Powercolor 7870Ghz $140 after rebate (Newegg)

StoleMyOwnCar

2[H]4U
I was randomly looking for budget cards on PC Parts Picker for someone on another forum when I noticed this little gem.

It crushes the 750Ti (pity there aren't more benchmarks comparing them) in performance and is selling for less than its MSRP. Higher power draw, but uh... yeah. I'd jump on this if I was anyone looking to build together a budget rig.

I later looked and found out that this deal is on slickdeals. So if you want it jump on it now. This is an excellent price for a new card, and it's very capable (I have a secondhand one running in my secondary rig, but stock cooler).

Deal is finally dead.. I noticed no one posted even though this had a decent amount of views. Well I hope any of you that did get one are going to enjoy the card. I guess. Thought it was a pretty decent price myself but whatever... o.o

If it helps i did bite on this to play with a crossfire setup.but i found it on slickdeals before you posted it. was a good deal though

Cool thanks for the note. Still a great budget deal. Wonder why they have so many of them to get rid of though. The original deal was live for like... several days? Anyway, should probably give a bit more info on it since my OP is a bit barren:

This is also the choice to get over the 270X. I looked at their benchmark comparisons and the 270X was just slightly ahead. In fact, I believe the 270X just a rebrand of the 7870 that's been slightly overclocked, so the 7870 Ghz's (like this one) should be ahead of the 270X anyway (their benchmarks are for a regular 7870). Considering the cheapest 270X is like 50 bucks more, beats the crap out of that. There is a 750Ti for 10 bucks less but considering how much less performance it gives, it's only good for power consumption cares (the performance doesn't even remotely compare).

To reiterate, probably best budget build deal out there right now. I've run FF14 on my secondary rig on one of these at 1440p with high settings. This was a mined out one from Powercolor with ref cooler. Lagged a bit but was very playable, which is great for a card at this price point. Just not sure how Powercolor treats their rebates is all so keep it in mind. Also AMD's audio drivers are wonky on the mini DP ports when going to HDMI. I thought my Powercolor was messed up from mining, but turned out to be the AMD drivers. Read about that here.

Some recent 3DMark:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2919392

Back