PowerDVD only allowing 2 speakers?

blackedge

Gawd
Hi everyone,

I just did a reinstall this week. Upgraded to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000. So far, everything has been going relatively smoothly. There's bugs here and there that I'm working on trying to figure out.

Anyway, one of them at the moment is with PowerDVD. When I had it installed before under Win2000, I was able to configure it for 5.1 speakers. For some reason now, I can't do that: it's only showing two speakers.

Now, this is the version of PowerDVD that came with the sound card, which is a Hercule Fortissimo III. Didn't have any problems up until now.

Just looking for any suggestions you guys might have. I have the Fortissimo 3 set up for 5.1 speakers, and seems to me everything is working fine.

Thanks in advance! If you guys need more info, let me know, as I'm quite confused.

Okay, I'm an idiot. Sort of. When I installed the drivers for it, I also installed the Yamaha synthesizer that came with it. What it appeared to have been doing was that all the sounds were going through the Yamaha synthesizer, and the synth didn't seem to think I had 5.1. Not sure why exactly, and I don't know if the config was the same with the Win2000 setup.

Don't want to delete the topic even though I think I have it figured out, as I might find something relating to this amiss.

Cheers!

Back