Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

Here's some pictures of my Humanscale M7 setup with risers that enable it to control the height... Very versatile and high quality! (they're also for sale by the way... :rolleyes:)

photo_m7_desk_darm.jpg

3956989474_1cb7e850ea_o.jpg

3956989858_110fec04e0_o.jpg

3956989820_b6584c68e7_o.jpg

3956989772_5d4203bc21_o.jpg

3956989622_190cbb3fab_o.jpg

3956989574_6ae965faca_o.jpg

meh, in first image with monitors seems like that right arm is sagging a bit. Dont know about the looks either, just doesnt seem as "clean" looking to me.

i like thos M7's because its nice how u can move each one higher or lower on there own. in case you have two screens that are different sizes. they would work great for me.

Trying to score one from M3, myself.. Got two monitors taking up far too much room on my desk.

Remember pg16, i built a dual monitor mount, i found this to be to high and unstable, so i took it away and modifed it, i took 4" off it to bring it down and made the monitors more straight.

So here it goes :p

IMG00561-20091011-1920.jpg

Just checked monoprice and they are back in stock... To bad I am completely broke right now or I would have put in my order already.

i`m thinking of ordering one off monoprice but does anyone know how big of a lip you need on your desk for the clamp to be secure? i want to make sure my desk will reach all the way to the back of the clamp before ordering

I've been looking into getting a dual monitor arm for my 22" acers. I fell in love with the ergotron side-by-side after viewing this video
http://blogs.ergotron.com/blog/2009/03/02/put-your-screens-where-you-want-them/

However, these monitor arms listed here are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper (the ergotron is about $225 shipped on newegg) but I want to know if they function the same way the ergotron does, or if they are much more static and difficult to move in all directions. Do they have the same range of motion or are your choices more limited?

Do they have the same range of motion or are your choices more limited?

I'm quite close to pulling the trigger on the Ergotron myself. The best deal I found was on provantage. They're in silver (which I prefer).

I'll admit to being envious of the price that some have gotten their mounts at but the Ergotron does it for me. The idea that I can just move 'em off the desk entirely is hot stuff. I don't think you're going to find the same flexibility with cheaper models.

That ergotron is definitely very nice, however the price is a major factor. Looking at it the main selling point is that fact that 1) it is mostly toolless, no having to adjust a ton of screws, and 2) you can independently adjust each arms height without any fuss.... Those are two VERY NICE selling points, however for me at $200+ for that thing is hard to swallow. Now for work, seeing as I am not paying for it, I would definitely go with that setup, for home, meh... it would be a hard pill to swallow.

Here's some pictures of my Humanscale M7 setup with risers that enable it to control the height... Very versatile and high quality! (they're also for sale by the way... :rolleyes:)

3956989772_5d4203bc21_o.jpg

3956989574_6ae965faca_o.jpg

I'm just LOVING this setup! Are the monitors setup so that you can use both for one computer or one for each computer just by changing inputs?

I love computer gaming and I think this would be a fantastic way to play computer games with friends!

thats a really good question! interested in knowing this also.

BTW it looks awesome!

Anyone have any pics of the monoprice arm?

so much for impulse purchases...

i bought this off monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5560&seq=1&format=2

and i am not too happy with the overall design... i'll let the photos do the talking
IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

so the main issue is that the base is TOO NARROW, it is roughly 2" and unless 2 monitors are installed, the entire assembly will lean over to one side...

the bottom is held by 2 screws with no base plate, so they dig right into my cheapo ikea MDF table... and again the screws are inline with the base on the top of the table, ie, vertical and not horizontal, and the weight cannot be evenly distributed

the swivel brackets for each arm look good on paper... and that's about it
also i noticed there is already some rust on a few of those screws
the main clamp that attaches to the pole is held by 4 small screws (1 thread was jacked up so i had to bust out the 'ol tap and die set...)
adjusting the level with 2 monitors installed will be a 2-person job...

i bought this to open up some desktop real estate, but this POS is going back to monoprice

at least i get a full refund on this thing

Too bad... Monoprice usually does a great job. The eBay/Geeks.com/CPUTopia mounts are much better.

Too bad... Monoprice usually does a great job. The eBay/Geeks.com/CPUTopia mounts are much better.

i agree, especially with the design of the base itself...

i bought this one from monoprice since the reviews there sounded good enough (no negatives), but oh well

funny thing, the whole setup (montiors/arm assembly) SHAKE as i type this post

Wow.... so the Monoprice one is a piece.... Check out Tyke Supply on Amazon or the net. They have something that looks very, very similar to the Geeks.com/Ebay one. Double the price of the monoprice one but seems like the extra money is worth it.....

