Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i drew the pics. i used to love gundams but not so much anymore.

i dont have much gundams built since i build them for other people which supported my hobby needs.

yes thats a pg gundam. i have another pg strike, wing, gp im building right now

garage where i do all my main paints have 2 compressor. 1 for base and 1 for main paints

DSC01471.jpg

dsc01474uh8.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

here is my room where i do touch up paint. only 1 compressor

dsc03157uy0.jpg

my gundams in room

dsc03151ep4.jpg

2 old pic from 07 gave my lg laptop to my parents. always too big

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

i dont have much gundams built since i build them for other people which supported my hobby needs.

garage where i do all my main paints have 2 compressor. 1 for base and 1 for main paints

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z253/7788896098/DSC01471.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/...9;♥♥♥♥♥♥g
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z253/7788896098/DSC01479.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z253/7788896098/DSC01472.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z253/7788896098/DSC01480.jpg

Your second link doesn't work, it shows a bunch of hearts in the url. What makes the hearts come up?

Also is anyone also getting a Fixing notice while trying to do anything on here?

NVM: Coolazn changed the to [img] before I could finish posting this because I got a Hardforum Fixing notice.

DSC01471.jpg

dsc01474uh8.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

here is my room where i do touch up paint. only 1 compressor

dsc03157uy0.jpg

my gundams in room

dsc03151ep4.jpg

2 old pic from 07 gave my lg laptop to my parents. always too big

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

holy crap gundam dream land!.... Wish I had the money to buy that many models.

used to work for a japanese hobby shop.

most kits are untouched waiting for someone to buy it and use my service.

hg ~ 40 kits
mg~ 30 kits
pg 7 (3 strike, 2 wing, 1 zeta, 1 gp03)
resin a few

to tell you the truth, gundams are way over priced in north america.

for ex a pg strike cost store owner $80 i buy it at $90 we sell for almost $200
or a mg freedom cost store owner $20-30 i buy around $40 we sell for $60

if you were over in japan it would be about another $10 cheaper. it used to be alot cheaper but in japan, plastic is getting more expensive.

:p my parents and my friends all say im nuts when i spend so much on models, but hey, its just like any other hobby.

hg ~ 40 kits
mg~ 30 kits
resin a few

if you were over in japan it would be about another $10 cheaper. it used to be alot cheaper but in japan, plastic is getting more expensive.

:p my parents and my friends all say im nuts when i spend so much on models, but hey, its just like any other hobby.

Its really hard to find stores where I am that sell them. It used to be when ever I see a store that sells them I buy all that I can. Now its almost impossible to find except on the internet. That usually involves ebay.

hg ~ 40 kits
mg~ 30 kits
resin a few

But what's the sale volume on these things? Can't imagine them been too high in the US for a single shop. In which case high margin is required least you want to go bankrupt.

But what's the sale volume on these things? Can't imagine them been too high in the US for a single shop. In which case high margin is required least you want to go bankrupt.

The only site I know that was a big seller of these was gundamshop.com, which sold them for what I can only assume pretty expensive prices also?

That site shut down for quite a long time though when the owner went through a divorce... lol.

dsc01474uh8.jpg

What can only be a true sign of awesome - the photo above I saved to my desktop to look at in more detail. See I love gundam model's, bulding and painting etc. So when I saw your posts I was really impressed, you've got a nice collection there, and lots of solid equipment for your hobbies. Imagine the surprise when I loaded up the mp3 of ash like snow (theme song from gundam 00 anime) and cover art display used THIS picture as the image for the song. Truly awesome!

TechBoy Hypernova
we usually have 5 of each gundam but for pg we have only 1 or 2.
i dont even know how the store makes money, even though we have lots of people come by, we only have a few people who buys gundam <$1000 a day im shure

Black-Tom
you should try your local model shop, after buying a few gundams, you might get a discount. for me, i went one step further and asked if they wanted me to airbrush some gundams for display after i showed off some pics.

Starholdest
i mainly do shadowing, shading, also i sometimes get request for painting a bodie so i paint those in my room. to tell the truth, i do most of the small painting in my room since im too lazy to go into my garage to paint.

YahonMaizosz
i just brought 1 of my speakers to canadiantire and tested out each screw until i found one that fit snug. its been a year and the speakers are not loose.

Pogo
thats just part of my colectoion, family looking to upsize the house, so i have gundams in the garage and lots in the house too. if i do move this year ill repost pics. i was planning to have 1 room dedicated to my hobby.

to anyone who wants thier gundam assembled and painted pm me, ill talk more.

going to ubc and spend most of my money on clothes so my hobby isnt progressing as i like. but my life long deam will be to have every single MG and PG gundam, plus a Lamborghini G :D

coolazn, where can I get cheap gundam figures? In a Chinatown mall in where I live, they are ULTRA f-ckin expensive, talkin about like a few hundred to a few grand but they look beautiful.

prices i think are resonable if your a new customers are

hg 10-30
mg 30-60
pg 100-300
resin 80-a few hundred

for the gundam that are close to $1000, those are pure metal. my store used to have 2. they are ultra rare
it comes with its own metal case with foam inside.

if prices are high, try local N/A sites like hobbywave.com where shipping is cheap.

make shure if you buy from chinatown, look out for fakes.
try googling fake gundam models

cimg3971xq7.jpg

And a close up of my Gundam Crossdrive edition DS just to add to the Gundam talk ;) Bought it in Akiba over the summer. DS = excellent dictionary :D

72913818em4.jpg

Here's my crap setup. I'm still looking for things to put in here so it's not so plain.Yeah the wires are messy but I'm working on that... well I'm trying to at least. :p

PC on the left monitor, MAcbook on the right monitor; both controlled with 1 keyboard and mouse (Logitech Illuminated and MX Revolution).

desk1tj1.jpg

desk2ex5.jpg

mmm the keyboard and monitors match :p

how do you like your illuminated keyboard?

