post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

yer dude u really gota clean ur cables

They really aren't that bad. The biggest problem with the P180 series in my mind is that the 8 pin ATX connector is almost always in the top left corner of the motherboard once it is mounted, and most PSUs don't have a long enough lead on the 8 pin cable to reach up there from behind the motherboard tray.

The rest isn't that bad, though I don't know what's going on with that IDE cable...

If the CPU connector can strectch all along the front of your mobo like that, it should be able to go behind the tray. It seems like it's an even shorter distance behind it!

If the CPU connector can strectch all along the front of your mobo like that, it should be able to go behind the tray. It seems like it's an even shorter distance behind it!

That was my thought process... and then I tried it. Like 6 different times. And swore a lot, at both PC Power & Cooling, and Antec, for their lack of foresight.

Then I broke down and bought an extension for the 8 pin cable.

After a while, I got a Lian-Li. No more problem.

this is my first water project. please tell me what you think. thanks.
DSC00596.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

all six antec three speed fan switches are on low and it's very quiet. i never have to put the side panel on. i don't know why some people hate the antec fans, i love them.

in orthos small fft the q6600 always shows two cores at 47 and the other two at 52. it's got 1.45v set in bios.

Just recently upgraded my pc with a Swiftech water cooler, 4 Zaward golf fans and an Accelero for the graphics card.

I know its not the perfect cable arrangement, but it was the best I could do with 5 drives.

One question though, I bought the Accelero S1 Rev.2 because it was recommended against the stock cooler. Their website clearly stated that it was compaitble for 8800GT but the manual didn't list it so I didn't know which slot (A or B) to use for the screws so I chose the outer 4 holes to match the ones that the stock cooler had used.

However, it now runs at 51C idle, the stock cooler ran at 55C idle, so it's not such a big jump, so maybe I haven't fitted it correctly, I don't really want to add a fan to the Accelero, there are enough in the case already

Any suggestions?

Specs as follows:
Q6600 GO OC2.7Ghz
3GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400
Asus P5K Premium Black Ed
EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512MB Superclocked with Accelero S1 Rev.2
Swiftech H20 120
WD Raptor 160GB x 2 RAID 0
Corsair HX620W

DSC00755.jpg

However, it now runs at 51C idle, the stock cooler ran at 55C idle, so it's not such a big jump, so maybe I haven't fitted it correctly, I don't really want to add a fan to the Accelero, there are enough in the case already

Having same temperature running passive as you had with active cooling before is a very good result. It's true, that i got far more results with my 3870 (stock cooling - idle 60/burn 90-95, Accelero - idle 38/burn 58), but that is more because of settings of stock cooling.

So if you are getting same temperatures running passive as you had before with active cooling - it's absolutely OK. If you want better temperatures, then add one 12cm fan, but it's not needed until you are thinking about overclocking.

I have just been playing Call of Duty for 2 hours and the temp afterwards is 76C, is that normal or safe. Should I be getting these temps using an Accelero or does it suggest I fitted it badly?

No worries, I reseated the cooler with some Arctic 5 and added a Nexus 120mm fan, its now running 42C idle.

can i be the first ere to say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is some sexy modd. and very sexy water cooling

cool flash ssd

Hello all. I've been lurking for some time and after reading this entire thread, jumped in and modded my P180B. Haven't put the window in yet but here's what I've done so far. Tell me what you think and thanks to all for posting their setups. You guys have some unbelievable rigs.

P180B - 4 coats of paint and ready to be reassembled.
Picture003.jpg

All the panels back on except the front of course, it's getting a window put in next.

Picture007.jpg

My interim setup while painting. I actually enjoyed this setup for the time being. Had to keep the puppy out though, he chews on everything.
Picture010.jpg

I'll post more pictures once everything is put back in. I have everything for the window (gray tinted acrylic) but haven't decided the size of the window yet. Got some nice quiet Titto (19db) blue led fans and have an Accelero and an 8800gts on their way as well. Thinking of replacing the Freezer Pro 7 just for looks. Either a Thermalright True or 9700 NT but not sure. Ant suggestions welcome.

For the love of god, don't buy the 9700 NT.
It literally sounds like a jet engine at full speed. I had one, and I actually gave it to a friend and bought a TRUE + Fan just to get rid of it.

For the love of god, don't buy the 9700 NT.
It literally sounds like a jet engine at full speed. I had one, and I actually gave it to a friend and bought a TRUE + Fan just to get rid of it.

Well that's good to know. I'm going for quiet so thanks for the heads up. I was leaning towards the True to begin with. I'd like to see how it does w/out a fan and good case airflow.

