Post Your Mac Setup!

I'm moving towards mac now. Here's my setup...

a 24" iMac and 15" macbook pro.

1.jpg

I've got a HT75, or used to use it anyway, awesome monitors. Those things are bright as hell, only annoying thing is the switch-input button on the actual monitor itself takes ages to switch between them all.

I've never used the ones on the tv until you mentioned it and its much slower than the remote. However it's still far quicker than my lg lcd tv, and the remote has buttons for each mode rather than having to step through each every time! That used to drive me up the wall.

was gonna use the digicam, but i cant find the stupid cord :) iphone instead, not much light but i love how i can tuck the MB away under the LCD.

edit: found it!

anyone who is wondering, thats an HP w2207

Finally have the macbook set up to about the way I want it. Everything transfered and installed besides XP and the programs that go along with that OS.

Here she is!

15b1f64e7c9859c2535444d9b6c0c5d6.jpg

e331eaf402983035cd2248f471f1ee38.jpg

Imac 24" 2.16ghz C2D
macbook (black) C2D
Nec 20WMGX2 (Sliver) IPS
Sharp 32" LC32GP1U
Samsung 225bw
Powerbook 17" 1.67ghz
Powerbook 15" 1.5ghz

messyvp0.jpg

Seems like a bit of a waste to me really; I mean what earthly reason could you possibly have for 3 laptops, all running the same OS?

img9176ic8.jpg

MacBook 13" on a Dell 1905FP. Just put in 4GB of Crucial (2GB x2) - works great. Gonna have to get a film cover for the top, bottom and palm rest's and a case for it.

The thing to the right is a Lexicon Omega to output the audio via S/PDIF to JBL LSR4328p's.

Seems like a bit of a waste to me really; I mean what earthly reason could you possibly have for 3 laptops, all running the same OS?

Probably because he likes them. I have 3 computers running XP. 2 laptops and a desktop. The more the better.

Fibroptikl: Damn, those JBLs look like they're about to rip that desk in two. No replacement for displacement, I guess. Nice. :cool:

Fibroptikl: Damn, those JBLs look like they're about to rip that desk in two. No replacement for displacement, I guess. Nice. :cool:
Thanks.

The speakers are held up pretty good by those shelves though - I check the shelves from time to make sure everything is screwed in tight, and so far so good.

I finally made the switch! Also, I just picked up the Soyo 24" from OfficeMax on Black Friday, so I just had to show it hooked up to my new MacBook. You can see the MCE remote for the Windows MCE machine that's hooked up as well for dvr, gaming, and lots of storage. I just use Synergy to share the keyboard and mouse.

mac%20setup.jpg

I bought a Powermac 7200/120MHz/160MB/4GB with mouse / keyboard / other stuff for $11 :cool: (+$5 for MacVideo -> VGA from monoprice). I used to have a 75MHz Performa on System 7 and I felt like messing with one again. Not to mention $11 to play Power Pete, otherwise known as the best game of all time, is way more than worth it! Pictures when I get it.

sorry for being slightly off-topic here, but those with the new apple wireless keyboards, how do you like them?

are they easy to use/adjust to?

key response and such is good?

anybody using them w/ windows? id like to get one possibly for christmas, but I won't have a mac 'til a few months prior to starting college.

TIA

I'm using the Apple BT keyboard and it works pretty nice. the initial setup was a snap. just press and hold the power button on the right hand side for roughly15 seconds and it goes in to pairing mode. you then tell your laptop to find the keyboard and it does the rest.

Just moved..new setup:

2062169021_f070b2ca3d_b.jpg

I currently don't have an interface for the Yamaha's, so they aren't even hooked up (had an mbox2 but sold it). Thinking of getting a MOTU interface pretty soon.

REALLY NICE. I just bought it today, but I finished revising 2 essays with it. Gives a very good feel and bouncy keys to match. If only Apple made the keys in silver too I would be even happier. I'm still not used to the delete key yet though. I don't know why since the key board is the exact same size as the MBP, maybe its cause the key board has those gaps.

**On a side-note, I thought it was bad typing with your palms placed so low??

Just moved..new setup:

2062169021_f070b2ca3d_b.jpg

I currently don't have an interface for the Yamaha's, so they aren't even hooked up (had an mbox2 but sold it). Thinking of getting a MOTU interface pretty soon.
Dude that desk is awesome.. what is it?

Eden man you bug the shit out of me. You can't keep yourself from commenting on everything you see. I was just thinking how lame that two page rant on mac rumors was and then I see this. Get a life.

Let him be, if he believes he has better than let him think so.

I thought the entire point of using an external keyboard with a laptop was so that you could have a full-size keyboard with a decent key travel, or so that you could position the laptop further away/higher up from you?

Having an external keyboard does more than just allow your laptop to be further away. Mine is just like his, but for me (maybe for him) unless I am on the go I prefer not having to reach over my laptop to type. Also, he has a wireless keyboard so he has a very mobile keyboard solution, and he may have just placed it in the picture like that so we could see what he has. I will say that about many of the pictures on this (and other) forums people setup things so they look nice or are cleaner, that may be what he does but he also may have moved and set things like that so he could get it all in one picture.

Let me clarify, I have a 22" LCD waiting for me to pick up and I love wireless, if you haven't noticed.. Basically I do photo editing and web design. Its better for my eyes I don't need to squint when editing 3000ish x 2000ish photos...

I could swear I posted this before, but I can't find the post anywhere. Here's my year old 17" MBP and a 24" Dell.

large.jpg

Man I have to admit Macbook pro's are like to most beautiful laptops out there so sexy and stylish!!!

What guitars are those lurking in the background?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom (my favorite pick up and play guitar), and a Martin D15 Mahogany that needs to be repaired, neck is slightly warped from low humidity here :( Also not pictured I have an Ibanez RG320, Ibanez Acoustic/electric, and Yamaha Classical

Dude that desk is awesome.. what is it?

Ikea Galant 63" Beechwood finish. You can get the top piece in 3 different sizes and I believe there are 2 or 3 different styles of legs. The top comes in 4 different finishes, and you can piece it together how you want...pretty cool system if you ask me.

Ikea Galant 63" Beechwood finish. You can get the top piece in 3 different sizes and I believe there are 2 or 3 different styles of legs. The top comes in 4 different finishes, and you can piece it together how you want...pretty cool system if you ask me.

I knew that looked slightly familiar :D

That looks really cosy. :p

Behind me is a recliner and in the corner, to the right of the recliner is a huge beanbag chair.

I've got just about all the shit I had in my old studio apt in this room.

Once I get a new wireless keyboard, I'll be set.

I've got to get the dell 700m reformatted and then give that to my sister. But I won't do that until I get XP loaded onto the macbook set up with AutoCAD so I can work with it on my 32" HDTV.

And don't mind how dirty it is....I haven't dusted it since I moved it around.

setupmh8.jpg

Month-old Macbook Pro 2.2 and my brand new Apple Keyboard I bought today. :)
My temp setup till my BenQ LCD comes back from being repaired.

Back