post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

@ Mark660: Very nice job on the internal mounting of the radiator. You've got me pondering adding that to my mod list now... it would definitely be nice to get my cooling self contained.

hes some pics of my nearly done p182 se. ill be starting my window mod soon and will have pics of that later.

IMG_0798-1.jpg

IMG_0784-1.jpg

IMG_0789-1.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795-1.jpg

IMG_0768-1.jpg

IMG_0769-1.jpg

IMG_0777-1.jpg

Damn that's sexy. What are you guys using to paint the inside?

edit: I just read in the rate my cables thread that it came like that. But I have seen a few cases that were painted inside. Any recommendations on process/paint?

Yeah after seeing the paint, it makes me want to paint mine.
Unfortunately my system is fully assembled, and I'm the only person who ever sees my PC rig.
:(

want to do push N pull setup w/ my thermalright but afraid of the weight -_-

hmm you set it up so the two fans will pull air away from heatsink, i tho push N pull was suppose to be the best method or am i wrong?

very nice setup :D

funny thing, zip ties take alot of thought to pull off a balanced fan mount like that. I remember doing something like that and I kept zipping them on the wrong side. GJ.

Damn that's sexy. What are you guys using to paint the inside?

edit: I just read in the rate my cables thread that it came like that. But I have seen a few cases that were painted inside. Any recommendations on process/paint?

I just bought an Enamel from Home Depot. Just make sure your surface is clean, and you scuff up the metal with some sand paper. It helps the paint stick to it better. I did a lot of light coats, and make sure you let the thing dry for a day or two(depending on how thick you applied the paint) before sticking it back together. All the plastic pieces came off the cage with little to no problems, the top is just held on by double sided tape. And I just masked off the side panels with tape.

Hope that helps.

want to do push N pull setup w/ my thermalright but afraid of the weight -_-

hmm you set it up so the two fans will pull air away from heatsink, i tho push N pull was suppose to be the best method or am i wrong?

very nice setup :D

Looks like a push-pull setup to me (look closer). From what I've read, the gain isn't worth the cost of the extra fan. As far as weight, if you really want to do that type of setup, I've made a bracket to support my TRUE... Posted it several pages back somewhere.

thanks guys for the comment.

push and pull isnt' worth the extra money. but i got a free fan when i bought 4 of them and i had no where to put the 5th one.

i did see some improvement. kept my load temps down @ 3.6 from 70C to about 66C.

the weight isn't a big issue. the bracket that comes with it seems strong enough to support an extra fan which weighs very little .

one downside that got me pissed was screwing on the heatsink. because i was trying on the fan when it wasn't on the mobo, i had to cut off the fan then tie it on then but the fans on. and when i want to take the heatsink off i would have to cut off the cable ties and do it all over agian.... but i hardly goign to touch it anyways :)

been a long time since Ive posted any pics, here are a few with the new 9600gt's in sli...

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture015.jpg

:D

So summer time is coming up here in AZ pretty fast. I was wondering if anyone has tested variations in fan direction. I think i read somewhere that having the back fan blow in and the top fan blow out helped drop cpu temps 2-3 c?

Also I'm thinking about taking out the fans i have now in the p180 (stock fans). I want to find a quiet fan that pushes out more air than the stock ones i have now, any recommendations?

I just got some Yate Loons these I am waiting on some more cable sleeving before I put them in my P182. I did hook them up and they are just a tad louder than the Antec Tri-Cools on low. They also push atleast twice as much air at full speed compared to the Tri Cools on low. So I am getting twice the air flow with a little more sound. I am sure the Loons will make a little more turbulence noise when pulling the air through the grills on the case. Might have to cut the grills out. The Yate Loons I got run at 1650rpm at 12v. I also got the Scythe Kaze master fan controller so I will be able to dial down the rpms. I get the cable sleeving tomorrow, so I will have a full review this weekend.

Yate Loons quited down my PC a TON. There are pix of mine a few pages back.

I have 2 tri-cools if you want them :D

Your PSU is upside-down.

Well thats because, there is around 2 cm gap above the PSU and only 0.5-1 cm gap underneath it - so have it upside down means better cooling for it..

But I have realised that it looks really stupid and my cables aren't long enough so I'm probably going to turn it the right way sometime.

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

thought ill share these pics ere.

need to clean up my desk for better pics :)

So summer time is coming up here in AZ pretty fast. I was wondering if anyone has tested variations in fan direction. I think i read somewhere that having the back fan blow in and the top fan blow out helped drop cpu temps 2-3 c?

Also I'm thinking about taking out the fans i have now in the p180 (stock fans). I want to find a quiet fan that pushes out more air than the stock ones i have now, any recommendations?

anyone?

Scythe S-Flex if you have the cash and don't mind the cost, for fans. Yate Loon low speeds if you'd like to spend less but still want better than stock. Mid or high speeds if you have a fan controller for them.

I have 5 silverstone fm121's in my p-182 and they put out a good 110cfm but they are very loud. If i had too get new fans I would probably get some yate loons, I here they are extremely quiet and have decent airflow.

I have yate loon High speeds, and they are moderately quiet.

Heck, the cheap Ultra fan I put in my PSu is quieter than the tri-cools.

So here's my P182. I've got everything but the GPU, CPU, Blu-Ray drive and hard drives so this is basically what it will look like.

Is there any major room for improvement here?

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

All fans in the case (the Dominator Airflow and 3 Scythe S-Flexs) are on a Sunbeam fan controller.

Sorry for the mess. I am going to be re-organizing everything this week. Replacing all the fans with Yate Loons and a fan controller.

This is how I will run it without the upper HDD cage:
IMG_0912.jpg

This is with the cage in:
IMG_0913.jpg

So here's my P182. I've got everything but the GPU, CPU, Blu-Ray drive and hard drives so this is basically what it will look like.

Is there any major room for improvement here?

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

All fans in the case (the Dominator Airflow and 3 Scythe S-Flexs) are on a Sunbeam fan controller.

Those DFI boards just look so awesome... cant wait to see it when its finished

Has anyone modified the upper HDD cage to fit "sideways"? if not, I'm going to look into it. :D

Any tips for zip-tying a 120mm fan to the 5.25" bay? I tried to get around my TRUE-120, and tore a ligament in my wrist.

What's restricting it? Well, I could try.. crap.. never mind, I just looked down and figured out why - air flow restriction is the first thing I thought about when I looked at my case.

Anyways, I guess I'll need to get a 3 in 2 converter if I get any more hard drives.

FYI, I just found the P182SE for $159.99 at buy.com, but stock is limited

Antec P182SE

It says free shipping, but they charged me $5.49 for a grand total of $165.48. Still a great deal on this case, I thought. Only $20 than NewEgg has the "standard" P182 for.

Just figured I would throw that in in case anyone is looking to pick this one up. :)

FYI, I just found the P182SE for $159.99 at buy.com, but stock is limited

Antec P182SE

It says free shipping, but they charged me $5.49 for a grand total of $165.48. Still a great deal on this case, I thought. Only $20 than NewEgg has the "standard" P182 for.

Just figured I would throw that in in case anyone is looking to pick this one up. :)

Hopefully you used google checkout for $20 off your order :D

Back