Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got myself a FW900 to replace my aging 19" CRT. :D Click the image for a larger version.

I'm so happy. I took my old 15 inch monitor and I hooked it up today, now I do work so much faster.

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

what dell is that?

I dont really remember the model number

its the 20.1 inch 2005FPW or something like that. dvi, vga, svideo, composite.

the 17 is older though. lol actually when i bought the 17 it was $424, the 20inch i bought off ebay for 507 shiped. now you can get a 20.1 for 229 plus tax and shipping from dell.

I want a 24incher bad though (1920 x 1200) not the 1680 x 1050

justaddboost, it looks like you sit pretty close to your monitor with your keyboard practically touching it. :eek: :p
What keyboard is that, by the way?

Edit: Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted in one of these threads over the years...you've all been inspirations for room re-organizing/upgrading. Thanks! (I'd also note that it probably doesn't look that way in the pictures!)

Wow...I've been looking at these threads for years, finally getting around to posting in one!

desk-mess.jpg
[/IMG]
desk-crop.jpg
[/IMG]
desk-2405.jpg
[/IMG]
side-open.jpg
[/IMG]

Ikea Jerker desk in moderate mode that is currently housing:

2405FPW
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro!!! (still prefer this to the G15)
MX300 (and this to the G5)
P180B case (E6400/Scythe, 2GB Mushkin, AsusP5WDH-Deluxe, x300se, 2x7200.10RAID1 Arrays, Seasonic 500w)

justaddboost, it looks like you sit pretty close to your monitor with your keyboard practically touching it. :eek: :p
What keyboard is that, by the way?

Ehh i dont sit as close as you might think. BUT when im playing games i tend to sit closer i suppose. Mainly it looks that way because that desk is only 24 inches deep! it doesnt leave alot of room for play. The top is an old door, and there are 2 legs of an old table holding up the right side of the table, and an old wooden window shutter holding up the other half ;)....dont worry new desk on the once my birthday rolls around in june :D

Dell keyboard, i had another black one....but my employer has ordered several dells the last few months and in most cases the keyboard has to be custom, so the stock keyboards get tossed aside. Personally i think the keyboard looks great, nice trim to it all around, not to mention this black on the keyboard is much darker, so it compliments the dell monitors much better IMO.

(sorry - camera phone)
keyboardll8.jpg

nice monitor & case!
blue fox, where did you get your table?

Wish I could tell you, but my parents bought the thing for me 10 years ago, so I don't remember...not to mention you probably couldn't buy it today anyway. Too bad Ikea doesn't have anything like it, as this thing can hold a ton (150lbs of computer equipment + me standing on it).

^^^^^^ Roffl O MY GOD.... its only funny because there framed :eek: :) ;) :D :p nice setup though...- the brittany

very nice kroeg

hows that dell bluetooth keboard is it responsive i was planin on buying one but wasint sure cuz i want to game so does it work in games well or not as responsive ??

thanks

Edit: Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted in one of these threads over the years...you've all been inspirations for room re-organizing/upgrading. Thanks! (I'd also note that it probably doesn't look that way in the pictures!)

Wow...I've been looking at these threads for years, finally getting around to posting in one!

http://www.practicaltech.ca/p180/desk-mess.jpg
http://www.practicaltech.ca/p180/desk-crop.jpg
http://www.practicaltech.ca/p180/desk-2405.jpg
http://www.practicaltech.ca/p180/side-open.jpg

Ikea Jerker desk in moderate mode that is currently housing:

2405FPW
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro!!! (still prefer this to the G15)
MX300 (and this to the G5)
P180B case (E6400/Scythe, 2GB Mushkin, AsusP5WDH-Deluxe, x300se, 2x7200.10RAID1 Arrays, Seasonic 500w)

How do you get the desktop icons in list view?

I've been following this thread for a while and almost posted up a few times but here goes, its not the cleanest but its my lil peice of heaven.:)

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

here is my current desk. This pic was taken a little while ago
and has been cleaned up a lot since then.
my_room_Bad_PIC.JPG

Though here is my Main Workshop!
gerage_4.JPG

gerage_3.JPG

gerage_2.JPG

gerage_1.JPG

Then my toys (I build and sell computers, thats why I have this many brand new parts)
parts_2.JPG

parts_3.JPG

I would like to sell it and make some money. PM me an offer
I was planing on moding it :)

Though one of my freinds thought it would be cool to paint it without me knowing. So he spray painted it
gold and did a shitty ass job!! I just cant believe he painted my computer that cost a nice lump of green!!!!

If you are interested and the offer is right I can easily sand it and repaint it. I have gotten really good at airbrushing
and can can show you some of my works :)

Other wise I am going to mod it and have some fun :)

Well The time has come and I've finally put out the serious amounts of cash to upgrade my entertainment setup... Let me know what you guys think....

Old Setup:
P2140021-1.jpg

New Setup!
Sig-1.jpg

SigLap.jpg

P4300001.jpg

P4300007.jpg

P4300005.jpg

P4300003.jpg

P4300006.jpg

P4300002.jpg

P4300004.jpg

P4300009.jpg

P5050002.jpg

P5050006.jpg

P4300001-1.jpg

P4300007-1.jpg

P4300003-1.jpg

P5050018.jpg

P4300002-1.jpg

P4300013.jpg

Not quite as nice as the last one, but heres mine. Thinking of moving the computer downstairs for the summer though. It gets HOT in here.

P4220014.jpg

Not quite as nice as the last one, but heres mine. Thinking of moving the computer downstairs for the summer though. It gets HOT in here.

P4220014.jpg

Hey its not all that bad...you would be very suprized at what a new paint job would do, and a new desk down the road!

YANK THAT WALLPAPER OFF!! haha

Hey its not all that bad...you would be very suprized at what a new paint job would do, and a new desk down the road!

YANK THAT WALLPAPER OFF!! haha

I would take that wallpaper over that Whorehouse Red Room above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back