Asus P5Q-pro
8GB Gskill Ram
MSI 4850
2 x WD640GB HDDs
Optiarc DVD burner
Audigy 2 ZS
Corsair HX620W PSU
Antec P182se

Nice setup. Is that MSI the version with the factory hsf, or is that aftermarket?

Nice setup. Is that MSI the version with the factory hsf, or is that aftermarket?

thanks man. I just built it (just upgraded from a p4 2.6C! lol)

It's the factory HSF. That's the reason I bought it.... I didn't want to deal with getting an aftermarket HSF for a videocard, if I didn't have to.

thanks man. I just built it (just upgraded from a p4 2.6C! lol)

It's the factory HSF. That's the reason I bought it.... I didn't want to deal with getting an aftermarket HSF for a videocard, if I didn't have to.
I missed that one when I ordered my "stock" version.
Going to try the fan mod listed on the main page this week sometime. Haven't pushed the system on a game or anything really.

that sucks man. maybe you can exchange it? (if you feel it is worth the hassle)

The only game I've played so far is HL2... and the card got up to around 50C. I haven't really read too much about how hot it is supposed to get... but I think that's cool enough for me.

oh, yeah, and all I installed was the ATI driver.... no catalyst control center, or whatever it is called. So, I haven't messed with fan speeds or anything at all...

All I know, is that it's whisper quiet at idle, and I didn't notice it at load, during the game.

I'll probably stick with it, I don't have another PCI card to use, only AGP. It's running at 56* right now and all I'm doing is browing the net and some pics off my camera.

But the case is open on the side for now (new one in the works) so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

My current setup that is pretty pitiful. Coolermaster Wavemaster. I have another case sitting here, worklog to start soon.
P9140124e.jpg

Here is my first ever attempt a clean cabling. I still haven't decided what do with the sata cables.

dscf0166sq9.jpg

dscf0167zy7.jpg

dscf0168me9.jpg

Rate my cables!

I haven't gotten around to getting sleeves or wiring the cables behind the mobo tray yet, so based on those criteria, what would you rate it?

Well, you haven't really done much yet then... have you? I mean, withs ome sleeving, and hiding those SATA cables, it'll be much nicer.

Get rid of all those molex to 3pin converters too ;)

Well, you haven't really done much yet then... have you? I mean, withs ome sleeving, and hiding those SATA cables, it'll be much nicer.

Get rid of all those molex to 3pin converters too ;)

Since I think you are talking to me, I can't, as those are for my thermaltake 4 channel fan controller. I count running everything behind the mobo tray as doing something too :p

Shorter SATA cables might actually work out better, if you can't flex those enough in order to take 'em in further behind the drive cage instead of having 'em hanging out like that, it'd probably even help airflow (besides making 'em less of an eyesore :p ), that's a lot of drives to contend with tho.

Shorter SATA cables might actually work out better, if you can't flex those enough in order to take 'em in further behind the drive cage instead of having 'em hanging out like that, it'd probably even help airflow (besides making 'em less of an eyesore :p ), that's a lot of drives to contend with tho.

Shorter sata cables is a great idea. Plus, the ones I have came with my MSI motherboard and have connectors that like to split in half :rolleyes: There really isn't much space to tuck them in with the rest of the cabling back there.

The XP-120's fan also has a molex connection. I can just cut it off since i'm using the 3 pin connector, right? But otherwise it looks hideious

Mine. Un-coiled the sata cables, ran them a little tighter. Love the case for cooling, hate it for cable management...

DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

Had to take the power supply out, so I spent some time putting everything back together.

newsideathlon.jpg

Nothing to hide:

newtopathlon.jpg

The XP-120's fan also has a molex connection. I can just cut it off since i'm using the 3 pin connector, right? But otherwise it looks hideious

I stuffed the Molex connectors for my Yate under the heatpipe-side of the XP120. It fits. Keeps cable mess down to zero.

I know my systems don't look as good as most of the others posted.

Here is what my main system used to look like:

Main%20System%20Cables%20(Old).jpg

Here is what it looks like as of this weekend:

Main%20System%20Cables%201.jpg

Main%20System%20Cables%202.jpg

This is my little backup system, no need to go overboard here:

Backup%20System%20Cables.jpg

You guys inspired me to try cleaning up my cables, though its still not as good as everyone elses.

Before:
beforexu6.jpg

After:
afterzn3.jpg

I actually wanted to toss that floppy, but I can't find the bay cover. SATA cable was too short to actually hide it and this is my secondary comp so I just reused my old IDE HDs. Time to give my main rig a try...its in worse shape than this one was.

Finally got my rig back together after a toasted motherboard. Any suggestions for improving the SATA cables?

2891496878_5115a9d62f.jpg

2890661111_0dd1074b3c.jpg

Finally got my rig back together after a toasted motherboard. Any suggestions for improving the SATA cables?
Get a coupe 90* versions and use those on the drives... maybe use black as they don't stand out
and route them to the side of the gpu, not right infront of it.

svc has them cheap, as does monoprice

carholmes what sata cables do you use and how long are they? And do all corsair psu's come with the atx psu connector's wires individually sleeved like that?

I had to sleeve everything myself and I think I have 36in or 24in generic performance-pcs sata cables.

Its a Lian Li G70. The only problem with the pump mounted like that is that adjusting the speed is nearly impossible.

Carholmes:

Your cable management looks great...very subtle. Did you have to cut cable holes yourself? If so, where did you cut them at?

I have a rocketfish case, which looks very similar to the G70, and I'm looking for ideas on how to manage my cables.

Back