pre-ordering half life 2: help me choose.

Thermite Paste

Supreme [H]ardness
im going to preorder half life 2, but im torn at this:

get the standard edition, or the special dvd edition? the standard costs less, $55, and the special edition costs $80. but the special edition includes a remixed version of the original half life and a t shirt :D is it worth the extra money?

Like previously mentioned, just get the silver package through steam. If you have to have it on media, just back the .gcf files up to CD/DVD.

I say do not purchase through Steam, buy the standard edition...

I already have preordered the silver package though steam. The gold vesion "DVD Version" isn't worth the money imo.

I agree with kick@ss, buy it through steam and backup the files on CD/DVD

btw. the t-shirt is XXL (i think)

Since you only mentioned retail packages, i assume you want that instead of steam dl.

I'd get the standard b/c all that extra stuff isn't worth it. Plus, HL:source has the same models as blueshift.

Unless you are going to walk around in the HL2 shirt get the standard for $55.

Seriously how often are you going to wear a videogame t-shirt... It shouldn't really influence your decision that much.

Mine's coming through Steam and I'm glad. If you want to reinstall just login to your steam account and BOOM steam downloads the files you need. I have a DVD RW drive so if I don't want to re-download everything, I can just burn the files off to DVD as others have previously mentioned. It's not neccessary in my case because my cable's 5mbps downstream. Hopefully Valve can incorporate some Bit-torrent technology into Steam.

ok, ill go with the normal version then. i just want to have it on a disk, and i dont trust steam (fucked up my orig half life game lol)

I'd buy the hardcopies myself...

So when is it suppose to come out again again again again again

naveed said:
Seriously how often are you going to wear a videogame t-shirt... It shouldn't really influence your decision that much.

My Doom 3 shirt from QuakeCon 2003 is in my regular rotation of shirts :rolleyes:

Steam Silver..

And I'm despondant.. just found out I'm getting sent on a biz trip on 11/15 and won't be home until 11/18.. OMFG.. :eek:

Back