Post Your Connection Speed

Moved from my apartment w/ a roommate to a in-law apartment (basement) that my cousin & his wife own:

634413289.png

4434921.png

Can't complain - since it's included in my rent. :D

paying for verizon's 7.1/768k connection
638401048.png

turned it in, they claim all is fine, however if i test really early in the day, say when people are at work speeds are fine XD

Paying for 10/2. Must have complained enough times about them charging me for a modem lease every month when I've been using my own since I began service in July, now it is $39.99 and no fees, taxes etc.

Paying for 10/2. Must have complained enough times about them charging me for a modem lease every month when I've been using my own since I began service in July, now it is $39.99 and no fees, taxes etc.

Actually that is the new 'PowerBoost' thing they've implemented, you only get that speed for a couple of seconds when starting a file downloading. There should of been some marketing BS about it that came with your last bill, or bill before last telling you about it. Supposed to help on video downloading, but Youtube doesn't seem to like it (may be their recent upgrade to 1080P causing troubles, though).

Paying for 5/1 (was 5/.5 -- shows 8 to 10 down at start of download on SpeedTest)
I wish I had your ping. :,(

Last edited:
I will post up the test later when im home but i get a measly 6.4mb down and 400kb up... BT are lame and i can't get Fibre because of the land owner...
It's fine for 3 of us gaming online at the same time however so ok, service is crap and downloading could be quicker.

here is mine.

Road Runner highspeed turbo 22/2
WRT300n v1 router using DDWRT eko v24-13401_NEWD_std-nokaid_nohotspot_nostor

FiOS 15/5 :)

I just moved and finally have access to some decent broadband. This is over wifi, I still have to fish some cat6 to wire this place up.

640124663.png

Let's just say I can't find an accurate bandwidth test for upload.. But I'm pretty sure it's the same up as down

Ok, I just have to brag.
I told the wife I wanted to upgrade our internet connection for Christmas.
I said I want to go from 5/1 to the 10/1.
When she called they talked her into the 20/2.

I'm not going to complain.
Realistically my speeds are about 22-23 and 2.
But the "speedburst" crap skews my speedtest ratings into this;

651066259.png

5572787.png

Oh and it did take some doing, because when the faster service began I could see the 22 down, but when I speed tested it was coming out about 3! Cycled power, refreshed this and that. Still 3. Had to 30/30/30 my DD-WRT router.
Only then were results acceptable.
Now I just want to brag a little. So here I am. :)

Very nice Lower, great that the cable company was able to talk her in to 20/2 instead of the 10/1! :D

Moved in to our apartment complex and told my girlfriend I wanted the 30/5 package for $10 more instead of the 15/2 and she just said go for it.

Now early in the morning and no one is on the pipes but I typically get around 25-30 even in the evenings with higher traffic.

At&t DSL. My plan says up to 1.5Mpbs & 384 kbps up. I cant upgrade since no upgrade is available in my area. I am in Chicago, IL. My friend that lives around 15 minutes away gets 10X faster speeds for the same price (I pay $40 a month, he pays $30)

I really want to get something better but i have a few questions regarding it.

And yes, After 3 years I get what I want. :) (well download atleast.)

Last edited:
Back