Not a very good picture, will re-take and post at some point and fit everything in.

DSC00118.jpg

mmm the keyboard and monitors match :p

how do you like your illuminated keyboard?

It's a really nice keyboard but the price is definitely not that appealing. I wish it were wireless though. :(

It's a really nice keyboard but the price is definitely not that appealing. I wish it were wireless though. :(

indeed, i got mines the other day for like $66.99 :p and i also wish that it was wireless :eek:

it was given to me by radical (gaming company) while iwas working there dunno.never seen the model # anywhere

not worth buying though since the back uses special plugs. bnc i think.only plug i can use is the hdmi and vga

panoramic5-small.png

bluetooth mouse sorta got cut up, and my belt is weird lol, and you can't see the rear speakers to the 5.1 cause well, they're behind me.

new is the TV, samsung ln37a550, 37" 1080p lcd hdtv, the desk, ikea 'fredrik' in black-brown, ikea 'lack' coffee table, pioneer 1000w 5.1 home theater setup from woot for 204.99 shipped, the green shelves are a different piece from the same set as the shelves that were there before, this one has a cabinet portion on the bottom and is about twice as deep, and already has wiring holes in the back, so that's where i put the receiver for the desktop speakers and my headphones.

old coffee table only had a top part, no shelf, so with the new one (although it's surface is smaller) i was able to put all my controllers and stuff on the shelf and clean up the tv stand area a lot more.

it's the tv that started all this changing, that finally got updated as a birthday/christmas gift from my parents, and i bought myself the 5.1, and decided i hated the glass desk and the coffee table (which wasn't originally mine, another thing i stole from our furniture in storage lol), so now i have my own stuff for the room, only thing in here that i haven't picked myself now is the couch and the green shelves that i did swap out for a deeper version of the same style like i said above.

i was able to 'hide' or at least manage all the 5.1 wires with push-pins along the corners of the room, looks like they belong, it's crazy.

unfortunately my tower doesn't fit under the wire management of the new desk, and without those pieces there the structural integrity of the desk isn't much better than the desk before it, so i'm going to leave them there and figure something else out for the tower. i do like how i've gotten to hide all the wires except for the keyboard and mouse though (need those to have slack cause of course, i move them quite a bit :p).

been watching lost season 1 for the first time (got excited to watch it and my gf loves it so i borrowed the dvd's from my parents) and on the new tv and upscaled to 1080p and on the 5.1 is just awesome, my dad is jealous i have everything working, his setup downstairs is just a horrible jumble that he can't figure out haha. i kept it simple, although i have way too many remotes right now, considering a logitech harmony 880 or something to sort it all out, and some better wire management for the tv area, the surge protector is a mess right now... oh yeah, those are new too, belkin 12-port and swiveling ports, very nice.

oh, and my whole room is done with cat6 through my dlink router and netgear 8-port gigabit switch, oh, and i got a 15ft hdmi cable from the desktop to the tv and that's on monitor port 1, so windows 7 media center defaults to that screen, and i have a remote for that too, also very cool hehe.

so yeah, usability is king for me right now, and silence, for which i have 4 low speed yate loons coming from petras tech today :p to compliment my new 55nm gtx 260, 2x1tb wd black drives, and 8gb ram which i upgraded just a week ago.

and you see i have an apple bluetooth keyboard and the mouse is cut off (razer bluetooth mobile), and the MBP is wired to the tv as well via vga and stereo audio which gets sorted through the 5.1 as well, i've got all my media bases covered haha.

comments always welcome, and yes, i did clean before i took the pictures haha, but not much, all i really did was make the bed, otherwise that's how it looks all the time, i'm a really clean guy lately, like to keep my things in order, take care of them.

Great setup guys i just went threw all 26 pages Here is my crappy set up, looking for a new desk but can't find a decent one that fits my area, Anyways here they are enjoy

CIMG2885.jpg

CIMG2876.jpg

My wire management eh still needs work

CIMG2871.jpg

My work Setup

P1000634.jpg

P1000614.jpg

Wow! Very Nice setup! Nice and clean! :)

that's how i like it!

expecting a package from monoprice today as well, a 6ft optical audio cable so i can pass digital audio from the tv to the 5.1 system, just finish getting myself all hooked up correctly.

soon enough i want to wall mount the tv though, and still figure out how to get the tower to play nice with the desk a bit more, i tried raising it up a bit, but it gets a bit wobbly, not something i'd want to use day to day, i could always get rid of those green shelves/cabinet set, and move the tower either to that side, or on the outside of the desk on the side it's already at, but then i have to find where to put the things from the shelves/cabinet area, which is basically some cd spindles, misc tools, my printer, and the receiver that powers the computers speakers.

oh, does anyone know if it's possible to output sound from my computer in optical and via the analog at the same time? because i'd love to have the 5.1 and the 2 pc speakers working at the same time for music, then just turn off either unit when i'm using one device specifically, like watching a movie or playing a game or something.

Optional: Looks great! Now I know what it must feel like to do mushrooms. :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back