I've got some 9700 NT's and I don't think that they are all that loud. Sure the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with the right fan can be much quieter, I still don't think they are that bad. The Artic Freezer 7 Pro is a great cooler. I've got one in my HTPC and I've been very impressed with it. Though I can understand where you are coming from on the looks. I don't particularly like the looks either. Though I didn't buy it for looks.

Yeah it's definitely loud.
I used the 9700 NT for about 8 months straight, before I switched. I've since added my TRUE and about 6 extra 120mm fans and it's still quieter than the 9700 NT. The only fan that comes close is my Silverstone FM121 at full blast (It's 120 CFM, ~40 DBA?). No other fan or combination of multiple fans have ever made the amount of noise the 9700 NT makes at 2800 RPM (100% Speed).

The sad thing is that it doesn't even cool that well.

Even the Zalman 9500 was loud as hell, though significantly quieter than the NT.

The TRUE and any Scythe/Noctua fan is quieter than the Zalman 9700 NT by orders of magnitude.
Simply not comparable. I'll keep adding fans to my case, and I've yet to even approach 9700 NT levels.

My PC tower is about 2 feet away from my face, sitting on the floor.
The noise doesn't bother me when I know it's cooling well. The fact that the TRUE + Fan is completely silent AND cools better?! That was enough for me to say goodbye to the 9700 NT.

Yeah it's definitely loud.
I used the 9700 NT for about 8 months straight, before I switched. I've since added my TRUE and about 6 extra 120mm fans and it's still quieter than the 9700 NT. The only fan that comes close is my Silverstone FM121 at full blast (It's 120 CFM, ~40 DBA?). No other fan or combination of multiple fans have ever made the amount of noise the 9700 NT makes at 2800 RPM (100% Speed).

The sad thing is that it doesn't even cool that well.

Even the Zalman 9500 was loud as hell, though significantly quieter than the NT.

The TRUE and any Scythe/Noctua fan is quieter than the Zalman 9700 NT by orders of magnitude.
Simply not comparable. I'll keep adding fans to my case, and I've yet to even approach 9700 NT levels.

My PC tower is about 2 feet away from my face, sitting on the floor.

Everything I've ever read shows that the Zalman 9700 NT actually does cool fairly well. I still don't get why everyone says its' loud. I guess that I have a different frame of reference as I've used a ton of coolers that were worse when it comes to noise.

The Zalman's not very cost effective, especially when you can get the Xigmatek HDT-1283 and get near TRUE-120 performance for only ~$40 shipped ...

That Xigmatek looks like a great cooler for the money. Not a big fan of the push pins on a large heatsink but maybe I'll give it a try. Definitely need a new heatsink to top off my case mod. It's the centerpiece of the window. I LOVE my Freezer Pro 7 but sorry buddy, I'm going to be vain on this one.

That Xigmatek looks like a great cooler for the money. Not a big fan of the push pins on a large heatsink but maybe I'll give it a try. Definitely need a new heatsink to top off my case mod. It's the centerpiece of the window. I LOVE my Freezer Pro 7 but sorry buddy, I'm going to be vain on this one.

You can get a Thermalright Bolt-Through kit for like $9 and push out the pushpins if you don't like them.... or pick up some little springs and some 1 1/2" #6 threaded machine screws ($3 or so), a small piece of sheet metal to cut the backplate out of, and a $5 yoga mat from Target if you're impatient. The Thermalright kit will probably look better, but chances are you can find half of the other stuff around the house. ;)

You can get a Thermalright Bolt-Through kit for like $9 and push out the pushpins if you don't like them.... or pick up some little springs and some 1 1/2" #6 threaded machine screws ($3 or so), a small piece of sheet metal to cut the backplate out of,and a $5 yoga mat from Target if you're impatient. The Thermalright kit will probably look better, but chances are you can find half of the other stuff around the house. ;)

LOL. Yeah, that about sums up that approach. I think I'm going to go this route: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/lgboforulula.html.

Now which one do I get:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16835233003
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233012

I'm going for the "coolness" factor here so I'm thinking the nickel plating might give it a little more bling along with the fan.

Thermalright Bolt-Thru kit is a universal solution for all coolers with push-pins :). I used it for my Ninja. Death to push-pins :D.

Is my SilverStone fan (The white one) in a safe spot?
http://i27.tinypic.com/20a3q4h.jpg

Right now I'm testing it, and adding that fan dropped my idle from 42/42 to 33/33, so whoever said my Noctua wasn't doing the job properly for my TRUE was dead-on.

I can twist-tie the fan into position, but I'm concerned about dust.

Back