Post your 3dmark 05 Nvidia

How come 3dmark05 won't read my core OC? It says 350, when it's supposed to be 430.

I will post when I get home but Liquid cooled- how are you using a maze 4 gpu with a GT? Got any pics?

I'm actually in a weird spot. I've got a prometia, I watercool, I volt mod etc.etc. I'm scared shitless to OC my GT stock! I just got it, I havent used a chunk of aluminum and a fan to cool anything but my nb for a few years now. 70-80C load just doesnt sit right. I could get a silencer but that might not be worth the cost as I wont be satisfied with it for long. I think DD is trying to get us to buy that ridiculously expensive option. No freaking way >$100 for a chunk of copper with a channel milled through it. So nothing earth shattering will come from me for now.

80C Load is just fine. That's my max load, and I've had my GT OCed for almost 3 months now.

However, comparing my score of 5460 to others, I think 3dmarko5 simply doesn't notice the OC but it's defintely there giving me a higher score.

since the Maze4 GPU doesnt have the correct mounting holes for the 6800, i had to modify it. its crooked becuase thats the only way itll fit on the card.
3.jpg

7.jpg

The Batman said:
How come 3dmark05 won't read my core OC? It says 350, when it's supposed to be 430.

I had the same issues with 3Do3, The only way it would read the correct Ovclk is if I dumped out before it was finished!
DL now so I'll let ya know in about 5 days (lol) :D

Liquid_Cooled said:
since the Maze4 GPU doesnt have the correct mounting holes for the 6800, i had to modify it. its crooked becuase thats the only way itll fit on the card.
<snip>

Thanks for the quick response. What did you mod other than putting it on crooked? Any new holes on the block?

You know I've seen eVGA 6800nu's with two sets of hoels, one set being the old distance used on the FX's (just a wee bit closer to the chips) so it would seem no modding would need to be done. Damn pity my eVGA GT does not have this. :( It seems nV could have left the coolers with the same mounting though.... Damn.

Looks like its reading your 2d core speed , hope it uses 3d core speed for test run.

I'm pretty sure it's using the 3d core speed for the final score. 5460 is higher then alot of people with Ultras.

I get 3867 w/ my specs in sig. Is this normal for a stock gt? Seems like all you guys are gettin like 1 or 2 k higher :( I made sure I have aa and af off before I ran it. This is my first Nvidia card so I have a quick question (sry, don't mean to hijack thread) but what does the "Image Settings" thing do by the aa and af slider. On my 9800pro quality set aa and af on, is this the case with the gt? I have aa, af, and v-sync all on "application prefrence" Any ideas?

Hm, go into your ForceWare control panel and set it to High Performence will all opts one. That should help you break into 4000. But yes, your score seems about right for a stock GT.

The Batman said:
Hm, go into your ForceWare control panel and set it to High Performence will all opts one. That should help you break into 4000. But yes, your score seems about right for a stock GT.
Thanks for the quick reply Batman :) I'll bench and report back.

Damn had to help my card off it's knees!
I guess is about right, But ge wizz I just got to 11998 in 03. Oh well time to start climbing the mountain :(

Read my core and mem numbers ok

Okay, with high performance and all opts on I get 3934. So close to 4k that sux :eek: Anyways, what does setting it to "high performance" do that makes it perform better than "quality"? I just might have to start playing with oc'ing my card now.....

v1p3r-386- said:
Okay, with high performance and all opts on I get 3934. So close to 4k that sux :eek: Anyways, what does setting it to "high performance" do that makes it perform better than "quality"? I just might have to start playing with oc'ing my card now.....

The opts are a hell of alot more aggressive. Also it does bilinear instead of trilinear. In games like Call of Duty, Far Cry, and Halo, it'll cause some textures to take on a green hue. I typically play at Quality with opts on.

The Batman said:
The opts are a hell of alot more aggressive. Also it does bilinear instead of trilinear. In games like Call of Duty, Far Cry, and Halo, it'll cause some textures to take on a green hue. I typically play at Quality with opts on.
Cool thanks for the info Batman :cool:

With the 66.70 drivers i picked up 5000 points mmmmm.
now up to 5313 i guess this is still alot like 03, being that peps with better procs are getting about same score.I still like the 01 way of scoring, i feel it better to gauge my computer as a whole.I know this is a video benchmark but i run my game with the cpu and v\c, so i think the 01 way is still a better repersentation of your whole system

Neo Plat w/ 3200+ @ 2530mhz
Memory 1:1 @ 253mhz 3,2,2,5,7,16 (1t)
Evga 6800 Ultra 470mhz/1230mhz w/ Forceware 66.70

WinXP SP2

I don't know about you guys, but I think there is something wrong here?
By comparing to other systems I should be close to 5800 or more?

When I look at my system specs in 3D Mark2k5 it says 240mhz as my memory speed, but Clockgen says 253mhz?

Any Ideas?

Anyone else locking up at the end of the third test? Screen freezes. EVGA 6800 GT, 61.77 drivers, computer never locks or has any issues during multiple hour long gaming sessions, so I am assuming it's 3dMark, but no one else seems to be having issues.

I got the occasional lock up. I think it's from my OC. Since it's almost artifact free in 05 [get minor artifacts in 1 test] and works fine in games I'm not going to touch it.

The Batman said:

With the stock GeForce 6800 GTO (256M GDDR3, 350/900MHz, 12-pipe/5-shader) I got a 3dmark of 3058.

[n00b] Would (could?) I be able to get better performance out of it by setting it to High w/all opts on to? And if so, how would I go about doing that (ie. through control panel???)? [/n00b] :p

Does ram make a difference?
I am running 1 stick of 512mb so its single channel

will 1GB running @ dual channel make a difference?

6800GTOwned said:
With the stock GeForce 6800 GTO (256M GDDR3, 350/900MHz, 12-pipe/5-shader) I got a 3dmark of 3058.

[n00b] Would (could?) I be able to get better performance out of it by setting it to High w/all opts on to? And if so, how would I go about doing that (ie. through control panel???)? [/n00b] :p

Set it to High Performence yes. Goto the control panel, find the Performence and Quality Settings Tab, then move the slider from Quality to High Performence. Now clock on Show Advanced settings and scroll through the opts, making sure they are enabled.

Jawad said:

Does ram make a difference?
I am running 1 stick of 512mb so its single channel

will 1GB running @ dual channel make a difference?

Doesn't look like it. You're getting about the same score as me with a lesser off CPU and a GT that's not quite as high clock wise. You know, this entire synthetic crap is bullshit. 1 gig of ram won't make a difference for it but in gaming it'll make a huge difference. Bah.

Oh, btw, I'm running at Quality settings/default opts on. I hope everyone else with high scores also indicates if they are running at performance or whatnot.

66.70's rule!

Captain Al said:

Specs: 3800+ 2 Gigs DDR400 2-2-2-3/. Geforce 6800GT 400/1100

Your machine should CRUSH mine in performance in 3D Mark. Yet you ended up with a lower score. This is why 3D Mark is crap. You can't trust the damn thing to give you accurate results.

As far as Dual Channel memory goes, on the AMD's it won't make a HUGE difference but it will make a difference in games. As far as 3D Mark I don't know. You can't trust the thing anyway.

The Batman said:
Set it to High Performence yes. Goto the control panel, find the Performence and Quality Settings Tab, then move the slider from Quality to High Performence.

*edit* Nevermind! Found it :D

Anyway, should I update my drivers to? Right now I'm using ver 6.14.10.6178.

3896 w/ 65.76's maybe later 66.70s i will retest! Anybody went from my current ones to 66.70 and got a good jump in performance?

Back