Power Switch replacement

theNobi

n00b
Anyone know what the connectors are called that connect the on/off switch and reset switch and LEDs and stuff. I'm taking about where wires connect to the little pins on the mobo. And also where to buy? do you need a crimping tool of some kind?

unfortunately the things don't seem to have a standard name. Every manufacturer seems to have thier own name.

Usually if you go into the "connectors PCB" or similar section of an electronic suppliers website, select the pin number and pitch (0.1 inch/2.54mm) and browse through the results you can find the right connectors.

The contacts that go onto the wire are crimped on and different makes of pin/shell are usually (but not always) compatible. Once you've found the shells it's generally pretty easy to find the corresponding pins.

Thus, why I have "harvested" parts from every old computer or computer case I have gotten rid of. I have a small box, full of LED's and switches, just for this sort of situation. :cool:

OP, what exactly do you need? I have several switches and LEDs recovered from older stuff. PM me an address and I'll mail it to you.

Last edited:
OP, what exactly do you need? I have several switches and LEDs recovered from older stuff. PM me an address and I'll mail it you.

I came to this thread looking for exactly the same thing. I want to make a testbench or work with motherboards without having to attach it to a case switch....

Back