Post your Corsair Obsidian 800D Pics here!

K guys, I currently have a storm scout, but I want to upgrade to a 5970 gpu in the future. So I know the card wont fit in my case. There is nothing I love more than to own one of these cases. I love the cable management, that is huge for me.

I think Im going to make the leap next month and buy one. Maybe even get a Corsair H50 on my CPU.
After looking at all these PCs it just makes me want to buy the case even more.

BTW how are the stock fans in the case? Are they quite loud and can they be controlled with a fan controller?

Stock fans are damn near silent. Roommate just built up a new i7 system with this chassis, powered it on, and I went "is that on?". Amazed me.

K guys, I currently have a storm scout, but I want to upgrade to a 5970 gpu in the future. So I know the card wont fit in my case. There is nothing I love more than to own one of these cases. I love the cable management, that is huge for me.

I think Im going to make the leap next month and buy one. Maybe even get a Corsair H50 on my CPU.

BTW how are the stock fans in the case? Are they quite loud and can they be controlled with a fan controller?

Fan controller is unnecessary as they are completely silent. They also don't move much air though.

Just got the case tonight. Got a bit lazy with the cabling when it was almost put together and yes I know the H50 is rotated funky :eek:

IMG_1386.jpg

I officially regret not getting this case for my build. Of course, it's never too late, and it gives me an excuse to pull everything out and tinker some more. :)

stupid pic is inverted but nonetheless you can see a very clean build

Just got the case tonight. Got a bit lazy with the cabling when it was almost put together and yes I know the H50 is rotated funky :eek:

IMG_1386.jpg

nice build clean up your cables some with about 10 min of work you can hide most of them :p

^^ lol yeah I'll clean em up next weekend. It was getting late when I moved everything over and I was already super tired from work :D Case was super easy to work in though.

Indeed get the H50. It keeps my Q9550 @3.6 a nice chilly 36c at idle.
As for the fans? Chuck em out. I bought two XIGMATEK 140mm fans like these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233031
And 4 120mm like these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233015
You will thank yourself.

Greatest case ever. Just toss the fans.

Pretty much done except for replacing all the fitting/clamps with Bitspower compression and angle fittings.
Think black fittings would look better with the black tubing and silver with the red, or go the opposite and put silver on the black and black on the red?

img0641a.jpg

img0647sl.jpg

Still working on this, seems my printer only works well with colors when using photo paper. Tried sticker paper and red looks like orangy-pink, and this pic is with magnetic paper but it looks f'd up as you can see. Will try it with a normal color printer at work tomorrow.

Stock:
img0648cj.jpg

Mod:
img0662.jpg

Here is my Corsair Obsidian 800D build. My only "Mod" was having to remove the 140mm fan from the PSU section so I could cut a hole and run the tubing directly down into the top of the MCP655 pump. It was the only way I could run both pumps in the case and I had no other way. So I cut a hole in the mesh, addded a rubber grommet to push the tube through and so it would not get cut on the opening I created and there you have it.

More views of "Frank" can be seen here:
http://img717.imageshack.us/g/frank005102.jpg/

frankexplained.jpg

frank002.jpg

frank006008.jpg

frank005102.jpg

frank005095.jpg

frank005080.jpg

frank005068.jpg

frank005045.jpg

frank005042.jpg

frank005037.jpg

frank005007.jpg

I never thought I would see someone fill an entire 800D. Well done sir!
Could you post a diagram of your dual loops, I see you have a few spliters in there.

I'm working on a 800D WC set up myself but it'll be only CPU + 1 GPU. I like what you did with the 2x140 Rad on the back, if I ever have the $$$ to get a multi-GPU set up going I'd probably go the same route.

Are you going to leave the 975 at stock speeds?

How does it fold? I'm not going to ask if it play Crysis.

I never thought I would see someone fill an entire 800D. Well done sir!
Could you post a diagram of your dual loops, I see you have a few spliters in there.

I'm working on a 800D WC set up myself but it'll be only CPU + 1 GPU. I like what you did with the 2x140 Rad on the back, if I ever have the $$$ to get a multi-GPU set up going I'd probably go the same route.

Are you going to leave the 975 at stock speeds?

How does it fold? I'm not going to ask if it play Crysis.

Thanks - I was pretty surprised myself when I filled that case. It is a big case and I ran out of room with all this tubing and pumps.

Yeah it plays Crysis, actually it pounds Crysis well. I run everything on VERY HIGH (Enthusiast in Warhead), 1920x1080, and 16xQ AA (Yes, I did put the Q there on purpose). I get 45+ FPS smooth. It will jump to 80FPS+ at times but I have yet to see it below a 38FPS - even in the Ice stages in Warhead. After 1 hour of playing either game I show a 45C on the GPU's and a 50-54c on the CPU. Temps are great IMO.

