Post your "rate my cables" here

Drachne said:
Here are some shots from different angles and the last one is where it sits with everything turned on.
anhvm

anhw4

anhwj

anhww

Its a thermaltake case, but I painted the inside and mounted the ccfl switches on the front so it isnt as bad as some of their cases.

I tried photobucket but they wont let you register after 2pm so I used a site they said to use...hope it works.
:eek: :eek:
BLUE AND ORANGE??!??!!?!!! THOSE ARE MY COLORS!!!!

:p

wayne said:
:eek: :eek:
BLUE AND ORANGE??!??!!?!!! THOSE ARE MY COLORS!!!!

:p

They were MY colors first. I had mine painted before you posted asking what to do with your paint.

sigh... well be4 any1 claims this to be theirs... mine is blue and alien green (bright green) :p :D

Drachne said:
They were MY colors first. I had mine painted before you posted asking what to do with your paint.
umm, no

planning to paint my case blue and orange wasnt my first coloration

i dress in orange, blue, and black... a lotta my things are in bright orange.. ppl remember me cus i wear orange... orange bag, orange shoes, orange shirts, even orange tooth brush
lotsa other stuff too, i cant remember

o well, i was playing, sheesh

Drachne said:
Here are some shots from different angles and the last one is where it sits with everything turned on.
http://tinypic.com/anhvm[IMG]

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/anhw4[IMG]

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/anhwj[IMG]

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/anhww[IMG]

][/QUOTE]

If you had a hole in the backplate where the ide and power wires came off the board, you could run them behind and make it look really sharp.

m-unit said:
If you had a hole in the backplate where the ide and power wires came off the board, you could run them behind and make it look really sharp.

I would have done that, but I was trying to keep costs as low as possible and buying a dremel or a metal hole saw of that size would have been going over my limit. I only spent 30 bucks total so I thought I did pretty good.

umm drachne, is that a p4? you ahve 2 channels of DDR there both pieces of your ram are running in one channel... thats a problemmmmooooooooo./..

i think?

Main Target said:
umm drachne, is that a p4? you ahve 2 channels of DDR there both pieces of your ram are running in one channel... thats a problemmmmooooooooo./..

i think?

That came up in another thread and the problem is that user guide for my mobo said to set the ram up that way, but when I used CPU-Z it said that they were in single mode. So I moved one of the sticks and now they are working in Dual mode.

Cornelius: I will try a different host...

Drachne said:
That came up in another thread and the problem is that user guide for my mobo said to set the ram up that way, but when I used CPU-Z it said that they were in single mode. So I moved one of the sticks and now they are working in Dual mode.

Cornelius: I will try a different host...

Thx, I'll be awaiting the pics.......but.......why in God's name would the book say to set it up in single channel? That doesn't really make a lot of sense.....but I guess I've seen weirder stuff b4. :p

Ok...I used a different host. The pics are in my original post. Tell me if they still dont work.

Also, in response to your last post cornelius...I am not sure why they put it in their but it wouldn't be the first problem I have had with this mobo.

Drachne said:
Ok...I used a different host. The pics are in my original post. Tell me if they still dont work.

Good stuff, got 'em now. Even though I hate those Xaser cases with a firey passion it still does look fairly decent. It's funny though, the memory just looks so out of place like that, I'm not surprised that it was the first thing to come up. :p

Congrats on ALmost making me like a Tt case. ;)

carlos seo said:

that rounded ide cable that shoots from the motherboard to your second cd drive...how long is that? i have about the same distance and im wondering if a 10" will make it. or if i should go with 12" to be sure

Black Label said:
that rounded ide cable that shoots from the motherboard to your second cd drive...how long is that? i have about the same distance and im wondering if a 10" will make it. or if i should go with 12" to be sure

It's 45 cm long. Akasa makes 45 cm and 60 cm rounded cables.

I have just sold these cables. I found out that ribbon cables are much easier to hide.

carlos seo said:
I have just sold these cables. I found out that ribbon cables are much easier to hide.

