Post what speakers you use!!!

Spike said:
Anyone know the best speakers to induce audio nirvana on a $200 budget...was lookin for somthin with 250 wats atleast 500 would be prefreable (i use my machine for everything movies, games, and as a jukebox) 5.1 surround sound would be aite though 7.1 is preferable, im looking to buy an audigy 2 zs ( though im still not sure which one) aswell so soundcard wont be a prob.

Thread hijack? Anyway, for audio nirvana at that price range you're looking at a pair of Grado headphones or small Event studio monitors on sale. Anything else at that price range is just trash.

schapman said:
I am really impressed with the athena set I have. However, for mains I'm thinking of selling my b2s in the front and going for the B1s. The b2's have a 5.25" woofer and I think the 6.5" in the b1s will be better suited for it. I'm also kinda contemplating the F1's now :) But I don't really have anywhere to place them.

Who knows though.. the way I go I'll end up with another c1, new b1s for fronts and a 7.1 receiver :p

Damn my consumerist ways.
The B1's have the 5.25" woofer and the B2's have the 6.5". I used the B1's on my desk for a couple months and really enjoyed them however I rarely used them for movies at that time.

Logitech Z-680 as well. I have loved them since the day I got them. Going from a set of Altec Lansing AS-500 (Wonder if anyone remembers those) it was a well worth it upgrade.

Stinn said:
The B1's have the 5.25" woofer and the B2's have the 6.5". I used the B1's on my desk for a couple months and really enjoyed them however I rarely used them for movies at that time.

woops.. got that backwards :) Guess I'll have to fix the sig. So...... guess I'm wanting b2s for new fronts then :) But man are those F2s sexy lookin.

Since I don't really have enough room in my bedroom for a good surround setup (and I have a living room system anyway), I went with a 2.1 setup.

Fronts are EFE T-22s: Product Literature, Reviews, Pic 1, Pic 2. Yeah, the pics are nasty but will do for now.

Subwoofer is the RAD 12" sub, with an upgraded mahogany stained cherry finish.

Both are hooked up to a Sony AVD-S50ES.

If anyone is interested in a high end 2.1 system (or speakers or a sub), let me know...

for the puter I just have some creative inspire 7700 7.1's.. which for the box is more than enuff.. shit gets plenty loud, sounds very good for the price point, and the sub hits extremely nice.

I don't see the need to go anything beyond that, since games and mp3's aren't terribly demanding.. I was more concerned with good 3d positional audio in my games..

Now, would it be nice to have a better set of speakers? sure why not.. but I liked the ease of using creative's 7.1's on the audigy 2 zs.. If I really wanted to I could hook up my rig to my home theater, but I think it'd be a tad bit overkill.. plus I haven't made the switch to 7.1 yet on my HT, as it would cost me about 2 grand easy (probably more now, since my speakers have been discontinued, so I'd have to buy new rears to make sure they have an equal sound stage)

dont' get me wrong, it would rock if I did it, but for my puter I'm more than happy with the inspire's..

and if anyone is wondering the specs on the HT it is as follows

Marantz SR-19EX Ultra THX Receive (130 watts RMS per channel)
B&W CDM 9NT's for Mains
B&W Nautilus HTM2 for Center
B&W CDM 1NT's for Rears
Velodyne HGS-10 Subwoofer (1250 Watts RMS - 3k Peak)
Sony DVP-9000ES DVD/SACD player
Sony KDP-65XBR 65" HDTV
All cables either monster cables or bettercables silver serpant

If you do the math my system can output 1900 Watts RMS (1250 for Sub, 650 for the rest)..

The system can literally cause you pain if it goes up to loud.. gotta love it.. ;) but it's a crystal clear pain.. LOL :D

Labtec Pulse 424s.

And damn.. Barnaby, B&W Nautilus centres... can I steal those :eek:
Awesome system... you getting Nautilus mains anytime soon?

Logitech Z560's. I have no real need for 5.1 surround. I still love my 560's, they sound great to me.

Creative Inspire 5.1...

*Yeah, I know they suck. I mainly use my headphone setup, PPA+HD650+EMU0404.

schapman said:
woops.. got that backwards :) Guess I'll have to fix the sig. So...... guess I'm wanting b2s for new fronts then :) But man are those F2s sexy lookin.

Yeah, those F2's look sexy and sound great at the same time. I have a set for my fronts in my HT and they are great speakers. I have a set of B2's for the rears and they sound very good as well. As for my comptuer I have a set of Z-680's.

have you seen the movie sling blade? if not....see it, and you'll understand

Nasty_Savage said:
I have the 750's 7.1 driven by an Audigy2 ZS. Great speakers...

Ditto! :D Exact same setup.....it's a challenge finding a way to route wires so they're all neat or hidden.

I used to have the Megaworks 510D's and thought those were good. These gigaworks are a step above even those.

TechHead said:
Labtec Pulse 424s.

And damn.. Barnaby, B&W Nautilus centres... can I steal those :eek:
Awesome system... you getting Nautilus mains anytime soon?

yea, when I sell a kidney! ;)

I was doing an upgrade program for alittle bit thru my AV store, where I had a year to give back my speakers, and put the money I spent on them into better speakers.. think I did it twice, before it got to the point where it would've been like 6 g's to stay in it.. and about this time, I get hit with a layoff, so it didn't happen.. I'm working on getting a house first before I drop more loot on the HT.. I'm happy with where my audio is at right now.. need a new TV next, since I'm selling mine to my roommate..

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (one pair)
M-Audio Revolution 5.1
Yamaha AX-592 stereo amplifier

Beats the crap out of Logitech 5.1 system I had before...

Z.

Altec Lansing FX6021
I just wanted a 2.1 set for my comp. I used to have a Creative dt2500 5.1 set, but decided I didnt want another 5.1 set. The fx6021 set were the best 2.1 set I could find.

Creative 5.1 5300 + 2 10" Subs Banpassed 300W RMS amp + 10" Visonik Sub and 250W RMS Amp

goes pretty loud, loud nuff to make my ears ring and sound reproduction is quite clear too

Klipsch 4.1's, but I think the fuse has given up the ghost, making this set of speakers a dead one :( This is my second set to croak, so I doubt I'll be buying Klipsch for my PC again.

ADA880Rs. Ancient set of 4.1s, but it gives an option to stack the rear two on top of the front two sats. So effectively 2.1

I'm eye'ing a pair of Inspire T3000 for my laptop. Hm.

Blue Knight said:
Ditto! :D Exact same setup.....it's a challenge finding a way to route wires so they're all neat or hidden.

I used to have the Megaworks 510D's and thought those were good. These gigaworks are a step above even those.

I have the exact same setup too. And yeah, they are good.

Altec Lansing 251s, they're 5.1 and sound just fine for my movies and music. Of course, I can't really crank them because I live in a dorm, we'll have to see what happens in my apartment this summer.

Logitech Z-680s and Sennheiser HD 497s on the computer. Good combo.

I use Acoustic Research speakers for my TV. I have 208HO mains, AR Edge surrounds, HO center (I forget the model) and an ARS-500 sub. The sub is nasty. 15'" driver powered by a 500w Bob Carver Sunfire Amp. I love that thing.

Back