I do not do folding, so I cannot tell you what it does there.

I do plan on Overclocking everything which is why I went W/C on everything. Knowing what I know now, I should have spent the $$ on Phase change gear, but oh well it is pretty and works fine for what I do daily. This was my first water cool build so I wanted to go all out and have fun with it which I did. I hope to hit somewhere north of 40k on Vantage and 4.5Ghz+ on the CPU if all goes as planned.

Here are the loop drawings you asked for.
loops.png

Wow that was a quick response. Are you having any problems with different flow rates when the CPU loop splits?

Have fun with Crysis!

Actually I am using a MCP655 pump with the CPU loop and I mislabeled that on the flow drawing. That pump does really well for the split loop and though I do not have a flow meter on the system, it appears to be working just fine. All temps are at or below 35c in that loop so I assume things are flowing as required.

Yeah, each time I upgrade, Crysis is like a whole new game - come on Crysis 2 - Frank is ready for ya!

Last edited:
I finally got the fan controllers in and installed, so now I can show the front of "Frank" instead of just the up close shots like above. So here are a few external front shots. I was glad that the Saitek Eclipse II has the ability to go red, it allowed me to keep using it with this build as my last one was a blue theme. The fan controllers show blue when in low speed mode - basically the machine is silent in this mode. I was suprised though that I still keep respectable temps (it only jumps 5c for normal use) and then when I want to game or start playing with overclocking, I can put the fans on high. When on high the LED's glow red and the fan noise is noticable - actually it sounds like a blower kicking in - constantly, but it does work well by keeping it cool under load so I am happy with that. I can live with the fan noise for gaming because the Razer headphones drown it out.

Here are the final spec's of what "Frank" consists of:
SYSTEM COMPONENTS:
• Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
• EVGA X58 Classified Overclockers 3-Way SLI+PhysX
• Core i7 975 Extreme 3.33Ghz
• Mushkin PC2000 Redline DDR3 3x2GB Triple Channel Kit
• XFX GTX285 GPU x3 in 3-Way SLI
• XFX GTX285 GPU Dedicated PhysX
• X-Fi Titanium Professional PCI-Exp-1 Sound Card
• Mushkin 64GB SSD x2 in RAID 0 (Boot Drive)
• Dual Boot Set-up (Windows Vista 64 Business/Windows 7 64 Ultimate)
• Western Digital 300GB VelociRaptors x2 in RAID 0 (2x 300GB partitioned for Programs for each OS)
• Western Digital 1TB 7,200 RPM Caviar Black (Storage)
• Hitachi 1TB 7,200 SATA HDD (Storage)
• Asus DVD R/W
• Pioneer BD player / DVD CD-ROM R/W
• 7n1 Card Reader w/Floppy Drive
• Lamptron Fan-Atic 5-Port Military Switch Baybus x2
• Silverstone SST-ST1500 1500W PSU
• Asus VE245 24” 3ms GTG 1920x1080 Monitor
• Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
• Wacom Intous3 PTZ-630 Tablet
• Logitech z-5300e 280w THX 5.1 Sound system
• Razer Lachesis 4000dpi Mouse
• Razer ExactMat w/Wrist Pad
• Razer Barracuda 5.1 Headset

CPU – NB/SB – MOSFET COOLING LOOP
• Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Block
• Enzotech EVX58 NB/SB Classified Waterblock
• Enzotech EVX58 Mosfet Classified Waterblock
• Swiftech MCP655 pump
• Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80
• TFC Double 240 X-Changer Radiator
• 120mm 19db/97CFM x4 Fans (2 Push/2 Pull)
• PrimoChill Red/Clear ½”ID ¾”OD Tubing
• Bitspower True Silver G1/4 High Flow ½” Barb BP-SLWP-C01 x17
• Bitspower Triple Rotary Mini Snake BSMSR3D x2
• Bitspower “Q” G1/4 360 Connector x2
• Enzotech 90 Degree Rotary Fitting x3
• Danger Den Clear Acrylic “L” G1/4 Fitting x1
• RedLine Super Cool with Wetter Water De-ionized Coolant
• PrimoChill Blood Red Dye Bomb

