here's my mini p180 :)

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ 3.7ghz
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
4gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600
eVGA GTX 260
Sound blaster x-fi xtreme music
40gb Kingston SSD
500gb + 200gb Seagate HDDs
Antec Earthwatts 650w psu
Xigmatek s1283 HSF

I've got an extra 120mm tricool in the front that I stole from my mom's comp:p My cables arent as neat as most people's in here, but they're a hell of a lot neater than my last computer.

p1000282qn.jpg

p1000284z.jpg

Let's play spot the SSD ;) I got the idea of sticking it there from a person on here I think. It's a perfect size for it and when the side panel is on it cant really move about even without anything holding it down.

p1000270e.jpg

Here is my P193...

I had to cut a window since the side panel wouldn't fit on anymore with the water cooling.
Test fitting:
009atx.jpg

All done!
011qb.jpg

Made some custom acrylic SSD mounts.
012wt.jpg

I also painted the inside of the case flat black. The tubing is getting changed to UV blue too.
016iu.jpg

008uo.jpg

my p182, love this 42lb beast of a case to death, going to paint the inside flat black, and add a window...
Good job on the cables. Is that a passive CPU cooler? I used to have a system with a Ninja passively cooling my CPU, but that cooler in there makes that Ninja look ---tiny---.

Good job on the cables. Is that a passive CPU cooler? I used to have a system with a Ninja passively cooling my CPU, but that cooler in there makes that Ninja look ---tiny---.
thanks man on all the builds i do cable management is my favorite part haha, and there is a 120mm in the center of the heat sink
i can't decide what color to paint the inside of my case...either flat black, gunmetal, glossy black

Here's what I have, after arguing with the location of my P5QL Pro power plug...this is as best as I can do without extensions or something!

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

And the whole setup:
DSC_9770.JPG

Cable management isn't perfect, but it is what it is without spending cash...besides, I don't have a window! It actually was a lot worse, but a shorted PSU required a new one and as a result, some better cable management!

added a window to my p182 today, it was pretty easy, but the corners where giving me some trouble...nothing is perfect!

stripped the aluminum layer to make cutting a little easier
4358256258_ce86bfcfe5.jpg

laid down some painters tape, made my lines...
4358256872_29db90fa4b.jpg

with out acrylic installed
4358257680_0f75963447.jpg

acrylic installed
4357511427_29c2cfcd4f.jpg

Can a P180 Mini with great 120mm intake fans be enough to cool a 5970?
The fan will be blowing directly on the card which I think is better than most cases out there.

hrm, imo i think when it comes to vga cooling from a case the xclio windtunnel, technically, is best.

How are hard drive temps with it mounted in the bottom like that? I was thinking of getting a mini 180, but was wondering if it would be feasible to mount a hard drive and DVD drive in the bottom chamber, leaving the cages out, and putting my card reader in the very top bay. Think that would work, or would my HDD burn up?

How are hard drive temps with it mounted in the bottom like that? I was thinking of getting a mini 180, but was wondering if it would be feasible to mount a hard drive and DVD drive in the bottom chamber, leaving the cages out, and putting my card reader in the very top bay. Think that would work, or would my HDD burn up?

I have 2 hard drives
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB (main and OS drive)
and a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Right now the 640GB is 45 degrees Celsius.
the 1TB is 31 degrees (this is because it's not spinning due to Windows power saving)

Ambient is like 20 something.

Not sure about summer (i didn't check at that time) but overall my comp was very hot. (No AC =/) Thus it should be okay if you maintain your room temperature.

You are provided with one 5.25 -> 3.5" thingy so you can mount a harddrive at the bottom.
The bottom has 2 drive bays, so you can put your dvd drive down there too with 1 harddrive.

Thanks for the quick reply, I think that makes the minip180 my next case. Now to wait for a sale.

Back