Post your "rate my cables" here

looks pretty nice, you did a decent job making them look alright(or im getting a little pansy in my criticism)..... make the sleeving tighter.. hide the ide cables, and use a blue cathode and hide it and its wires

ryuji said:
looks pretty nice, you did a decent job making them look alright(or im getting a little pansy in my criticism)..... make the sleeving tighter.. hide the ide cables, and use a blue cathode and hide it and its wires

Good advise all around...thx for being hear to lend a hand when I'm busy with other things bro.

Luckily, it shouldn't be too long now before I've got a new system up and running, can't wait to get going with a system worthy of some wire management. :cool:

ill eventualy be getting a p180 since im stuck with mounting my rad external either way... its the only case i really like other then the one i got... but leaving a empty void where the heatercore once was would be too barren... if you want a hint of how that would look.... you may remember this photo...
24427fefb71fd0.jpg

Holy crap ryuji...no kidding...barren is an understatement.

Can't wait to pickup a new LiLi and get going on some wire management again...I've been out of the game for WAY too long. :p

dont think the managment gets any more hardcore then that... but when i did it that good it just didnt look right.... the water cooling busy'd it up enough... it ended up like that because each time i would clean somthing up, somthing else would show up...

ryuji said:
dont think the managment gets any more hardcore then that... but when i did it that good it just didnt look right.... the water cooling busy'd it up enough... it ended up like that because each time i would clean somthing up, somthing else would show up...

yeah, i hear ya. It does look a little strange compared to how it was before. It's always nice to have everything hidden away...but I'll agree with you in the fact that it does look a lot nicer with the h2O taking up that empty space.

2440fa9a03bff5.jpg
probably the last photo of the wire managment in this case that i got... if you feel that it gives it any justice you can update the [h]ard rate my cables link with it

never did take photos of the memory v-mod... ahwell

Well now that I finally got around to doing some kind of wire management I'll finally post in here. =P So heres the story...I'll post some of the pics I took when i first got this pc built about a year and a half ago, and mind you me and a friend did it, not just me. So the cables were a real mess. I finally got around to doing some management last week and did a little more earlier. Yeah I know it took awhile for me to get into gear, but its been bugging me long enough. And also, this is my first wire management attempt, and I think it turned out pretty good, especially for all the wires I have in there.

First off...hardware:
P4 3.2 GHz Northwood
ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
2 GB Corsair XMS RAM
6800GT AGP w/ Silencer
WD 200 GB HDD
1 ASUS DVD-ROM
1 Optorite DVD-RW
5 chassis fans, 1 cpu fan, all connected to a fan controller, and 4 of the 5 are spliced
All in a mid tower Thermaltake Skull case with a 480 watt Thermaltake PSU

Ok now to the pics

Before:

pc27im.jpg

comp6qu.jpg

And the after:

wires33fp.jpg

wires19uo.jpg

wires22tj.jpg

wires57qp.jpg

And that about wraps it up. I know its still pretty bad but I'm pretty satisfied with it, especially for my first go at it. Thanks for looking!

I hope everyone can see the pics now..I've been having some people see them while others cant..

Not bad at all p0intblank, but still a lot left to do. Thx for the pics.

ryuji, I'll get the Wiring database updated in the next day or so...thx for the pic, nice work.

Not bad for a first try, I can think of a few ways to make the wires completley disappear, but seeing as your a beginner I wont bash on you too hard :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Not bad at all p0intblank, but still a lot left to do. Thx for the pics.

ryuji, I'll get the Wiring database updated in the next day or so...thx for the pic, nice work.
Yeah I know, I dont know what else I can do with all those bulk wires, especially from the power supply and all the wires from the fans to the fan controller. Thanks though, like I said I'm still pretty satisfied with it so far, especially compared to before lol.

New Case and PSU means time for new wiring. :)
The powerstream does bring out the fingerprints.

EDIT: Dumb imageshack...my pics disappeared...reuploaded

dolphumous said:
New Case and PSU means time for new wiring. :)
The powerstream does bring out the fingerprints.

Yeah I plan on building a new computer soon, so I guess I can get a new case and psu and transfer the rest that I have now and then put the new stuff in as I get it. I was thinking about the Enermax Liberty or one of the OCZs.

very very very very VERY nicely done. like its basically 99.9% and if you so desired you could do additional (optional) things like:

-- black sleeving the cables, connectors, etc

-- black sound dampening matting

then everything will really camoflauge/dissapear. not necessary but its beautiful

Nice to see constant praise coming through from a variety of forum members...although I'm getting the feeling that some people are a little more lenient on judging some of these wiring jobs then ryuji and myself. :p

dchrsf said:
very nice!!

eh... *shrugs shoulders*

What's with the IDE cable going way out in the middle of nowhere there? Even if there was still some slack, it'd look far cleaner if it was just coming up the right edge of the mobo. That's killing it IMO.

Not a spectacular wiring job, but one of the nicer I've seen in that chassis. Some of my friends have it and they did such a horrible job...nice to see someone actually put in the effort.

cornelious0_0 said:
eh... *shrugs shoulders*

What's with the IDE cable going way out in the middle of nowhere there? Even if there was still some slack, it'd look far cleaner if it was just coming up the right edge of the mobo. That's killing it IMO.

