Power supply for a core 2 duo

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
so i'm getting the intel package. some of you might know what that is. well its a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300 and Intel Desktop Board DG965WH and i was wondering how much power i would need to run that chip along with directx 10 video card. Would this powersupply do the job?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817190007

its 100 bux but it has a 50 dollar mail in. 600 wats seems like it would do the trick but i have never heard of the brand....and don't the newer cards need a 12v connector?

Skip it. You get what you pay for.

If you want to spend a bit more, try a Corsair HX 520. IT's modular, silent, very good quality, and has more than enough juice for damn near anyone.

o might want to add that i'm only looking to spend like 100 lol. still need cash left over for a sick video card. I'm gonna wait on the video card till unreal 2007 comes out. no point in wasting my money now

ya that does seem like a really good deal. Just curious but what would happen if i used a power supply that wasn't enough power. it wouldn't hurt it right. it just wouldn't turn on or run like it should

ya that does seem like a really good deal. Just curious but what would happen if i used a power supply that wasn't enough power. it wouldn't hurt it right. it just wouldn't turn on or run like it should

Unless you get a really shitty one and it blows up. You want a sick video card, yet don't want to spend a lot on the power supply that will be running it?

Pass on it:
1. 22a only
2. Fuhjyyu
3. CWT
4. Ebay = buyer beware

A PSU is the most important part of ANY computer.

o might want to add that i'm only looking to spend like 100 lol. still need cash left over for a sick video card. I'm gonna wait on the video card till unreal 2007 comes out. no point in wasting my money now

sick video card...for that matter quality equiupment == quality PSU!!
I didn`t say expensive PSU!! I said --QUALITY!!

Skip it. You get what you pay for.

If you want to spend a bit more, try a Corsair HX 520. IT's modular, silent, very good quality, and has more than enough juice for damn near anyone.

i cant speak for a core 2 duo setup but in the past i have bought bargain psu's (ofcourse only with one that has alot of word of mouth of being a solid bargain psu) and i have not had any problems

i cant speak for a core 2 duo setup but in the past i have bought bargain psu's (ofcourse only with one that has alot of word of mouth of being a solid bargain psu) and i have not had any problems

Your mileage may vary.

You get what you pay for.

But you don't have to spend $600 to get a good power supply. Quality isn't the same as Price. Just look at Ass-pire, That new MSI psu (it's a deer though), etc. Budget psu's may work, but why take a chance? Skip that bigmac and buy a real psu. Your cholesteral will thank you too.

Back