Post your "rate my cables" here

Impulse said:
Some of you need to learn to cut the repetitive space-hogging images from quoted posts and/or use PMs... :cool:

w0rd....and SOME of us need to figure out that you dont' ALWAYS have to post for the sake of posting.....but with the tunes cranked I can "understand" how there's not always a lot to do. :p

pal8045.jpg

alpha pal8045 for socket A, with a sunon 39 CFM 80mm fan 3 pin, set to pull air out of the heatsink, modded with black wires.. I sharpie-d the heads of the fan screws, put electric tape over the fan shroud (basic aluminum piece), covered the fan label with electric tape, and heatshrinked small lengths of the cable at set spaces to hold it together. This is step one of a project that will probably last a year or more. I am not sure about the name... maybe KISS or something to do with Black.

man it was so much easier to fit all that stuff in the smaller lian li because of the bar across the top

wiring10.jpg

the reason for the upgrade was that I couldn't fit my water cooling gear in there
pc75-2.jpg

I just got the case today Ill post more pics when I get a chance to do it up right

Hehe, please do......how come your X-Connect wires are kinda curly? :p

I've never had one of the things....do they do that when they're new still?

cornelious0_0 said:
Hehe, please do......how come your X-Connect wires are kinda curly? :p

I've never had one of the things....do they do that when they're new still?

had one left over when I first got the psu, so I coiled it up and left a zip tie on it, pure boredom :D

I got trolled trying to get the videocard, thankfully I didn't lose anything on the deal. I got cold feet when he wouldn't supplya shipping number and conveniently lost his cable internet and college wan didnt work (supposedly, yah right) for 3 days straight at the same time. there was a lot more... find it in the tips tricks trolls of FS/FT if you are interested.

Basically, I'm going to keep the monitor.

what do you all think of my HSF? did I do a good job? this is a 'rate my cables' I dunno, maybe Im going a bit overboard but I think the all black cables on this fan will look good when all is said and done, right?

maybe you should make a post with all your problems in OC and cooling, where more enthusiats look, not saying that they dont check this, but afterall it is a cabling thread.

Main Target said:
maybe you should make a post with all your problems in OC and cooling, where more enthusiats look, not saying that they dont check this, but afterall it is a cabling thread.

Just what I was thinkin'.....better your chances of finding some help that way.

Because I just wanted to know what you thought about how it looked to everyone? :confused: I know how good this HSF cools...

LadyJaqie said:
Because I just wanted to know what you thought about how it looked to everyone? :confused: I know how good this HSF cools...
not trying to be an ass, but personally I think it looks pretty boring
I mean it just looks like a normal stock heat sink that someone spray painted and wrapped black tape around the wires :confused:

and yes, this is OT for this thread unless you're asking about the wires on your heatsink

I am asking about the wires, everything including them. and thanks, I was going for boring, just black, I dont like showing off the HS. this is the HS's default color cept for the sleeve around the top and the label.

the main thing I wanted to kn ow about was how the wiring was, if rewiring like this would be good for the rest of my project. it's cheaper then getting braided sheathing... and all I get is ''go somewhere else'' :(

Dont pay him any attention Lady, he's just jealous that ur nailpolish selection is better than his :p

Nice work so far ChrisB99, but you've still got some work to do, and most likely some case cutting to get things tidied up in that towering behemoth. ;) :)

What fan controller is that Chris? I agree with Cornelious although it looks better then most cases.

<-- Too ashamed to post pics of his.

CrimandEvil said:
What fan controller is that Chris? I agree with Cornelious although it looks better then most cases.

<-- Too ashamed to post pics of his.

Looks like the knobs could have just been modded into the drive cover...I've seen that done before. But that also means that there's someone out there selling the exact same thing (for shame) so I can't really remember. ;)

OK, this is not my computer, it's one for a client.

Sooo here are non-cabling pics.

Check out that beasty scratch up. I'm a n00b. Guess I get to paint this one.

Ok here's the cabling.
dsc011478gm.jpg

and yes, i know about that cpu fan power cord

DSC01142.jpg

More images available on request.