Not a spectacular wiring job, but one of the nicer I've seen in that chassis. Some of my friends have it and they did such a horrible job...nice to see someone actually put in the effort.

Not trying to make this a discussion thread, however I was referring to the general appearance of the case and components. No it's not perfect, yes there are better looking cases and components, but it sure looks great and I really liked how the lights made the case and general room appearance look. Compared to my current setup (no window, 1 psu w/ LED) it looks great.

I agree however, yes the IDE cable did seem a little out of place, but no biggie, great case!

dolphumous said:
"Rate my cables"

This is a discussion thread. :)

Haha...good call, saved me from saying it anyways. :p

God...I can't wait to be able to do some wire management on a new system. Gotta show you guys that I've still got what it takes, I've been out of commision for far too long now. :(

alkoholik said:
here are my two computers

Comp #1 - Gamer A64 4000+

Comp #2 - Multimedia A64 3200+

Best I could do w/o cutting into anything. I am going to buy a drill soon and practice on an old case.....then once I get good I'll attempt to redo the wiring.

btw how were mine? recomendations?

alkoholik said:
btw how were mine? recomendations?

Not bad, I've gotta get some stuff done around the house, so I don't quite have the time to go through each little thing, but if I don't get to it then hopefully someone else will have some recommendations for ya. Not bad, but still some minor things to fix up. You're at least beyond the point where the wiring would be causing any airflow issues, that's what matters most, but that doesn't mean it's quite [H]ard enough. ;) :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Not bad, I've gotta get some stuff done around the house, so I don't quite have the time to go through each little thing, but if I don't get to it then hopefully someone else will have some recommendations for ya. Not bad, but still some minor things to fix up. You're at least beyond the point where the wiring would be causing any airflow issues, that's what matters most, but that doesn't mean it's quite [H]ard enough. ;) :cool:

i hear ya.....i dont really have the time either.....just bought a house, getting married in august.....so i cant be spending lots on computer parts. being that i joined the [H] after I built both of these computers....I now have some ideas as to what my next build will be....and it will inclue h20 :)

Here's my newest setup. I'd sleeve the PCI-E and Aux Power connectors, but I don't have a tool to make it worth dealing with. I love how CoolerMaster made the motherboard standoffs higher on this case than with most, I can feed cables under the motherboard no problem.

asm03.JPG

2 angles on that shot in my watercooling thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1037303

i hear ya.....i dont really have the time either.....just bought a house, getting married in august.....so i cant be spending lots on computer parts. being that i joined the [H] after I built both of these computers....I now have some ideas as to what my next build will be....and it will inclue h20

Yeah, I moved out with my girlfriend 6 months ago and I've had next to NO spare cash ever since. I can't say I'd go back, but the only downside is that if I was still living with my parents I'd have a grand each month I could be dropping into my comp if I wanted to. :(

Here's my newest setup. I'd sleeve the PCI-E and Aux Power connectors, but I don't have a tool to make it worth dealing with. I love how CoolerMaster made the motherboard standoffs higher on this case than with most, I can feed cables under the motherboard no problem.

Nice stuff so far man, I love how the Stacker makes even a full ATX mobo look so fricken small. :p

Oh yeah...

11,000 posts!!!

:cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
eh... *shrugs shoulders*

Thx for the constructive feedback. I'm waiting on the proper IDE cable in the mail. Curse UPS! I had to use a TEMP IDE cable.

When I redo it I'll post an update.

rHino70 said:
Thx for the constructive feedback. I'm waiting on the proper IDE cable in the mail. Curse UPS! I had to use a TEMP IDE cable.

When I redo it I'll post an update.

Good to hear, at least you're working on it. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Good to hear, at least you're working on it. :)

This is all new to me, the hiding the wires thing. I've built PC's for a living for years, but it never crossed my mind to hide the cables to this extent. After looking at some of the pictures in here it kind of got me motivated to at least try it. It's weird, or at least I would have thought in the past this to be weird, this is actually a fun project.

Anyway, thx again for the feedback.

wire management is something that is really time consuming, but once you've got it done you're proud of it.

~GoaT~ said:
wire management is something that is really time consuming, but once you've got it done you're proud of it.

Yeah, it's an addiction to some of us.

Once I initially got into it I couldn't quite...and I'm going into heavy widthdrawl from not being able to.

Can't wait to get going again. :)

Anyway, thx again for the feedback.

Yeah man, no problem. I'm usually around here quite a bit, shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions.

dynamiks said:
Here's some more P180 goodness :D

Dynamiks - NICE work man, looks real clean.

Mr. Miyagi said:

For all of you who need 12cm fans in their cases, want HIGH CFM and LOW DB, take a look at these. I have 3 in my case and I can barely hear them, but they push a metric ass load of air :eek: !

As soon as I get home I will post pics of my case, 98% completed (waiting for my step ups to arrive to replace the 2x 7800GT's with 7900GT's). :D

Back