Post your coolermaster stacker 830,831,832

After I build my SG03, I think I will build a rig with a CM Stacker. After going to Showdown Lan and saw digital storm's Stacker's, I was amazed at how nice they can look.

img0002sz6.jpg

img0003wx4.jpg

img0002sz6.jpg

That rig was in Maximum PC, they reviewed it! I love how the CM Stackers look but they're so expensive :(

Worth every penny though. I love my cm stacker 832. Nothing like having 8 120mm fans cooling my hardware :cool:

What are the major differences between the 830/832? Is there one thats discernably "better"? Have any of you tried blocking the side panels? As much as I like the mesh look, I would hate the sound spillage. I would honestly like to cut some cork or something to fit and paint it black to stick in there. Ideas?

What are the major differences between the 830/832? Is there one thats discernably "better"? Have any of you tried blocking the side panels? As much as I like the mesh look, I would hate the sound spillage. I would honestly like to cut some cork or something to fit and paint it black to stick in there. Ideas?

I don't really see a big difference between the two, other than the front of the 830 is mesh and the front of the 832 is pretty much closed up except for 2 air vents, but they're just cut-outs in the front.

I don't really see a big difference between the two, other than the front of the 830 is mesh and the front of the 832 is pretty much closed up except for 2 air vents, but they're just cut-outs in the front.

I like the look of the 832 better, cleaner front.

here's a quick shot of mine, more tomorrow when there's better lighting.

stacker_side_flash.jpg

Didn't need it. My temps are excellent with just 2 intakes on the front and 1 exhaust, why add more fans (more power + more noise) when I don't need to? I might put it on to get a fan blowing over the dead spot underneath the GPU though.

looks good
nice pic! I was wondering if you could see through or not...glad to know u can now :D

Confirmed through CM website that the only differences between the 832 and 830 is the front cover. That, and the fact that the 832 is available in black only - no silver.

Didn't need it. My temps are excellent with just 2 intakes on the front and 1 exhaust, why add more fans (more power + more noise) when I don't need to? I might put it on to get a fan blowing over the dead spot underneath the GPU though.

Ya...I guess. But you should add a fan near the GPU like you said, it helps cool it. I have one on my Antec 900 and temps are 49c idle (8800GTS). It kinda sucks that putting an intake fan right above the Zalman's don't help them :s I've tried it and it didn't do anything to help it. It seems the only way it helps is if there's an intake fan right in front of the Zalman blowing cool air into it.

The newer revs of the cases have a new fan tray (the side one), different fan assemblies, water cooling pre-drills on the motherboard tray, vents drilled on the bottom of the motherboard tray, the hard drive cage is all aluminum versus steel, the side panels are a more solid two piece design (with screws for what looks to be a transparent side panel option) and comes with an LED lit hard drive mount for the top fan area (for a RaptorX). Nothing revolutionary, just a few tweaks. Ihave a couple of silver 830s, an 832 and an 830 SE (came with 1 KW PSU). The last one comes with all those revisions.

HeavyH20 - you did some real nice cable management in the Stackers you posted on the last page.

I haven't put too much time into trying to finalize the cables in my generation 3 black 830 but if and when I find the time to get to it, I'd be more than proud to get close to what you did. Would you mind posting (or forwarding privately) more detailed pics of the insides?

Also, what PSU and mobo did you use? Looks like an Enermax and EVGA 680i combo but I couldn't tell for sure. [edit - ahhh, nevermind, confirmed parts in your sig . . . but I thought the Galaxies weren't sleeved to the ends???]

Thx!

Ya...I guess. But you should add a fan near the GPU like you said, it helps cool it. I have one on my Antec 900 and temps are 49c idle (8800GTS). It kinda sucks that putting an intake fan right above the Zalman's don't help them :s I've tried it and it didn't do anything to help it. It seems the only way it helps is if there's an intake fan right in front of the Zalman blowing cool air into it.

Yeah, I put the side rack on with a 120 blowing onto my X-Fi / 8800GTS, working good.
I also just got all my fans onto 5v / 12v switches. At 5 volts all I can hear is my hard drives spinning, I couldn't tell the difference between fans off and fans at 5v. Temps do go up a bit, but not much.

The newer revs of the cases have a new fan tray (the side one), different fan assemblies, water cooling pre-drills on the motherboard tray, vents drilled on the bottom of the motherboard tray, the hard drive cage is all aluminum versus steel, the side panels are a more solid two piece design (with screws for what looks to be a transparent side panel option) and comes with an LED lit hard drive mount for the top fan area (for a RaptorX). Nothing revolutionary, just a few tweaks. Ihave a couple of silver 830s, an 832 and an 830 SE (came with 1 KW PSU). The last one comes with all those revisions.

I have a black 832 and it came with the new side panels it seems, they have screw mounts that the mesh doesn't use. Dunno about the water cooling predrills, but I don't think I got a hard drive rack for the top.

HeavyH20 - you did some real nice cable management in the Stackers you posted on the last page.

I haven't put too much time into trying to finalize the cables in my generation 3 black 830 but if and when I find the time to get to it, I'd be more than proud to get close to what you did. Would you mind posting (or forwarding privately) more detailed pics of the insides?

Also, what PSU and mobo did you use? Looks like an Enermax and EVGA 680i combo but I couldn't tell for sure. [edit - ahhh, nevermind, confirmed parts in your sig . . . but I thought the Galaxies weren't sleeved to the ends???]

Thx!

