PR Nightmare Drawing - AMD 6400+ Black Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I both love and hate HardOCP!

Hate: I prefer my Oatmeal Cream Pies soft, moist, and chewy!

Love: HardOCP shows a desire to be accountable. If they make a mistake, they own it. I also love the biting sarcasm that can be found with the news items!

Been here on and off since General Mayhem was free, great resource on all things computer related. I look to this site first for honest reviews and general computer related information. I also have bought a ton of stuff from the for sale area. Great site!

Things I like:

1) Game reviews -- I especially like the "best playable settings" roundup for each card and resolution. This is a big time saver so I don't have to spend hours finding the "best" settings in each game for my card.

2) Forums -- Not too much flaming/fighting. Good topics, concise/quick answers (most of the time). Lots of eyes creates a broad wealth of knowledge/info.

3) Links to reviews on other sites -- with so many products for enthusiasts and gamers, it's good to have links to other sites' reviews since you couldn't possibly cover them all.

4) For Sale and Hot Deals forum categories -- lots of buyers, lots of sellers creates a fairly liquid market. Too bad you have to jack your prices up just to get a fair offer most of the time due to the enormous number of low ballers lurking about, but that's not [H]'s fault =)

WTF? are you A-holes gonna make me beg for a Black-box CPU again? God how I [H]ate begging! :D Actually, [H] allway's gives us a chance to win something great. I like the fact that [H]News keeps us posted on the newest Enthusiast computer goods available on the net, along with breaking hardware news. Steveo also keeps us posted about non-Comp based news with a whitfully funny jab at them. The [H]Reveiws are the best, always fully detailed and backed-up with detail photo veiws of product with idividual reveiwers no holds opinion after the detail reveiws. I won't make a final decision on a peice of hardware until I am able to read an indepth [H]Reveiw to help advise me.I like the fact that [H] will take on the suppliers/manufactures of products and will not sugar coat a reveiw opinon on the product, which spares the consumer (the [H]reader) a potential bad purchase. [H] is about the only hardware site not afraid to warn us by telling it like it is. Not true with alot of the other guys who will sometimes get wishy-washy on a buy/do not buy recommendation. Kudos [H]!

Love the [H] because their video card reviews are some of the best around covering everything from updates in architecture where that applies to variants of the "same" card -- different memory types, for example -- and never failing to include real side by sides for image quality. The best part being the "this card will run the game at these settings" attitude. Some may claim it's subjective and unfair, but if you can keep ~25-30 minimum frame rate with, say, 4xAA on one card and the same without AA on another at a given resolution, that's important and it should be included.

I love the [H] because you guys maintaing a high level of journalistic integrity without taking yourselves overly seriously and your hardware coverage is arguably some of the best due to your pioneering new testing methods (ie. PSU and Vid Cards).

I like [H] because of the nice layout, good reviews and decent community.

But most of all i like [H] because when i come here to discuss the things i care about i dont have to see every emo kids favorite anime character below their name. (Death to avatars).

i hate that [H] doesnt take money for guaranteed good reviews. things would be much easier if i could find just 1 completely glowing Phenom review. oh.

Your reviews rock with blunt honesty. Also need to give a wahoo to the forums, always something I don't need that I discover I really can't live without.

Why I love [H].

1. Kyle's got some serious balls- I run across his *moderating action* posts every now and then and quite frankly they scare the living crap out of me.

2. The FS/FT forums are fairly well run. I actually feel pretty safe considering how paranoid everyone is.

3. The reviews are unique & I trust the editors.

4. [H] is a place where everyone culminates; I'm talking fatwallet, cheapassgamer, headfi, and even the evga forums have members that regularly post across all the different sites. It's really cool running into someone you've seen somewhere else.

i like hardforums because its my one stop for all my hardware info needs. Gaming, PC hardware, you name it, reviews are always legit and relevant to real world applications. I also like the genmay section for cars,anime and guns. I get honest opinions on gear and its always nice to see pics of what everyone else has.

I <3 [H] because all the information I can get from [H]ardOCP is top-notch stuff and has helped me compare tons of tech, in effect saving me tons of money! The Forums are great too because I can ask questions related to all of my Tech needs.:)

I love [H] and it shows. I think last month or two my ID was on top of most visit per day. I love all the news and different forums [H] provides. Any new things or PC related deals I come to [H] and hope to find one which I did couple of times. Not always been good though since I didn't win last 5000+ BE but hey all I need now is to get this 6400+ BE and I'm set. [H] has been the site to go to for me to check reviews and how-to or check what other people do with their PCs. Great site and hope to see [H] live forever(at least till I die)

The reason why I keep coming to [H] is easy, it has a ton of reliable answers to many of the most common and uncommon problems. And, if you can't find it already using the infamous search feature, one can easily post a new topic and expect reasonably informative answers. Not only are there problem solvers on this board, there are [H]ot deals too! I find a ton of great deals here that I end up seeing pop up later at other places. Gotta love the [H]!

