Post your Corsair Obsidian 800D Pics here!

Here is mine. There is still some upgrades that need to be done. Here it is for now.
4747306040_939cf3b55b_b.jpg

4746662871_9edb6f6fa9_b.jpg

4747304492_46bde6eeee_b.jpg

4747302826_4e6d384b51_b.jpg

4746663151_dd442ab3ee_b.jpg

$60 processor, $50 mobo inside a $300 case with a $450 gpu. I don't get it! Looks nice though, good job!

I do have upgrade plans. I just pulled the motherboard and CPU from another build and just got the Asus Matrix 5870 since it was the only most expensive piece to my upgrade. I has the case for a while now. Just didn't use it until now. In about a month I plan on changing over the board to a Asus Rampage EIII and a I7 930 with 6GB of Corsair Dominators.

iTravis, was your PSU not plugged in when you took the picture? I don't see anything coming out of that PSU lol.

They're all plugged in alright, I just took the pix at an angle from above so you won't see them. Plus, I only use 2 connectors and kinda push them together to make it looks neat. :D

Here is mine. There is still some upgrades that need to be done. Here it is for now.

Looks great, now time to upgrade that baby.

Hey guys. How is the air flow for this case? I won't be using water cooling any time soon, and I notice there is no real GPU cooling option unless I drill a hole in the side cover, and the amount of money i'll be spending on this will hurt my heart if I do that. Thoughts? Would I be better off saving 40 bucks and getting a 700D? GPU cooling is pretty important to me, I run Crossfire in every system i've built.

Last edited:
Hey guys. How is the air flow for this case? I won't be using water cooling any time soon, and I notice there is no real GPU cooling option unless I drill a hole in the side cover, and the amount of money i'll be spending on this will hurt my heart if I do that. Thoughts? Would I be better off saving 40 bucks and getting a 700D? GPU cooling is pretty important to me, I run Crossfire in every system i've built.

Airflow is ridiculously good in this case. I would advise ANYBODY purchase this case. Your GPUs won't overheat in this thing. You can do like i did prior to water-cooling and install a fan that blows air towards your GPUs.

I didn't realize I had my camera set to 640x480. And I sure as hell ain't lugging that
hernia box back to the shop today so these will have to do.

LMFAO I know exactly what you mean! I lugged my computer back and forth to work for about 7 days straight. By the 7th day I had gained 22 pounds in pure muscle. Thanks Obsidian 800d ;)

Airflow is ridiculously good in this case. I would advise ANYBODY purchase this case. Your GPUs won't overheat in this thing. You can do like i did prior to water-cooling and install a fan that blows air towards your GPUs.

How did you install a fan that did that? I have read a lot of reviews and lots of people are saying it's lacking in air cooling. They are saying that it doesnt have enough intake, and the exhaust turns basically into an intake, because of no pressure from the back.

I also am leaning towards the 700D. It's noticeably cheaper and I'm on a budget.
I can't help decide between this and the Lian Li PC-A70F. I like the air cooling in the case, as it's all aluminum. Thoughts on the subject? thanks for the help

The case is made for watercooling but can be sufficient for air cooling.
get the 700D if you don't need the hot swappable hard drive bays or the fancy see threw window on the side panel. I currently have no watercooling and my components stay fairly cool. Use a decent aftermarket cpu cooler, and replace the fans that come with the case with ones that push more air. I currently use 2 140mm Coolmax fans and 3 120mm Apevia fans connected to a fan controller and I have really good airflow.

wallmart sells a small fan to cool your GPUs like this.
4791810767_4cf9629199.jpg

haha nice. how are powering that fan?
Just by a normal AC wall plug. The fan pushes quite a bit of air and it doesn't get warm.
Helps the GPU suck in more cool air. Those Matrix's get hot. so much for 20% cooler.

How did you install a fan that did that? I have read a lot of reviews and lots of people are saying it's lacking in air cooling. They are saying that it doesnt have enough intake, and the exhaust turns basically into an intake, because of no pressure from the back.

I also am leaning towards the 700D. It's noticeably cheaper and I'm on a budget.
I can't help decide between this and the Lian Li PC-A70F. I like the air cooling in the case, as it's all aluminum. Thoughts on the subject? thanks for the help

The airflow is alright, definitely not ridiculous good and as others said it's meant for water cooling than air cooling. Overall it ain't that bad as I still find lot of hot air is being stuck in the case, and I would recommend placing it on a desk rather than on the carpet itself.
As for the 700D I don't know if it's worth saving $40-$50 over the 800D due to the lack of a side window, I would care less about the hot swap bay but if you purchase this kind of case, might as well consider one with a side window so you can look at your expensive gears in action. :D

^^^^Thanks.

I wonder what type of tubing I should go with. Black seems to be the choice for now.
I don't like how red tubing looks and don't want to add colored coolant.
Does any one know where I can find quality Clear or Black tubing that's UV RED?

Not sure if I wanna get the red ones or wait for the blue ones. Red does look freaking sweat though.

Would be cool if they made the sata cables like that, Sleeved.

^^^^Thanks.

I wonder what type of tubing I should go with. Black seems to be the choice for now.
I don't like how red tubing looks and don't want to add colored coolant.
Does any one know where I can find quality Clear or Black tubing that's UV RED?

Unfortunately I don't think Black or White tubing with UV red exists, I've been looking for either or for a while now.

What do you guys think would look good?
Black/Blue/Red theme, Black/Blue, or Black/Red.
I am so indecisive on this.

I plan on replacing all my tubing to Tygon Black in 6 months. Only reason went with clear is I had 6ft of R3603 left over. I prefer to run distilled water with petra nuke.

I have a question regarding that full mobo waterblock. Is it standard to use the thermals pads included with such things, or is it as viable to use thermal paste for them?

I only ask because with things like the vregs and such there are often components blocking certain depths, and the thermal pads are thicker than thermal paste, so maybe they wouldn't get solid contact without thermal pads.....?

Here is mine until I get my 5970 block installed on Wednesday.

AX1200 PSU
2010-08-06_21-01-27_148.jpg

Bitspower X-Station
2010-08-07_11-51-04_936.jpg

Close-Up of Interior
2010-08-06_21-01-42_702.jpg

Is that connector on back the Bitspower X-Station Power-Extension II - Male Version?

How good does it work and any problems w/ it and the side panel?

Is that connector on back the Bitspower X-Station Power-Extension II - Male Version?

How good does it work and any problems w/ it and the side panel?

It is the male version. It is very nice and fits perfectly behind the CD rack. It has 4 x 5v, 4 x 7v, and 4 x 12v. I use 8 fans on the 4 12v plugs with a fan splitter. It is super bright though. That's why it is behind everything.

Back