That's what I keep telling ppl....but so few actually catch on and ditch those store bought rounded cables. :( ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
That's what I keep telling ppl....but so few actually catch on and ditch those store bought rounded cables. :( ;)
i always used ribbon cables but when i need a rounded cable, i make em :D

wiring5.jpg

when I had the a7n8x

wiring7.jpg

ic7-max3 with stock cooler

wiring8.jpg

could be better, but Im not complaining

ChrisB99, I see that you're using 80mm Evercool fans for your front intakes.....does that mean that you didn't experience any difficulties using the Lian-Li pushpins.....or did you use the screws the fans came with. I'm going to be getting my entire exterior/interior painted black, and the Evercool's are going to be a nice contrast, but I've had enough "fun" trying to mount my 120mm Aluminum to know to check ahead this time.

cornelious0_0 said:
ChrisB99, I see that you're using 80mm Evercool fans for your front intakes.....does that mean that you didn't experience any difficulties using the Lian-Li pushpins.....or did you use the screws the fans came with. I'm going to be getting my entire exterior/interior painted black, and the Evercool's are going to be a nice contrast, but I've had enough "fun" trying to mount my 120mm Aluminum to know to check ahead this time.
I used the screws that came with the fans

Here is a shot of my cabling before i started my current project on this computer.
003x.jpg

this forward shot below shows everything that i have to power in my computer, 12 fans.... all controlled by the fan controller in the front of the computer (yes even the ones at the back of the computer), 3 hard drives to power, 2 cd-roms and 1 Audigy 2 Platinum Drive.
001x.jpg

here is my secret to powering all my fans to 1 fan controller. a custom made Fan Power Multi-Tap.
fan%20power%20splitter.jpg

its not quite this clean right now, but i have a lot more work to do and i have also have 2 more added hard drives to my 3 pictured here totaling 5. if i finish anytime soon ill post the updated setup.

I don't have a "before" shot, since I routed the cables this way when I built it, but I might as well show it off anyway :p :

1089957242264_1087989656334_Lanboy_guts.JPG

i want some rounded cables that don't suck. I.E. the tapered parts don't move around, and the tubing doesn't fold over.

elite.mafia said:
cd drive bays, wires coming out of cd drives, the OTHER side... hard drive wires, and zoom in to where the sata cables, usb, firewire and all those other things are.
I can't really get the camera into some of the tighter places, but here ya go:

PA103298.JPG

PA103302.JPG

PA103314.JPG

PA103317.JPG

-Anomie- said:
I don't have a "before" shot, since I routed the cables this way when I built it, but I might as well show it off anyway :p :

1089957242264_1087989656334_Lanboy_guts.JPG

Anyone know what case this is?

Nice wiring BTW... :cool:

IceWeasel said:
Before:

Computer Pics 002.jpg

Since yesterday:

Computer Pics 011.jpg
wow... very nice improvement

if u wanna push it even more, u can spiral loom the sata cable with the video power cable.. and maybe switch to flat ribbon ide cables so u can tuck those?

just my two cents

That case is the Lian-Li PC1000 (in black)... and i did spiral loom the video cable, just forgot to get a new pic of it!

Thanks on the compliments fellas, I did some more mods to it this weekend! but i'll post those in the mods forum later

IceWeasel said:
That case is the Lian-Li PC1000 (in black)... and i did spiral loom the video cable, just forgot to get a new pic of it!

Thanks on the compliments fellas, I did some more mods to it this weekend! but i'll post those in the mods forum later

Yeppers, nice wiring improvement for sure.....still a few things that I'd like to clean up.....but you made some real advancements there. :D In addition to having the video power cable zip tied/loom'd to the SATA cables you could also take that IDE cable going to your cdrom and tuck it behind the drive cage, instead of inside of it.....that'd help things out a bit also.

TopDog said:
how handy, an internal floppy.

Heh, it's not a bad idea if you rarely use it (like once every couple months to flash a BIOS maybe, at best) and would rather keep it out of sight or not have it taking up an external bay. Kinda ingenious if you ask me, I could do the same thing with my case (space to spare) but never thought of it, I've just got the thing tucked away in a drawer.

yeah, we thought it was a fun idea, but i may take it a step further and mod part of my case to allow it to be used without the side being off :D we shall see ... :)

IceWeasel said:
yeah, we thought it was a fun idea, but i may take it a step further and mod part of my case to allow it to be used without the side being off :D we shall see ... :)

OMG bro, that would be sooo cool, you have to do it. I'd also like to do something similar with my floppy drive, but I got no space without making a bracket for the drive.

Keep it coming. I am in the process of upgrading my watercooling parts. It's nice to see the new and improved ways of hiding and displaying the cables.

xfoureyedgeek said:
Keep it coming. I am in the process of upgrading my watercooling parts. It's nice to see the new and improved ways of hiding and displaying the cables.

Hehe, I hope you're getting rid of that BIX. ;)

I'll be sure to get pics posted up once the Lian-Li gets painted and I've got the water cooling installed, and again after I get the NeoPower and I get everything sleeved.....now I'm thinking of UV sleeving instead of black so that it stands out in the pitch black interior. :p

Back