Post pics of your Antec 900

e-bay036e.jpg

The pants-down-shot: :D
e-bay042e.jpg

e-bay041e.jpg

e-bay040e.jpg

e-bay044e.jpg

wait, what exactly am I looking at here, the front which you've modded to include a sorta silverstone tagged "shield" and a custom optical drive?

thats sexy.

I wish these case manufacturers whould just include a sorta custom tailored CD drive, I mean I think its pretty obvious that 95% of people buying PCs is going to include an optical drive.

wait, what exactly am I looking at here, the front which you've modded to include a sorta silverstone tagged "shield" and a custom optical drive?

thats sexy.

I wish these case manufacturers whould just include a sorta custom tailored CD drive, I mean I think its pretty obvious that 95% of people buying PCs is going to include an optical drive.

Ok , i second this, tell us more about what you've done! thats awesome

The front bays are Silverstone CFP51-B's. I liked them better than the stock Antec HDD cages, and are easier to sleep next to while the computer is on at night. The slim DVD slot load drive is getting to be a popular mod. I made the full window with $20 worth of parts and a jigsaw instead of buying a $60 version on FrozenCPU. I am finally done with the modding to the case, now I plan on getting a Sony or Samsung 37" (better than the Westy)

e-bay045e.jpg

e-bay046e.jpg

e-bay048e.jpg

What the f*ck is that on the case by the cooler? o_O
Is it a mixture of [DontKnowTheWord] ? :D And why didnt you make it away ?

It's just dust that's built up on my side door fan from the last year or so. My PC never gets turned off, and its in one of those dedicated desk shelf things, so I don't see the sides much :p

It's just dust that's built up on my side door fan from the last year or so. My PC never gets turned off, and its in one of those dedicated desk shelf things, so I don't see the sides much :p

Ahh ok...and i thought its a kind of drug or so what you tryed to take away as police came in XD

The front bays are Silverstone CFP51-B's. I liked them better than the stock Antec HDD cages, and are easier to sleep next to while the computer is on at night. The slim DVD slot load drive is getting to be a popular mod. I made the full window with $20 worth of parts and a jigsaw instead of buying a $60 version on FrozenCPU. I am finally done with the modding to the case, now I plan on getting a Sony or Samsung 37" (better than the Westy)

e-bay045e.jpg

I've always wondered, how to you access DVD drives, etc with those HDD cages? Are those doors or something?

edit: read around a little and found my answer. Nevermind....

Can you link to a walkthrough on the mod for the slot loader? Did you write one up on yours? I've never seen the mod on the 900 before, this would help boatloads with what I want to do to mine.

I did not write up anything about this mod. Before it became popular, I completed this mod with the following:

+ + + Antec 900 Slimline DVD mod courtesy of user Ch3ck5um / Deadman

+ + + Pioneer DVR-K06 Slim/Slot DVD Burner or any other slim/slot load DVD burner

+ + + Slim ATAPI Converters from Addonics ATAPI --> USB 2.0 converter (to save a SATA port)

+ + + A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case the best A900 thread online --- 44 pages now

courtesy of user sailrabbit from xtremesystems.org

I did not write up anything about this mod. Before it became popular, I completed this mod with the following:

+ + + Pioneer DVR-K06 Slim/Slot DVD Burner or any other slim/slot load DVD burner

+ + + Slim ATAPI Converters from Addonics ATAPI --> USB 2.0 converter (to save a SATA port)

+ + + A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case the best A900 thread online, last 15 pages or so contain other 900 users with the mod

courtesy of user sailrabbit from xtremesystems.org

mucho thanks on this one, i will def be pulling off this mod this summer!

KTVU... do you know of any slim line DVDs anywhere now? I've looked a couple places and can't find one. I'm still putting in the 3rd cage I got from you, so if I have to live without an external drive, so be it. ;)

I am thinking of buying a antec 900 myself. I was wondering are newer cases are the rev 1.3? with the cable hole's??

KTVU... do you know of any slim line DVDs anywhere now? I've looked a couple places and can't find one. I'm still putting in the 3rd cage I got from you, so if I have to live without an external drive, so be it. ;)

Newegg does not have the Pioneer DVR-K06 at this time, which I paid around $80 after shipping. Here's a few that I found:

Pioneer DVR-K06 Slim-line Internal DVD/CD Writer (Slot Loading) $61.80

PIONEER dvr-k06 / dvr-k06rs 8x8 slim DVD rewritable/ram (black bare drive-slot)
$69.90

Pioneer DVR K06 $66 to $103

I am thinking of buying a antec 900 myself. I was wondering are newer cases are the rev 1.3? with the cable hole's??

I don't know much about the revision numbers. I know I have the 2nd revision, which has the two extra holes in the motherboard tray. I bought this case back in September of '07.

+ + + A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case the best A900 thread online --- 44 pages now

:D i have every one of those pages bookmarked at home :cool: except the ATAPI > USB... i'll stick to SATA. but in any respect, i have some very similar plans for my 900 as a summer project. i actually do have the ATAPI > SATA from addonics bookmarked :D and i'm gonna try to use a kickbox 3x120 radgrill instead of the silverstone cages, but other'n that, very similar plans.

