C0 920 @ 3.8 ghz ~ this chip is a dog
2 x 295 Co-Ops
6GB 1600 Mushkin

the sad part is, I've been too busy to enjoy it :(

P 7770 Vantage score

CPU 5258
GPU 9241

Windows 7 64 bit.

I guess this is about right for my sig rig.

Meh.. Just ran Vantage for sh*ts and giggles.. Atleast my CPU was rockin!

i7 860 @ 4ghz
SLi XFX GTX 260 Black Edition Cards @ 700 / 1200 / 1475
Gigabyte P55-UD4P

24752.jpg

Seems the CPU scores are based on being a quad and then the overclock. Maybe I'm just reading them wrong. :confused:

yeah except , not sure why my CPU score is actually a fair bit higher than the one above me...considering he's running 4GHZ. Perhaps it's cause he's P55, or perhaps it's windows 7.

Im running an i7 920 @ 4.2 ghz and I am only getting ~33 score on CPU Test 2....

I am getting ~3600 on CPU Test 1

why in the hell are my CPU Test 2 scores SO much lower than those posted above????

(I have HT enabled)

Im running an i7 920 @ 4.2 ghz and I am only getting ~33 score on CPU Test 2....

I am getting ~3600 on CPU Test 1

why in the hell are my CPU Test 2 scores SO much lower than those posted above????

(I have HT enabled)

That's a really high clock. Instability? Are you sure that your cpu is functioning correctly? Do you have any cores disabled in BIOS?

That's a really high clock. Instability? Are you sure that your cpu is functioning correctly? Do you have any cores disabled in BIOS?

no cores diabled.
can run LinX, Prime95 blend all day long and be completely stable. Temps are fine as well (on water)...When I saw the difference in the CPU Test 2 I couldn't believe it.

CPU test 1 screams....gotta be something I am missing

I just tried running the CPU benchmarks in Everest 5.30 and everything is where it should be (on the charts where they compare it with other CPU's)

weird

Through the reviews I've read, I seen them state that above 3.8Ghz core the Core I7, actually lowered scores both ingame and benchmarking.
I've had the impression 3.6ghz-3.8ghz for the chip is the sweet spot.
Windows 7 has improved my score by around 1200pts...but not sure why.

Through the reviews I've read, I seen them state that above 3.8Ghz core the Core I7, actually lowered scores both ingame and benchmarking.
I've had the impression 3.6ghz-3.8ghz for the chip is the sweet spot.
Windows 7 has improved my score by around 1200pts...but not sure why.

What are your memory timings?

It's 3DMark. I would honestly take the CPU score with a grain of salt.

Although, if I was in the same boat, I would be going WTF!?! As well.

Easier to say, than do. ;)

What are your memory timings?

It's 3DMark. I would honestly take the CPU score with a grain of salt.

Although, if I was in the same boat, I would be going WTF!?! As well.

Easier to say, than do. ;)

I totally am with you. Everything else runs fine, and all other benches are where they "should" be. No idea why it doesn't like Vantage. maybe just one of those things???

just a bonus for me..I'm happy. The ram is pretty special though(C7 dominator is expensive though)
reckon this system punches above it's weight in most games.:D

I'm running an i7 920 @ 4.2GHz . . .

Why in the hell are my CPU Test 2 scores SO much lower than those posted above?
What video card are you running? Most of the sky-high CPU scores are attributable to PhysX being enabled on the GPU. Apparently Futuremark interprets physics calculations as a function of the CPU rather than the GPU.

Are these results good? The test was ran on high @ 1680x1050. They seem low to me.
H19028
GPU: 17256
CPU: 45510

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2236/vantage.jpg
Hard to say, really. Your rig is monstrous, but given the PhysX factor, your CPU score is going to be crazytime. I don't think it affects your GPU score, but then again, I don't know what to expect from CF 5870's.

Just as an aside, you also ran a different benchmark from most everyone else in here. I figure you might be aware of this. Our Performance scores (PXXXXX) are higher than your High (HXXXXX) score, because you ran a much more grueling benchmark. If you run a Performance benchmark with no PhysX enabled, it will be much easier to compare. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Here is the performance run.

P26862

GPU: 23625
CPU: 45614
That GPU score looks much better! You'll still have the super-inflated CPU score so long as PhysX is enabled, tho. The way 3DMark handles PhysX is kind of silly to me. Not that any of it matters much, but what's the point of a benchmark if it can't be used as a . . . benchmark? :)

3DMark Score P11959 3DMarks
CPU Score 17364
Graphics Score 10835

i7 920 at stock, 4890 also at stock

p15223

cpu 22254

gpu 13773

Figured I would try out my old cards in and see what I would get.
Changed my 5850 to 4870x2 and a 4870

New scores
p22183
cpu 21909
gpu 22276

Now to stick my 5850 back in and get back to eyefinity :D

Back