I've see several dual 24" setups that look great. I've recently gotten two 25.5" ASUS monitors. They are only 17 lbs. each. I would love to go with one of the CPUtopia mounts but I want to make sure there is enough room for them side to side. I have both monitors pushed together and I measured from the center of the VESA mount an the distance is 24". What do you guys think? I've seen the question asked about the 28" Hanns G's and the consensus is no dice on those.

Ive used both the geeks mount, and the noted mono price mount.

I used the desk attachment for a short period when I ran the geeks mount, seemed okay. I since had made a solid oak block that screws into the wall, which a piece of galvanized pipe is mounted into.

If anyone wants pics I can toss some up

I currently have the monoprice arms holding up two 23" lcds and have no problem so far with them.

I had to switch because I lost the small link for one of the geeks arms, and they wouldn't hold my lcds far enough apart.

The geeks mount is still trucking along in another room.

I have a few other mounts from monoprice around the house and haven't had issues with any.

I've see several dual 24" setups that look great. I've recently gotten two 25.5" ASUS monitors. They are only 17 lbs. each. I would love to go with one of the CPUtopia mounts but I want to make sure there is enough room for them side to side. I have both monitors pushed together and I measured from the center of the VESA mount an the distance is 24". What do you guys think? I've seen the question asked about the 28" Hanns G's and the consensus is no dice on those.

From the center of the mounting pole to the middle of the last joint (which would match up with the middle of the VESA mount) is 14".

I'm very happy with my dual arm, but I just upgraded to a 32" HDTV for my main monitor. I'm interested in creating a 200x200 mount to connect to the 100x100 mount. The TV is only 21.6 pounds without the stand (4.4 pounds), and it's rated to hold 22 pounds on each arm. My desk has a raised section on it that the bottom of the TV could be rested on as well (as I'm not sure I fully trust that 22 pound rating).

Anyone seen a 100x100 to 200x200 adapter? I'm not sure how good a job I'd do making one.

Also, my crappy Dell 1504FP has a 75x75 VESA mounting pattern. However, it's recessed into the housing, and the factory stand has a thick plastic back that is then flush with the monitor housing. Because of the recess, the arm's 100x100 mounting plate wouldn't fit. I had to buy spacers to go between the plate and the monitor and longer screws to reach through to the monitor.

DellLCDSpacers.jpg

You can see the white nylon spacer there. The mount is pretty much flush with the back of the monitor, while the spacer sits against the recessed mounting area. If anyone else runs into this, the spacers are 3/8 x .171 x 1/4 (ODxIDxH), Lowe's #136935. I used M4-.7 x 20mm bolts, Lowe's #138425. I probably could've gone with shorter ones, but these work ok. Make sure you get the right length for your own monitor - you don't want them to screw through the LCD panel or something.

Spacers - $1.12
Screws - $1.36
Finally getting the other monitor off my desk - priceless

where do you guys get these from, whats a good website for them at a good price, i want 1 with 2 arms, 1 where i can swing that how ever i want and have them at 2 different levels if i want.

I been looking at this 1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=Ergotron_LX_mounting-_-24-994-007-_-Product

do they sell just an arm alone for when i want to put dual displays, or am i going to just have to by a 2nd one?

i also found these that just come with 2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gotron_LX_Dual_LCD_Arm-_-24-994-040-_-Product

update, i ended up ordering that 2nd link it should be here by friday ill post pics as soon as i got it up.

Last edited:
where do you guys get these from, whats a good website for them at a good price, i want 1 with 2 arms, 1 where i can swing that how ever i want and have them at 2 different levels if i want.

I been looking at this 1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=Ergotron_LX_mounting-_-24-994-007-_-Product

do they sell just an arm alone for when i want to put dual displays, or am i going to just have to by a 2nd one?

i also found these that just come with 2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gotron_LX_Dual_LCD_Arm-_-24-994-040-_-Product

update, i ended up ordering that 2nd link it should be here by friday ill post pics as soon as i got it up.

Those are nice and I have one in my Amazon wish list.. hate to break it to you but you could have saved about $30-$50 by ordering from Amazon as they were showing this weekend for $199 (no tax for me and super saver is free). Wish I had the money to pick it up but oh well.

yea i ended up getting from amazon didnt post the exact link since i had the newegg one up there. i got it for 213 or something like that, i saw it was cheaper than newegg and jumped on it. my only concern is now my desk is glass, and then has a piece of wood sticking up. I hope the clamp can go over that.

Gosh I want one of those side-by-side Ergotrons so bad... there is a video review linked from the Ergotron website that really make them seem like a end-all-be-all solution

Gosh I want one of those side-by-side Ergotrons so bad... there is a video review linked from the Ergotron website that really make them seem like a end-all-be-all solution

Yea i just grabbed my junk and said lets do this, it will benefit me in the long run i will forever use those when i get monitors. seem very very handy.

Wow, what a surprise im getting my package a day early, that has never ever happened before :) im excited. Maybe i will have pics up sooner than i thought

Back