Post your fastest internet speed!

Wow, after upgrading to 8.0mb/512k cable from Qwests 1.5/896 DSL, I'll never go back!! Today I reached new milestone in my download history. I broke the 1.0Mb mark and beyond!!! Amazingly it keep this speed halfway through the download until it bounced between 900kbs and 800kps. And I wasn't even on a subscriber line!

omgspeed8qj.jpg

My fiber line is getting stalled tommorow.. ill be back

DO I HEAR 30Mbps down and 5Mbps UP?

YeOldeStonecat said:
At the office! :D
uh, hey man... bite me.

I think I connected at 53.7kbps once...

edit: just to clarify, I'm just giving YeOldie hell. :p

Where I grew up in San Diego (Cox west), we had 3000/256, which was upped to 4000/512 last year for the same price ($44.99) (and unfortuneatly, even with the increased speed, latency started dropping and has remained much lower than it used to be)

Here in New Jersey with Optimum Online (Cablevision), in 2004-2005 I had 10Mbit/2Mbit, and actually got very close to those for $29.99

Suddenly the line speed dropped to 9Mbit/1Mbit and is nowhere near as good... and theres nothing I can do about it.

attatched are the speeds accordingly. Cox, then Optimum, and finally my speed test from my work, the On-Campus computer lab at Rutgers University (internet2) :D

Cox%20upgrade.JPG

Optimum%2010-2.JPG

speed.JPG

Finally got my new gateway working. I'd post a pic, but I"m lazy. Here's the average speeds: 12330kbps down, 1891kbps up.

Not too bad. I'm just waiting for the 30mbit FiOs to get here....

0ldman said:
uh, hey man... bite me.

I think I connected at 53.7kbps once...

edit: just to clarify, I'm just giving YeOldie hell. :p

:D

I'm only 6200/360 at home. That's just the office....an old screenshot (observant people will notice the age of the pic based on the Folding console version) At that time my office was on an unmetered 20 meg chunk of OC3.

At the house I get 8mb down and 756k up with comcast. At work I am getting a 10mb up and 10mb down metro ethernet connection installed. I think it will be finished this week. The ISP trucks where there on Friday.

Cox new service..
14985 down 1 up :D Very sweet...
I was the first in the area to get it, install day was hitting 19xxx

YeOldeStonecat said:
Dang...I got bumped!
:(

Yours was still on an OC-3. Now, the thing I really wanted to test was when I was on a tour of a Charter Headend. They had an OC-3 for backup to the OC-192 that connected them to the main Headend for Southern California. I should be getting a tour of that place, guy said they had dozens of OC-192's, OC-48's, and OC-3's down there.

I decided to clock in on my Vista Beta 2 download speeds from Microsoft/Akamai...

diagrams_0606_taz_vista2dl02.png

~40mbit/sec isn't bad. Especially considering that only 100mbit/sec of my University's 2.2gbps pipe is used to serve all of the campus residences. Then again it is summer, and the network completely chokes in the afternoons during the regular school year...

I'd like to give this a shot on my 100mbit/sec FTTH connection in Japan, but since I'm in the states that likely won't happen...

LittleMe said:
They had an OC-3 for backup to the OC-192 that connected them to the main Headend for Southern California. I should be getting a tour of that place, guy said they had dozens of OC-192's, OC-48's, and OC-3's down there.

That's give me a veritable sequoia trees worth of wood.

I'm not even going to post a screenshot of my bandwidth test... it'd take too long to upload it over dialup.

Thats ok tho, if I had high speed I wouldn't be starting my own WISP service.

Supposed to be 15/2 RoadRunner. I'm very fortunate to have this connection at home methinks.

6198/343 from Washington DC's Speakeasy test site at home.

Not my fastest.... but decent for home. Just waiting for FiOS. ;)

Orinthical said:
6198/343 from Washington DC's Speakeasy test site at home.

Not my fastest.... but decent for home. Just waiting for FiOS. ;)

At work... 91045kbps down to DC, upload isn't working to the DC site right now for some reason.

While it's not quite as fast as some of the others here, the connection is what's important:

mccarranspeedtest9xh.jpg

This I felt was important to post because it's a WiFi connection I had on several occasions at McCarran International Airport here in Las Vegas. In 2005 they installed what is considered to be (even now almost a year later) one of the largest and most efficient mesh WiFi networks on the planet. Believe me, sometimes I get on a bus and head out to the airport just to use that connection if I need to download something large like an ISO or two of some Linux distro or whatever.

I wish I had that kind of connection here at home. I'd pay a decent amount of money for it, but Cox here in Las Vegas is still lagging behind with the 5/256 packages. Back home in Virginia they had just upgraded to the 15/2 and 5/2 packages; I had a chance to use the 5/2 for a few weeks and I miss that speed.

Currently I'm using WiFi and I'm on the fringe of the coverage area. Just bought a Buffalo 11g high power card with an external antenna connector and I hope to build a paperclip Yagi soon to give me a more solid connection. I get an average of 50-70KB/s when the connection is working, but most of the time it sits on Low or Very Low signal strength.

Still, for a WiFi connection that pic above shows the fastest speed I've ever seen anywhere in my travels, and I've never heard of anyone posting anything that high for WiFi. Makes me wish I was like Tom Hank's character Viktor Navorsky in the movie "The Terminal" - wonder if they'd notice me living between the cracks at that airport. :D

bb

internetspeed.jpg

Orbitel communications. Advertised as 5MB download. No upload rating posted.

I'm really diggin Comcasts new PowerBoost...a few weeks ago was steady in the 25,000 down range...this week it's steady in the 60,000 and even hit over 70,000 a few times. Just took this a few minutes ago.

comcastboost.JPG

somewhere I have a netstat-live screenshot where I have a consistant 10mbps connection for 8 solid hours.....

Burst is fine, lets see some "Distance" :D

dwilson041781 said:
u forgot to tell us what u have, and why not do a UPdated test?

Its my universities (Illinois state) OC-48 line. I would do an updated speed test but I'm home for the summer. I didn't put that info down because its not really an apples to apples comparison when its technically not my line

Back