I hate your site because my reading comprehension is poor. I just typed a long list of likes only to discover that the contest was for 200 words or less. I like your site because my reading comprehension was good enough to see that I could only put in one entry. Luckily you did not put a limit on emoticons, or maybe your did and I just didn't see it?

Hard News :D
Product Reviews:D
Forums in general :D
Hot Deals :cool:
For Sale or Trade :p
Kyle calling it like he sees it :D
:):confused::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::p;):D:eek::(

I love the [H] because you were the site that guided me through modifying my first computer and I have continued to visit everyday for the last 5 or 6 years. You guys have made a fantastic community that anyone from a complete beginner to a genuine genius can join and get help or be helped. Thanks again for all of the help over the years! :)

[H]ard|OCP is great because they give me reviews that are from a point of view where I can truly understand what the benefit for me is. This really came to heart seeing reviews on other sites for processors where the game benchmarks were run at 800x600 etc and getting 200+ FPS just to stress the processor. I Dislike [H] because I still need to read other sites for video card reviews when they don’t provide me the apples to apples comparison I want. You provide a best playable setting but what if the resolution you choose is different from what I want to use. And sometimes it’s hard to see the tangible benefit of 4x vs. 6x AA or 8vs 16x Ansio. I want to also see straight up comparisons made at the same resolution and settings so I can see what the FPS difference is. I also like that [H] doesn’t rely on synthetic benchmarks.

I love [H]ard|Forum because before I found it, I was nervous swapping IDE drives in my Dell PIII. Reading on [H] taught me so much because it's a group of people who know their stuff and have way more money than me to try stuff out. People spend their money, I read their detailed reports, and make informed choices. What's to lose?

To read the reviews on [H] and others experience with games and hardware. Place to move used merchandise of which im sure someone else would put to better use than myself and also to pick up old technology at reduced prices.

I like the brutal honesty around here nothing is held back if a product sucks you are going to say that it sucks. Hard is not swayed by advertising dollars or at least thats how it appears. The last thing that really sells me on [H] is the fact even is something is good if its not that good you are not going to send people out to buy it just because its the hot new thing.

Love is a strong word but the bottom line is, without [H]ardOCP I probably would never have had this much interest or knowledge in computers and technology itself. It is not a one-stop shop per say but focuses on quality of information, consistency and presentation.

Here is what I love/hate on [H]

[L]ove [H]:
Lots of posters, lots of great deals in hot deals section. Interesting Front page news discussions. I also like how [H] bucks the trend on video card reviews by showing what real world results give you when you upgrade your cpu or video card and not being like every other review site which trys to take out all variables except for the [cpu]/[videocard]

[H]ate [H]:
Too windows centric, too gaming centrix, no linux/unix reviews. Too single socket centric.

Love [H], I've built my last 3 rigs off your [H]otdeals section. Someone posts a [H]ot deal and I can instantly search for product info, all on the same site. My daily dose is required or I'm just not right during the day.

[H]ardForum contains useful information and a good user base, but I don't really like you (collectively, as you did say "us"). Often, I see a great deal of, seemingly, arrogant statements from you when conveying your thoughts. Although I admit agreement with the majority of your views, I believe that you could use a bit more tact. Regardless of whether or not you're right, though, you're still jerks deserving of hatred.

I love [H] because of thier unique reviewing style. While most sites simply say "in xx benchmark part A scores 1,000 more points than part B WOOHOO!!!", [H] takes the time to really look into every aspect of a piece of hardware. They provide the raw performance benchmarks, but they also look at reliability, overclocking, packaging, instructions, layout, and my personal favorite, real world performance. I think "highest playable settings" is [H]'s greatest feature. It's nice how they put the differences between hardware in terms that we can understand and make a logical decision from.

Of course, that's only half the story. The other thing I love about [H] is the forums. This site, while not the biggest, has the best community of all the hardware sites. It's only at [H] where someone can post an honest question and get a real answer without A. getting incorrect info, B. being advised to heavily modify their brand new $1,000 video card when they don't have any experience, or C. being called a total n00b who doesn't belong on a hardware forum.

I [H]ate this place because before I found this place, I was blissfully unaware of overclocking, multiple monitors, water cooling, trying to have a better desk than everyone else and cutting edge hardware. Now, thank to you guys, I have no money.

This site use to be a top notch site with reviews that matter, but since recently I felt the site has turned into an advertising mine with the sole purpose of profitability. Some of the reviews, in my humble opinion, are blatantly swayed towards one company and feels like an advertisement instead of a real review. Recently this has changed, but I still feel presences of feeling the reviews are advertisement.

