Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Nice - I really like that desk!
Is that Keyboard and Mouse combo the Microsoft 9000?

Was that for me ?
If yes (and I´de like to excuse me abou the poor english) that´s a Microsoft 5000 combo.. Here in Brazil I hadn´t found the 9K combo... :mad:

The desk is good, but too small.. but, as You can see, there´s no much space at the room, so... :)

When the new "HomeOffice" gets ready there´ll be a really good desk, but for now that´s it.. :D

Thanks !

Redid the office, painted the walls, and have most of the office back together. Please ignore the green blinds, new ones on the way. -_-

pc004800x600.jpg

pc007800x600.jpg

I'm not a photographer, please excuse the poor pictures. :(

for a second i thought your on screen pic was your window view :D :p

DSCF0181-2.jpg

one of my other desks in the room

15 inch touchscreen on top is for a car project whenever i get around to it :D

Here is mine, nothing special unfortunately. I'm not a fan of the desk but it is getting me through school, and is easy to move. I can't complain too much seeing how cheap it was, but it has seen better days.

Sorry for the poor pics, my digital camera is showing its age as well.

Just got the monitor for x-mas, 24" SOYO. Quite the step-up from my old 17" LCD.

Redid the office, painted the walls, and have most of the office back together. Please ignore the green blinds, new ones on the way. -_-

pc004800x600.jpg

pc007800x600.jpg

I'm not a photographer, please excuse the poor pictures. :(

Wow i love that desk but not the price i would like the tinted glass better though imo
nice set up

Just a question for you, what sound card do you have powering your Z5500s? I just got a set for X-mas and have been looking for the right card.

Blugears B-Inspirer - http://www.bgears.com/b-enspirer.html

Heavily recommended, although the software could be better. :)

Wow i love that desk but not the price i would like the tinted glass better though imo
nice set up

I agree on both statements. I wish the frosted top glass would have been available when I bought mine at $399. $499 is pretty steep seeing as i had trouble stomaching $400. But given the height of the center, and me being 6'3" I couldnt pass it up. Most other desk are too short. :(

I love that Guinness lamp that you have.

Best $15 I ever spent. The light is never turned off and uses a simple 20w bulb. I got it from the Guinness mechandise website. I cant stand ceiling light on so that along with the lava lamp on the left creates a near perfect sightline balance.

@ Sound Guy - Where did you get that headphone holder?

@iGamer - You are not the only one. I only use Photobucket.

Just bought myself a new glass desk at OfficeMax. Was pricier than I expected but from what I was looking at Staples and OfficeDepot.. I think I got one heck of a bargain.

I'll be sure post a picture of it once I get it all assembled and when I get my basement cleaned. I have nearly 60 boxes lying around along with thousands of computer parts just sitting on the floor. :eek:

BTW, I finally got a new computer chassis. Been running my computer without one for almost a month and a half. I'll be sure to post a picture of that as well. :cool:

Cool, Solid, I'll be looking for pictures :cool:

Also, That_Sound_Guy, I actually kind of like the green blinds - but they don't match all too well.

You by any chance have a link to that wallpaper? Thanks in advance. :)

I got it off http://interfacelift.com but it appears the author is no longer a member or deleted. If you look cityscapes in general go to that page under tags and choose "scene" and then "cityscapes". Theres a bunch of others to chooce from. If you want the one I have specifically, PM me an email and I'll send it over. It's a 10MB .BMP if you want its original artist form. Ill compress it down if thats too big.

nice desk That_Sound_Guy

Thanks! :cool:

@ Sound Guy - Where did you get that headphone holder?
It's a banana holder from bed bath and beyond, I have the same one. 10$ or so.

Precisely. The term is "banana hanger" I believe in case your gonna search for one.

Also, That_Sound_Guy, I actually kind of like the green blinds - but they don't match all too well.

It's a shame to get rid of them cause they are nice insulated blinds that are very expensive. But both developed a tear that isn't easily fixed so I decided to outright change the entire scheme of the room. Not a fan of green inside the house anyways, thats an outdoor nature color. :p

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...B_Oxygen_8788_PCI_Sound_Card.html?id=nWG4VYR9

Is this the one? That thing looks godly at a great price, and it seems like it was specifically made for our speakers with all the qualifications it has. I might have to get that if that is the one.

Yup, that be it. Here's the Newegg link for comparison and some more reviews - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829127002

Great card powered by a solid C-Media chipset. Ive had it now for 2 years-ish and I have yet to here jitter, static, or any high frequency clutter in any of the audio dealings I mess with (when the source is clean). Use 5.1 and headphones without issue. Good luck with it if thats the path you decide.

Is the sound quality really good? The sound with my onboard 790i Ultra can get pretty sloppy at times, im really looking for something that just sounds delicious, if you know what I mean lol.

Also, does it work with Vista?

Is the sound quality really good? The sound with my onboard 790i Ultra can get pretty sloppy at times, im really looking for something that just sounds delicious, if you know what I mean lol.

Also, does it work with Vista?

You'll find the Z-5500's are the bottleneck in terms of the quality, not the card. But yes you should see a noticeable inprovement from onboard, especially onboards teamed with 6xx 7xx i chipsets. Im running Vista x64 here so yes no issues with Vista.

If you have any further questions shoot me a PM, lets try to declutter the picture thread. ;)

Here's my setup right now in the dorms. I use my laptop here, not the desktop.
Excuse the quality, as the pic was taken with my phone :-/

lolct4.jpg

Renovated my workstation for this upcoming semester. Before, it was my Macbook Pro all by itself (and a headphone amp). Headphones aren't pictured here, since I usually keep them in a drawer.

Running windows in parallel on the macbook pro screen:

Just mac, night shot:

I was originally supposed to take this picture with a cat in the frame, because the monitor arms that I bought had a user picture on amazon with a cat in it... so all my friends decided that the finished picture of my setup had to have a cat in it before I showed them. But since my GA (in a dorm) hasn't gotten home yet, I haven't had access to a cat... but I had to show someone.

Oh yeah, I have two mice on my desktop... ambidextrous (at least with a mouse). The wireless one came with the keyboard (got them for 34 bucks shipped) and I figured that they could work on my bed right behind me too. Didn't work as well in practice cause the reception and tracking on the mouse sucks.

Thanks for the compliment wolf!

pogo, its an ergotron, you can several variations of it at ergotron's site then search froogle for a cheaper price :)

Yep, what he said.

I rotate it to portrait view pretty often, to read articles/comics/pdfs etc... or just to lie in bed and watch movies on my side.

Anyone have any suggestions? I wish that the monitor was silver/had a blue led, to match the rest of my desk... haha

ps- How do I show the pictures directly on here? I don't want people to have to click on the links..

Great setup man!

Take your image links, and put img codes around the URL like this:
Code:
[img]putyourimageinherelikethis[/img]

bones23.jpg

Not terribly stylish- or new- but functional and comfy.
Need a good chair though, mine is shot...hoping to score a good one from all the businesses that are closing.
If nothing else, the collapse of the economy might be good for my ass.

*snip*
Not terribly stylish- or new- but functional and comfy.
Need a good chair though, mine is shot...hoping to score a good one from all the businesses that are closing.
If nothing else, the collapse of the economy might be good for my ass.

Are you using Windows 7? I ask because you toolbar looks like it.

If so, does Windows 7 provide any kind of multiple monitor support like UltraMon? Or is there nothing for it like Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back