GPU COOLING LOOP
• Swiftech MCP355 Pump
• XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC 200ml
• Heatkiller GPU-X2 GTX285 Water blocks x4
• BlackIce X-Flow Stealth GTS 360 Radiator
• 120mm 67CFM/19db w/Red LED x 6 (3 Push/3 Pull) Fans
• Bitspower G 1/4" Black Sparkle 90 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter x4
• Enzotech 90 Degree Rotary Fitting G 1/4 Thread - 1/2" ID Barb x5
• Bitspower Triple Rotary Mini Snake BSMSR3D x4
• Bitspower Rotary Fitting "L" - 90 Degree - Black Sparkle Finish x8
• Bitspower True Silver G1/4 High Flow ½” Barb BP-SLWP-C01 x19
• PrimoChill Red/Clear ½”ID ¾”OD Tubing
• RedLine Super Cool with Wetter Water De-ionized Coolant
• PrimoChill Blood Red Dye Bomb

Last edited:
The1stCAV, Holy shit. Holy, holy shit that looks awesome.

And Haz, awesome black and blue case. Rarely see that color combo.

Thanks Crash250f and Fantasysage!

I finally completed my build. Added some more goodies and cleaned up the back.

Enjoy!

HazChem02.jpg

HazChem04.jpg

HazChem05.jpg

HazChem06.jpg

HazChem07.jpg

HazChem08.jpg

HazChem09.jpg

HazChem10.jpg

HazChem03.jpg

HazChem01.jpg

HazChem11.jpg

Bitchin rig Haz! I am about to do some work on my 800D. Putting new Mobo, proc, and
ram in. Gonna try and mod my H50 with some clear tubing and a drive bay reservoir.

New board, Corei7 930 @4.0Ghz, and 12 gigs Corsair DDR3 1600
Gonna clean up the power and pci wiring this weekend. Also gonna
mod the H50 with clear tubing and a drive bay reservoir

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

Enjoy!

HazChem02.jpg

HazChem04.jpg

HazChem05.jpg

HazChem06.jpg

HazChem07.jpg

HazChem08.jpg

HazChem09.jpg

HazChem10.jpg

HazChem03.jpg

HazChem01.jpg

HazChem11.jpg

How much did the build cost? I am literally drooling over your work.

The Imperial Guard is there to keep my kids away!

Thanks usesoap! Your rig has a clean simple look. I like it!

updawg: I'm afraid to total it all up. I bought the stuff over the course of 9 months... :eek:

Enjoy!

HazChem02.jpg

The sheer beauty :cool: You may have actually given me a reason to get an 800D and I am not even a fan of the case :D

Looks very nice, great job!

Did some sheathing. Turned out pretty good for my first time. May redo it in all blue and black, and replace those butt ugly orange fans with something blue or black.

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

The1stCAV, i'm speechless.
TY TY TY
You do know they make SLI connectors right? so many 90Deg elbows... lol
Yeah I found that out AFTER I spent a fortune on connectors - oh well, I like all the chrome and red anyway and still keep the cards at or below 45c under load, so it works as well as looks prettier than a straight black card to card plastic connector for those water blocks. Not as clean and perfect as Haz's Blue/Black build, but visually stimulating IMO.
The1stCAV, Holy shit. Holy, holy shit that looks awesome..
TY TY TY - it is still cause of contention within my marriage - my wife will not come into my office because she is still mad at me over this build that went from a budget upgrade to a full out extreme build before I knew it. Ended up spending about $3k more than I planned on, so it will take a while for this one to settle down.

And Haz, awesome black and blue case. Rarely see that color combo
Oh man I got to agree - that is a CLEAN build, his wiring on the backside is sick, that I am still having issues with is cleaning up all the cables on the backside and not having that back panel bow out in the middle - well done Haz - well done!

Damn you guys, you made me bite and pick up one of these cases. The power cables on my HX850 are kind of stiff so I can't get the cabling as nice as you guys have it :( Still MUCH nicer than my previous case though.

I am about to order some more sleeving and redo my PSU. Gonna chop out all of the unused cables. Should make for a much cleaner look. I am proud of my first attempt at sleeving. But I now know I can
do much better.

Here is how I ended up setting me system up. I tried a variety of fan arrangements and this seems to be the best one. Also, my 3 fans along the top are not very good (~900 rpm) so I assume I could get even better performance with better fans.

I included arrows to show intake/exhaust fans.

img0325yp.jpg

Matt_Rapp - It's a BP logo that was thrown in with an order. Just a bit of eye candy!

The1stCAV - Thanks! The back was a pain to do but I couldn't stand the bulge either.

blairellis - NJHC is right on! The blue connector is for the front headphone/mike ports on the case.

Keep posting rocking 800D builds!

Interesting. Just never seen one like that before. I guess I am just used to all of the Sound Blaster open pcb type. I'm assuming that one came with your mobo?

Back