The other thing I dislike about this site is this site has lost its enthusiast for being [H]ard. This site started as an enthusiast over clocking forum, but has since turned into yet another mainstream website. It lost the enthusiasm and edge that makes me not want to come to this site as much often.

I love Hardocp because you guys are willing to call people on BS.

I love hardocp because you seem to not care about silly things like political correctness and such.

I also Love Hardocp because I have gotton my best deals in your hotdeals forums.

RaR!

What I like:

Good reviews, nice deals and good place to sell my stuff.

What I hate:

I never win anything.

I love [H]ardOCP because of their continued support for the Distributed computing programs. The staff has enabled Team 33 to flourish and become the #1 team in the world. They have given us a site to display our stats (www.hardfolding.com) and receive badges. [H] has also encourage long time folders to keep folding with a free lifetime subscription to GenMay to keep them folding.

I believe that the performance of the team reflects on its awesome members and the supportive staff here at [H]ardOCP. This will keep me contributing for years to come.

Thanks guys,

Pros:
1) Only site I know of that went one step further with the 8800GT gouging and got a vendor to sell some of these products at MSRP. This is still a stuggle even now.
2) On a similar note they are also the only site that I know of that will raise consumer concerns to the vendors. 7900 series anyone?
3) Although every reader may have concerns over review biasis, your site is pretty good at getting to the numbers and leaving out the fluff. In comparision I hate reading reviews at competitor sites where a product won't pass stability tests, has performance issues, overpriced, and at the end even if the reviewer stated such issues it receives a 10/10 gold award. :confused:

Cons:
1) Hopefully a thing of the past, but the forums being down sucked. It was actually entertaining there for a while to see what excuse would be posted if you weren't getting a 404 or some other error message. My favorite was "....should be back in a hour.." type of messages where it wouldn't state when the message was posted, nor would it ever change for several hours at a time. Just harrasing you guys:)
2) Sometimes I feel you guys goe a little overboard on an issue. One example that comes to mind was some pc vendor stating 10-15% increase over all competitors due to advanced configuration methods. I recall one Hardocp staff member called them on the carpet for proof, and or a test system. Never got the test system benched as it turned out to be a pissing match when the system was delayed.
I still think the review would have been entertaining and bad rep for the company, obviously why they delayed and possibly never planned on sending a review unit, but the communication that was posted appeared very immature from the Hardocp staff.

In short keep up the good work guys. If this site were perfect I would probably visit it left often. Having a little controversy makes it that much better:cool:

I love all the up to date news and the unbiased reviews. THere is nowhere else like it on the internet. I've been a loyal reader since 1996.

-Raven

I hated canned benchmarks when canned benchmarks were the "Standard" to tell a computers performance. I appreciate that HardOCP actually works at creating real reviews on what the user can expect when playing their game, not a bunch of synthetic benchmarks that tell you nothing.

What I like more about HardOCP is you guys have validated what I had been telling my customers for years.

likes.
Great Reviews
General mayhem
never had likes bl*w Jobs attached to my name.
I like to here more this sucks in the reviews.
dislikes
the Ad's "but the bills gotta be paid"
the down time
I think this contest is a secret plan to get me to buy an AM2 MB:mad:

Like:
Snarky attitude. In depth, take no prisoners reviews. Best tech forums out there.

Dislike:
Apples vs Pancakes review settings. I understand the intent, but there are way too many variables. It is just about incomprehensible when every single setting is different. I may as well just skip to the conclusion so you can tell me which one is better.

This does not echo the way I use my card at home, especially in the time of LCDs. First off. I will only run at a non native resolution if I already shut every feature and I still have a slideshow. The LCD single native resolution changed everything for me.

How about breaking those prizes up. I only want the cooler. ;-)

I love the news, I check it 10 or more times a day

I love the forums, they are always informative and useful

I hate that you guys don't come out and do the workshop and Quakecon anymore

I hate how the off topic forums are pay only

I love the [H] forums for the infinite advice it's users provide. Without [H]ardForum, I wouldn't have had any idea on how to build my first computer. I am constantly using [H] knowledge to pick the best parts for my system and to keep up with technology news.

Thank you [H]!

i hate [H]ard for the lone reason that you never post comparative GPU fps results in a simple, scaling format in regards to IQ !!and!! resolution. i feel that this is the most accurate way to derive the most objective performance referencings possible, and it bothers me greatly that it is entirely excluded. the lone "real-world" testing methodology for finding the highest "playable" settings should, IMO, be a supplementary presentation of the data, not the sole representation of it.

i've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile. and sorry, the fantastical FS subforum doesn't balance it out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back