Post your "rate my cables" here

g33zy said:
Always impressive though, this guy glen never lets us down, guess the black and white was just to emphasize the lines...

DUH! TURD!

but yea, i ddont call it cheating, but SMART, and thats the fact that the pci-e power cable is in plain sight, but cuz of the way its shot and the fact that its black on black, it works fine. evidecne that SOME cables showing can be ok, if its done neatly.

Bloodgod42 said:
Wow guys, I didn't mean to start a flame war here...

Stellar - Im not even going to waste my time justifing my post to you. A person with your mind-set obviously will never get it, so just move along, thanks.

el rolio, cornelious0_0 and thisisglen...
Thanks guys for your posts defending my right to spend my time any damn way I choose. I am new to case modding, so it is taking longer than It should Im sure, but you know what? I am loving every minute of it!!! I suppose I could have cheated and bought a pre-sleeved PSU, but that didn't have the personalized, one-of-a-kind look that I like. I take great pride in my projects and I would like to think that it shows.

Anyways, thanks again! Its people like you that make this place feel like home and a safe haven for us newbies! Keep up the great work!

Bloodgod42
Oh and Bloodgod, hats off on the gotfrag article. When I was playing Halo in CAL I used to stay on that site for the updates. Good peeps over there and its a very good article.

Way to bring our life to the forefront and show em what we're made of. I have spent MANY hours working on my cases to get them where they are today so don't even worry. Wait until you get a new case and do that one, you are gonna amaze yourself.

el rolio said:
DUH! TURD!

but yea, i ddont call it cheating, but SMART, and thats the fact that the pci-e power cable is in plain sight, but cuz of the way its shot and the fact that its black on black, it works fine. evidecne that SOME cables showing can be ok, if its done neatly.
Not anything about the way its wiring nubsauce!

Just the fact that its a black and white pic to make the zalman look like the chrome AM2 one. I know its just to show up the lines he drew, just messing with him gosh!

:p haha <3 4 t3h r0li

hahaha....

here they are

g33z1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

g33z3.jpg

g33z4.jpg

g33z5.jpg

g33z6.jpg

g33z7.jpg

g33z8.jpg

g33z9.jpg

g33zy: you wish I was cheating! it would make it easier to beat me if you could convince people I was cheating :) jks.

All of the WD sata drives have 2 power inputs, one for the sata type and one for the old molex type, incase your PSU doesn't have the new type. On the top of the drive it warns against having both plugged in at the same time. So I have the sata power connector plugged in, and as someone pointed out it is on the left of the sata data cable. Have a look HERE

Anyhow, really nice work on your case. Nice wiring and i'm lovin all the zalman gear

P.S. I got a new PSU, Mobo and 7900GTX so I'll be re-wiring and posting again soon. This time i'm aiming to do the best wiring possible without losing my PSU warranty. ;)

thisisglen said:
g33zy: you wish I was cheating! it would make it easier to beat me if you could convince people I was cheating :) jks.

All of the WD sata drives have 2 power inputs, one for the sata type and one for the old molex type, incase your PSU doesn't have the new type. On the top of the drive it warns against having both plugged in at the same time. So I have the sata power connector plugged in, and as someone pointed out it is on the left of the sata data cable. Have a look HERE

Anyhow, really nice work on your case. Nice wiring and i'm lovin all the zalman gear

P.S. I got a new PSU, Mobo and 7900GTX so I'll be re-wiring and posting again soon. This time i'm aiming to do the best wiring possible without losing my PSU warranty. ;)

haha, you know its love...but seriously, I was sayin to myself, omfg here comes glen with the chrome plated zalman to put us to shame, oh noes!

Thanks though, I need to get a better cam and fix my cd area a lil bit more but its ok for now.

DarkStar02 said:
A+, but where are all your USB cables and power cables and whatnot?

They are all up top. Have a look at my thread, it goes through all that i have done so far. A worklog/wiring guide for the 2 cases I had.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1058187&page=1&pp=20

g33zy said:
haha, you know its love...but seriously, I was sayin to myself, omfg here comes glen with the chrome plated zalman to put us to shame, oh noes!

Thanks though, I need to get a better cam and fix my cd area a lil bit more but its ok for now.

lol. I wish. That AM2 zalman thing looks awesome. You were unfortunatly right though, the black and white was just because the lines were too confusing on top of a colour picture.

After having an SLI setup with stock fans all around, getting a quiet PC quickly became priority number one for the upgrade. And all the things I looked at getting to make it silent are in your case right now! Best P160 I've seen.