Thanks to www.imageshack.us for hosting teh pics.

hey what kind of tape is that? ive tried electrical and duct, but they fall off after a while. the only tape ive found that works is thermal tape that is made for you heatsink. came with a cpu sensor

Well, since we're posting "client" machines, here's the system I built my parents for Christmas... taken part for part from one of Anandtech's Budget System Guides. Super quiet. :cool:

GregsComputer.jpg

RateMyCables2.jpg

Those cables won't budge now! :p

Stellar said:
Well, since we're posting "client" machines, here's the system I built my parents for Christmas... taken part for part from one of Anandtech's Budget System Guides. Super quiet. :cool:

[IM]http://www.tarleton.edu/students/st_bostick/GregsComputer.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://www.tarleton.edu/students/st_bostick/RateMyCables2.jpg[/IMG]

Those cables won't budge now! :p

no intake fan?

thats crap for cooling....why ownder it's so quiet....
mine sounds lieka jet engine but it is 28*C idle and 35*C full load and thats an AMD barton OCed at 2.4ghz (voltage at 1.75)

ray4389 said:
thats crap for cooling....why ownder it's so quiet....
mine sounds lieka jet engine but it is 28*C idle and 35*C full load and thats an AMD barton OCed at 2.4ghz (voltage at 1.75)

Errr, it's a Sempron 2400+.... and that's a 2000RPM 12cm fan sitting behind it pulling ~60cfm of exhaust... MORE than enough for that system. In fact IIRC it idled around 32c and they don't do much more than browse the web and type up letters with it.

Besides the intake bracket in that case is for a measely 8cm fan... intake fans are generally less effective at cooling a system even when 2 8cms are employed, 1 on a budget system would just be silly.

Stellar said:
Errr, it's a Sempron 2400+.... and that's a 2000RPM 12cm fan sitting behind it pulling ~60cfm of exhaust... MORE than enough for that system. In fact IIRC it idled around 32c and they don't do much more than browse the web and type up letters with it.

Besides the intake bracket in that case is for a measely 8cm fan... intake fans are generally less effective at cooling a system even when 2 8cms are employed, 1 on a budget system would just be silly.

Good call, sounds like they really don't have a need for the intake.....it's just our nature to jump all over stuff like that. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Good call, sounds like they really don't have a need for the intake.....it's just our nature to jump all over stuff like that. :)

Definitely.. which is why I put up with two somewhat louder 12cm fans in my *unmentionable* current case to keep the temps nice and low. :rolleyes: ;)

However, when I get the chance to build a quiet system I go for it. In fact I would've liked to keep that machine around as a Linux browsing box or a server for myself. :( Solid little machine for only $400.

Dudeyourlame said:
why arent you running dual channel mode there dude? .. or is that the cheaper non dual channel one

Could be, either he messed up.....or it's the A7N8X-X...which doesn't have dual channel....but doesn't really make much sense to buy....as its not THAT much cheaper then the A7N8X or even X Deluxe to justify losing dual channel IMO.

cornelious0_0 said:
Could be, either he messed up.....or it's the A7N8X-X...which doesn't have dual channel....but doesn't really make much sense to buy....as its not THAT much cheaper then the A7N8X or even X Deluxe to justify losing dual channel IMO.

WOW that was a fat reply lol ... yea ive been noticing all the nubs posting thier comp pictures in the case mod gallery.. and alot have a baord which can do dual channel ram..... .. am i the only one that reads the motherbaord manual here? lol

DRJ1014 said:
sorry about the pictures. its from my camera phone

pic2028jpg109vk.jpg

Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

How the fuck do you expect people to rate your cables with this picture. There was no point in posting it.

Dudeyourlame said:
why arent you running dual channel mode there dude? .. or is that the cheaper non dual channel one

edit: hey LOOK im a limp gawd!! :D

My motherbaord supports dual-chanel but eveyrtime i boot it up that way i get an error...
It says int he manual that you can only have liek 8 memory modules on your ram stick or sumthin...
It worked when I underclocked it though.

ray4389 said:
BTW this was the first computer I''ve built.

You should get a vantec stealthing kit and stealth those wires ... u can make them shorter too when stealthing them then you won't have to spin them around like that .. ;)

SocceRich20 said:
Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

How the fuck do you expect people to rate your cables with this picture. There was no point in posting it.
...... i posted the first one for the rate. that one is just with the power on.

Not all the posts in here are pictures of cables. there are a lot of pictures of the front of cases. you might want to take a chill pill. if you get a high by bashing someone on the internet...well i guess i completed your day then.

Back