power surges on trains ?

urban

n00b
Lo guys, i'm travelling for 5 hours tomorrow, taking my laptop to kill the time ...i'm plugging into the trains power source and i was wondering how likely power surges are to happen them ? i've been thinking about it and its got me in a blooming state, i wanna play doom3 :(

no that i'm much of an ee guy, but any powersurge will probably mess up the ac/dc converter on your laptop, and not the laptop. i'm sure there's people who use those ac adapters on the northeast corridor (dc to boston) lines all the time without incident. if you are really worried, i'm pretty sure radioshack sells one outlet surge protectors.

The power from those sockets should be decently clean. If it wasn't, wouldn't the train have to have all kinds of warnings about plugging devices in? I bet the power gets pretty well filtered.

There are surge protectors designed specifically for notebooks like this one. After all, surges can happen just about anywhere.

Regardless of where you use it, I recommend getting a surge protector anyway to help protect your valuble equipment and data.

thanks guys but i leave today so i'll let you all know how well they run off the power and see if it really is stable power for gaming :D

Back