Awesome jobs to both:

thisisglen: I like the case work you did to accommidate your routing. I just tried my hand at cutting out a 120mm fan hole...it looked easier on paper, lol, but I got'er done and would like to do more.
&
g33zy: Them Zalmans are soooo sexy!!! Makes we want to go back to air cooling, almost. :p btw: gotfrag is a good site, but I think you have me mistaken for another Bloodgod, lol. :D :p

Bloodgod42 said:
Awesome jobs to both:

thisisglen: I like the case work you did to accommidate your routing. I just tried my hand at cutting out a 120mm fan hole...it looked easier on paper, lol, but I got'er done and would like to do more.
&
g33zy: Them Zalmans are soooo sexy!!! Makes we want to go back to air cooling, almost. :p btw: gotfrag is a good site, but I think you have me mistaken for another Bloodgod, lol. :D :p

oops....i got you confused with Schmiggy_JK23 :p

its okay tho way to put in the time.

Well I had to swap out the fan in my power supply and since I had a free day today, I decided to do that. Unfortunately, since my power supply was wired so tightly into my rig (under the motherboard and stuff) I had to take out EVERYTHING else as well :rolleyes:

Since my case was empty, I figured I'd bust out the dremel that I got for xmas last year and make a few cuts to clean things up a bit. I think it helped, check it out:

internalswflash.jpg

My earlier pics are a few pages back. I'm eager to hear what you guys think!

^^ ok. Holy Shit. The pics+link w/ pics is..= The best BY FAR wiring/overall job on the forums. This is what I dream about being able to afford/put together!! Kudos x10 bro.

The cool part is when I rebuild it its so easy to add and change stuff, just unscrew wires and screw the new ones in.
They are all organized so its easy to make similar draws on each of the 12V rails.

It happened by accident, it just happened that the case lent itself to modding. Before I found this site I did a whole case log on it. There are a lot of ideas to check out.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=11774

markkleb said:
Here is mine. Mark

http://wiring101.blogspot.com/

Wires? we dont need no stinkin wires....

thats really cool!

soldered half of the power cables to the board too, but i used molex connectors on the other side to be able to remove the board.

but i think that your solution with the luster terminals is better in the end
:eek:

Was just fitting a new HD in my old PC and noticed the amount of dust! Decided to strip down the computer to individual components and then rebuild while sorting out the cables.

The wires were a disaster before, but think ive managed to sort them quite a bit, considering they are all massive IDE ribbon cables. I couldnt sort out that massive black cable from the bottom PCI card because it was way too short and only just managed to reach anyway.
(Pictures link to higher resolution pictures)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Wow markkleb, I never thought of soldering the wires right under the boards and such, looks like a really good idea. *Goes to warm up his soldering iron* :cool:

I was gonna do em all. But just did the 4 pin powers. I also did the CDRW.

The trick is to use a LOW POWER soldering iron go slow and make sure they are attached well.

yea the dust is kinda bad in my room. with two dogs that can now come into my room, having a shedding wool carpet in my room, and the normal dust you find in a log cabin, its kinda hard to keep everything nice and clean. but my temps are pretty good for stock cooling and all.

well glen... very very impressive.... i would like to know where you got thoes rubber hole guards for your Mobo power hole... and im sure you have them on the other holes. Where would you get something like that?....

Warrior said:
well glen... very very impressive.... i would like to know where you got thoes rubber hole guards for your Mobo power hole... and im sure you have them on the other holes. Where would you get something like that?....
glen?

thisisglen said:
I already posted this in another thread, but if you missed it here's what I did with a drill and a jigsaw:

WebV1000%20copy.jpg

okay, BLUE = data cables / switches, GREEN = power cables and RED = Holes that I cut in the case.
YOU COPIED ME! lol

beautiful,simple look glen...

I used a bunch of the Gromits as well, I got them at HomeDepot. Its easy to get bigger ones and cut them to fit.
http://wiring101.blogspot.com/

You haven't changed anything since your last picture. :confused: Why not start by running the cables behind the tray?

Still needs a bit of work this one! it's to be the home server when completed.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

some others

DSCF0002.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

PIC11.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

Cheers

Defyant said:
Still needs a bit of work this one! it's to be the home server when completed.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

*snip*
BAD IDEA!!!! VERY BAD IDEA!!!
Drives should never be mounted that way, they can be on their side, on their back, upside down, on end, whatever; just so long as you dont have them tilted like you have them there.

Mounting drives like that is asking for them to fail...quickly. I would suggest remounting them flat.

Why would that be? Drives are already balanced well enough that it shouldn't matter.

Back