Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

3d05.jpg

I just upgrades my computer to an AMD 64 3700+ (San Diego), ASUS A8N-Sli, 2GB G.Skill Extreme PC3200 ram, eVGA Geforce 7800gt 256mb and got a 7434 score with 3dMark05. I upgraded from an Abit NF7 with XP 2500+Barton, 1GB ram and Gforce FX5900se.

I didn't have 3dmark05 previously to test the old setup but had 3dmark01 and it jumped from 11000 with the 2500+ to 25000 with the new rig. BF2 runs much more smoothly and even exits quick now with the 2gb ram.

I just got this card a few weeks ago. Just now starting to play with OCing it.

larger size click pic.

Setup:
AMD A64 FX-57
PI-A9RX480 MB
1GB OCZ PC3500
Samsung SATAII 200gb
X-Fi Xtreme Music
Sapphire X1800XT PE @ 750/800

HeavyH20 said:
Warrior said:
im very impressed about the new 6800GS... it seems like a awesome card.... i wonder if they continue with the NF3 + 6800= studderings issue does anyone know if its like a new core?
It is a completely different core than the other 6800's. It is basically the 6800 Go chip on a card that uses the 110 nm process like the 7800. That's why they clock so much higher than the GT or even most Ultra cards.
Missed this before. You do realize that the issue is NF3, not NV40, right? Of course, using a different video card helps, a LOT, as is shown by using an ATI card, but, there's still some stuttering in some games.

Nazo said:
Missed this before. You do realize that the issue is NF3, not NV40, right? Of course, using a different video card helps, a LOT, as is shown by using an ATI card, but, there's still some stuttering in some games.

its an NF3 250 issue to be correct i ran a 6800GT on a NF3 150 and ever had stuttering

Or ultra. Yeah, sorry. I just mean that getting a video card with a completely new core doesn't necessarily fix it.

Total noob here. Ran it and got 4956.

Is this good or bad? I have NO idea what any of it means. I have a 3200+, 2g DDR, and 6600GS. Nothing overclocked, or tweaked.

What can i do to make it better?

invalid_ said:
Total noob here. Ran it and got 4956.

Is this good or bad? I have NO idea what any of it means. I have a 3200+, 2g DDR, and 6600GS. Nothing overclocked, or tweaked.

What can i do to make it better?

It is decent. To overclock the video card you can use ATItool(it works with nVidia dispite the name) and use the "find max core" and "find max mem" buttons to figure out the max overclock. The 3200+ is a little trickier to overclock than the video card, but still easy. Follow (cf)eclipse's guide on how to do it.

Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated. :) ATItool wont let me do what you said though. Those two choices are greyd out.

Nazo said:
dude. i know all about the issue I HAVE IT.. but it OLNLY HAPPENS WITH 6800s!.. my pondering was if this new card kept the tradition of studderings... and there is no studderings with ati cards... i know... trustme i tryed it all and.. frankly i hate ati cards so i went with the studderings...

Rudeness aside for a second, what I was trying to say is that it doesn't only happen with 6800s. For example, I have seen someone complain it happened with their 6600. I believe I even once saw someone say their ATI card did it. The only 100% solution to the problem is a different motherboard chipset.

Ok oc'd the card a bit and my new mark is 6141.

I went from 4956 to this. The change I made was my card from 425 mhz to 540. And 1g to 1.23.

Seems stable as well.

Is it unusual to see your score change by say 100-140 points after retrying a few days later? I just recently posted that I had a score of like 6539 or so, I decided to try again with the same settings and now I got a 6689. This has never happened until OCing. When it was stock..it was like 5840 or something all the time. Never changed.

One question (using atitool): is it better to have a higher mem then the core? or even it out? or just try to get the absolute max on both?

There's some natural variance to the whole process, yes. I don't know that I'd expect to see quite so much, but, difference between running programs and etc can cause scores to be somewhat different.

As for speeds, it's not best to have one higher than the other, it's best to have each seperately as high as they go. I've never heard any mention of timing issues if they are desynced, and I never saw any noticable difference from having the video memory run at a speed that's more easily divisible by the core speed.

Too bad about the NF3 issue. I had a 6800GT in the desktop in my sig and it ran for 7 months without a single hitch, maybe it has to do with the mobo manufacturer?

Nope. Shows in different motherboards by different manufacturers for some people, doesn't occur in the same ones for some others. In fact, the same applies to the video cards. Sometimes even just getting the same card from someone else and putting it in a system with the stutters solves the problem. No one has been able to track down a common link exactly yet. It just seems random.

I tinkered with overclocking my 7800GT, and I got this score:

8,136 (clocks set at 490/1180, but reported as 529/1173)

That's over a 1,000-point boost in the 3DMark score (compared to stock)! And my first step towards becoming [H]! (I was previously tiff due to the fact that I stuck with stock clocks for everything.)

9364 7800 GT SLi

This is so low... I don't know why? :-( I have latest drivers, SLi enabled... it's only 2K more than a single card. How dissapointing. *sigh*

Sounds like you have aa and ansio enabled. Set your quality settings to high performance also. You'll want to check vsynch as well.

3dmark 05: 9005
cpu score: 6699

On a single 7800GTX 256mb

not bad, but wait until i get another one! compare

btw, I'm on WinXP x64

7465 on me lappy :D
ORB wont recognize my Go 7800GTX though, bah.
Anyway, that's on my everyday clocks, I'll go for some insane runs later on :D.

7491 with the 81.98 WHQL drivers
AMD Athlon 3500+ @ 2.4ghz
EVGA Geforce 7800GT @465/1.12

Back