Thanks! My Galaxy was sleeved to the ends. There may be some build discrepancies from rev to rev. I will have to take some additional pictures, but here is the latest rev. This one is with a CoolerMaster RealPower Pro 1000 Watt. Latest favorite PSU is the Epower Xscale 1000 Watt. I got an extra 200 Mhz on the E6600 with it (4.4 versus 4.2) instead of the Enermax. Systems are always in flux :)

wcfrontcc0.jpg

wcinsideeu5.jpg

sorry for noob question, but what/where can I get that CPU cooling.
slowly building my 830SE also...right now its all cosmetic...no inside stuff yet and I'm really weighing on what will go inside.
I was trying to find a Zalman Fatal1ty Ed 9700NT red LED so I can have reddish coloring inside. Hoping to mod a memory cooler also like OCZ, also in red LED fan
Plus looking for side fans, both quiet and in red LED.
unless HeavyH20 can refer me to his CPU cooler.:D
Considering Coolit Freezone. I'm not much of plumber so building my H20 cooling is out of question.:(
mine still stripped:

It's a Swiftech. Works great. They also now have a dual rad version, the H20-Compact220.

http://www.swiftech.com/

You can pick it up for $120 at NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108100

The 220 was released in December. not sure who has that one, yet. It should be $50 more.

The kits combine a pump into an Apogee GT block and the radiator has the reservoir built in. So, just two pieces to deal with.

Hey heavyH20 how do you have the rad mounted up front? And what is that koolance bayres/pump contraption? I really need to get off of air cooling :(

It's a Swiftech. Works great. They also now have a dual rad version, the H20-Compact220.

http://www.swiftech.com/

You can pick it up for $120 at NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835108100

The 220 was released in December. not sure who has that one, yet. It should be $50 more.

The kits combine a pump into an Apogee GT block and the radiator has the reservoir built in. So, just two pieces to deal with.

How does it do for temps on the C2D?

Hey heavyH20 how do you have the rad mounted up front? And what is that koolance bayres/pump contraption? I really need to get off of air cooling :(

The rad in the front is attached to the hard drive frame. Pop the fan off, mount the rad, and put the fans on the front.

The Koolance is the RP-1000BK. It has the same pump that Swiftech (MCP355) and DangerDen use, a reservoir, variable pump speed adjustment, fan controller, temp probes, ATX power integration and LED display all in one unit. It is a nice clean install option.

How does it do for temps on the C2D?

I run mine for silence, not performance, so high 30's idle, low 50's load. That is with the Q6600 at 3.2 GHz, 1.35V. There is also a dual rad version for $50 more if you want more performance.

Here is mine in the first stage of my mods. I painted the case Candy Red. The inside and accent pieces are sapphire black. The pics don't really do it justice as the lighting was awful. I'll take more pics of when it is completely finished.
I have plans to completely rework my water loop. I have new tubing and red uv coolant that should glow through the side panel. I also have some carbon fiber pieces that I will be putting over the remaining silver areas. I am switching from the apogee drive to a liang d5 variable pump and apogee gtx cpu block, and debating whether to add in a single rad to put inbetween the cpu and gpu (mounted inside the case on the back fan panel).

DSC02867.jpg

This is the second case I've had since I started building my computer. I'm on my 3rd motherboard, 3rd processor, 3rd graphics card, 2nd DVD drive, etc... needless to say I like to upgrade and this is the latest iteration of my system.

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

Specs:
Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830 Black
Mobo: XFX 680i SLI
Proc: Intel Core2Duo E6550
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9500 nVidia Green modded to fit socket LGA 775
GPU: EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked
RAM: Corsair 2x 1GB
DVD burner: Samsung SH-S203N
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gen 1
Mouse: Razer Diamondback
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 206BW 20" Widescreen

$149 bucks for the Stacker 832 now at directron :D

At that price i think next week i will be ordering my new case.

Yeah, back of the mobo tray. Only bad thing is the windowon the other side ... you can see the cable mess! Im going to route them batter on the back so they at least look somewhat organized.

My Black Stacker 830. I've cleaned it up a bit and swapped out my video card since the last time I posted. Now I'm running Twin EVGA 9600 GT Superclocked Editions in SLi on an XFX 680i SLi motherboard with an Intel Core2 Duo E6550 Overclocked to 3.15 GHz and 2 GB of Corsair XMS2 RAM. I have 5 120mm fans cooling this rig off. Yes, those are 2 fans on the bottom of the case, I had to chop up the black mes a little to uncover the holes, but there were already 4 holes perfectly placed for fans down there, I don't know why CM didn't advertise this fact more... there is actually room for 11 fans in this case! But I don't need that many (I'm not using the 4 fan door, for one thing). My OC'd CPU idles at around 35°C and the Video Cards get to about 55°-65°C under load. I got a 3DMark06 score of 13872 and I can run Unreal Tournament 3 at max settings with 60 frames per second, that's plenty fast for me. Still don't have Crysis yet, probably won't get it for awhile.... besides I have to "upgrade" to Vista before I can touch DX10 anyways....

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Would you guys agree that this case is the best choice for an all air build ?

Would you guys agree that this case is the best choice for an all air build ?

It's definitely got the best airflow of any case I've ever used. as it comes stock you can put 9 fans on it, you don't even need that many.

Keeps my rig nice and cool.

has anyone ever installed their HD backwards, to hide the SATA/Powercable, in the HD cage? any drilling for extra screw holes involve?:confused:

has anyone ever installed their HD backwards, to hide the SATA/Powercable, in the HD cage? any drilling for extra screw holes involve?:confused:

if you wanted to you could easily mount the entire HDD cage backwards and swap the fan orientation without any trouble. Cable hiding in this case is hard though, with the see-thru mesh on both sides.

Back