:D i have every one of those pages bookmarked at home :cool: except the ATAPI > USB... i'll stick to SATA. but in any respect, i have some very similar plans for my 900 as a summer project. i actually do have the ATAPI > SATA from addonics bookmarked :D and i'm gonna try to use a kickbox 3x120 radgrill instead of the silverstone cages, but other'n that, very similar plans.

If you order the converter from Addonics, I highly recommend getting the mounting bracket ($4) at the same time. This will hold the converter more securely to the back of the slim drive. Good luck, and show us your work when it is ready.

Odd... I searched Froogle for the that part number and found nothing. maybe I typo'd it. Thanks.

If you order the converter from Addonics, I highly recommend getting the mounting bracket ($4) at the same time. This will hold the converter more securely to the back of the slim drive. Good luck, and show us your work when it is ready.

thanks for the advice! :) now i'm actually thinking about USB instead because the cable is so much easier to hide/route than SATA. i just noticed it's SATA 150 vs. USB 2.0... interesting.

as for pics, i will most definately post pics when i'm done, and i may even do better than that by creating a worklog. i have lots of ideas for this case. between getting a promotion (more $$$) and summer coming up (i'm a univ admin; it'll be the slow season), i'm really looking forward to this.

Let us know of any questions or hassles. With enough of us here, you should be able to find all of the help & advice you need.

Let us know of any questions or hassles. With enough of us here, you should be able to find all of the help & advice you need.

well if i go the worklog route, i'll definately post a link in here for you guys. maybe it makes me a huge nerd, but i'm taking some visual inspiration from the borg tactical cube (example) :p well, without actually making it a cube. i don't want to muck up this thread by going into too much detail. i think when i have some time, i'll start an ideas, suggestions, and feedback thread. i'll link ya'll when i've got it up.

mypc.jpg

This is just a project I have been working on for fun.

First off I love the case, best one I have ever had!!!

If any one is wondering, The cooler is in the fridge because I have the freezer piece bent down into the cooler with another container in it. The water surrounds the other container and is frozen. solid ice cooling the liquid in the fridge.

Just wanted to see what I could do with a little time still have some stuff to do. Just put the window in the fridge today. I need to dremmel the edges and then put some trim on it. This works awesome and has been a lot of fun to do ;)

yeah the wall paper ;) it was my wifes office. Gotta change that. there isnt any condensation. I was running distilled water and there was condensation on the outside of the tubes so I quickly changed to antifreeze. it is a 25% 75% mix and no condensation.

pcgeek, I like your take on liquid cooling. Do you have any pics of the inside of the fridge?

i can't actually see what it is you're attempting to show us :(

i think what he has done is cut the top of the SATA connectors off, the ones which are on the mobo. This way you can get more access to them. Its hard to get access to them when you have a 8800 GTS or GTX lol :D

I made my own SATA power cable. Look at the picture again.

ahh yeah, i see it now. the guy in "a positive look at the antec 900" did the same thing in order to reverse his drive cage. are those the T-connectors where you just press the wire in then pop the cap on?

Pretty easy to work with. I put the HDD(s) in the cage, then put one of these connectors on each HDD. Next you run the wire, making sure the order is correct! Placing the wire on the connectors after the HDDs have been mounted will give you the correct spacing.

I also used 1/8" black heat-shrink tubing between the wires, to cover the coloring. A foot of it was enough for me.

Hey Skytripa
did that top fan go in real easy?
do you still have the capabilty to add a dvd drive if needed?
or did you have to remvoe the drive assembley?

Pretty easy to work with. I put the HDD(s) in the cage, then put one of these connectors on each HDD. Next you run the wire, making sure the order is correct! Placing the wire on the connectors after the HDDs have been mounted will give you the correct spacing.

I also used 1/8" black heat-shrink tubing between the wires, to cover the coloring. A foot of it was enough for me.

nice. i'm still deciding how/what i want to do with HDDs. those upcoming VelociRaptors look sexy, with their big black heatsinks. if/when the single-platter designs come out, I could definately see picking a couple up for RAID0 and reversing my drive cage to show them off (and ideally mounting the HDDs vertically, somehow).

My first post, so I guess I should post my first rig. I'm in a college dorm. So I sorta have limited space for my stuff. =)

Heres what it looks like on the inside:

And heres what my set up looks like with the lights on:

And with the lights off:

And my peripherals:

I don't think my cable management is too bad considering its an Antec 900 which is known for its bad cable management. I didn't drill any holes in it as well...

==================================♥ ==================================♥ =

Specs:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (Stock)
2. EVGA 750i SLI FTW Motherboard
3. Antec Nine-Hundred Gaming Case
4. Corsair HX-620 PSU
5. Leadtek 8800GT with Zalman Cooler (Gonna go SLI soon)
6. Creative X-Fi Platinum Soundcard
7. 6GB RAM - 2 x 1GB 667Mhz + 2 x 2GB 800Mhz (I know, overkill but I didn't wanna waste my 2gb ram. Its all Value RAM but I'll be upgrading soon)
8. Tuniq Tower 120 LFB (Gonna OC soon)
9. Pioneer DVR-215BK Optical Drive
10. Scythe Kaze Master Fan Controller
11. Dual Green Cold Cathode Lights

My peripherals:

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Deathadder Gaming Mouse
Everglide Titan Gaming Mousepad
Logitech Z-2300 speakers
Logitech Microphone
-On its way- Plantronics Audio 770 Gaming Headphones

==================================♥ ==================================♥ =