IRSmurf

2[H]4U
Go HERE

1) Select your format
2) Apply coupon code RNDIS
3) Apply coupon code WBWEL
4) Checkout

Synopsis:
The definitive ten-disc DVD set, The Ultimate Matrix Collection features all three films in the trilogy together for the first time ever with a newly remastered picture and sound for The Matrix. Also included is the companion piece The Matrix Revisited and the best-selling The Animatrix, plus five entirely new DVDs packed solid with brand-new supplemental materials that encompass every aspect of the Matrix universe, including two new audio commentaries on each film, Enter the Matrix video game footage, 106 deep-delving featurettes/ documentaries and much more!

For more information on the HD-DVD set, please visit the following AWESOME website:
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/ultimatedvd/index.html

I don't want the extras.

Just because you don't want them doesn't mean its not a hot deal. Stop bashing it.

Good deal, bump for this. I'll have to see what my paycheck is like tomorrow to figure out if i can afford to order it ;)

I'm not bashing it. A good deal was posted. I simply said I didn't want the extras.

And this thread isn't about your personal opinion of a DVD set so stop trying to hijack it.

Also noticed something else people might be interested in. Both the coupons will work with Planet Earth as well, it brings it down to $57. However, depending where you live, it might be cheaper just to use the second coupon, since order over $60 ship free.

I don't know, I just never watch extras on anything. I jumped on the amazon deal when it was first available, so I already have my preorder all set along with some other items I ordered. I'm not going to cancel my order now just because extras which I don't watch are the same price. :)

I don't know, I just never watch extras on anything. I jumped on the amazon deal when it was first available, so I already have my preorder all set along with some other items I ordered. I'm not going to cancel my order now just because extras which I don't watch are the same price. :)

The Complete Matrix Trilogy is only $58 using those codes. So you could save money, and still not have to worry about having those pesky extras.

Oh man, amazing deal!

I snagged the HD-DVD set! Thanks a bunch OP!

:D

--------------

BTW, it ended up being
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]$73.40[/FONT] shipped for me -- $4.32 in tax for me here in Illinois... Oh well, still sweet. Can't wait to watch it in all it's HD goodness!

That's also for the Trilogy set, but that's a damn good price too.

For whatever strange reason, WB's site charged me sales tax. But what the hell--$75 shipped for the 10-disc uber-box ain't too shabby, and it looks like their shipping might be slightly faster than Amazon's...we'll see...

I wonder when the hefty price premium between HD-DVD and DVD will be eliminated, kind of like when DVDs finally were sold at the same price if not cheaper than VHS, but it took a few years after its introduction.

For a point of price reference, I think Deep Discount has the 10-pack DVD set of this last year for under $40.

You can get HDDVD's on newegg for around $14.. and amazon has used ones in 'new' condition for even cheaper. I don't consider this a heafty price difference between DVD. Its very reasonable, and you are getting 1080p quality.

You can get HDDVD's on newegg for around $14.. and amazon has used ones in 'new' condition for even cheaper. I don't consider this a heafty price difference between DVD. Its very reasonable, and you are getting 1080p quality.

I have yet to pay more than $5 for any of my legally-purchased, brand new, shrink-wrapped DVDs. Are there any new HD-DVDs available for $5 yet? If the answer is no, then I stand by my choice of words "hefty price premium".

If you are that cheap, you don't need high def.. lol.

For someone that says they never watch the extras, that didn't make much sense at all.

Besides, if you're a fan of the movies, and you never watch the extras - meaning The Animatrix and all the additional stuff - you're missing out on a lot of background information that makes the 3 movies themselves a helluvalot more enjoyable.

YMMV, apparently.

I bought the original DVD Ultimate boxed set when it came out for full price, and seeing as I don't have any HD-DVD equipment nor do I intend to purchase all my DVDs again just to get a higher resolution, I'll pass, but thanks for sharing the deal even so.

I work in television production half the year.. I get enough behind the scenes looks. :p

Plus, almost all the HDDVD's I have only have 480p extras. I know the matrix is supposed to have high def extra's, but I don't watch them..

yes i worked with w1retap for that year. we both know 2much about it.

plus it ruins the TV/movie you're watching because you'll ALWAYS think of how they made it, you lose that sense of wonder+magic.

anyways, the ultimate isn't worth the $. i have it, i've watched it all (yes i'm one walking contradiction, just go with the flow you bitch), and only disc8 (philosophy) was worth it, but you can rent it. i never watch extras twice except for phantom menace's The Beginning documtenary, that rocked... anyways....

only the 3 movies will be in HD. the animatrix will NOT be in HD. ultimate is NOT worth the money. rent the extras on netflix or for free in your library.

plus it ruins the TV/movie you're watching because you'll ALWAYS think of how they made it, you lose that sense of wonder+magic.

Exactly. If I watch the extras on how a scene is made, I keep thinking about it forever instead of paying attention to the movie. It just makes me over analyze everything and drives me crazy. :p

Alright, thread crapping aside (MOD... please trim!), using this deal, you can get the:

ULTIMATE (10 HD-DVD set) for $69

and

COMPLETE (the three movies in HD-DVD) for $58.​
Those prices are shipped.

That's the bottom line.

Between all the pre-orders I'm making at liongames.com, and all these HD-DVD movies, I'm going broke on products that don't even exist, yet. ;)

Also noticed something else people might be interested in. Both the coupons will work with Planet Earth as well, it brings it down to $57. However, depending where you live, it might be cheaper just to use the second coupon, since order over $60 ship free.

You can preorder Planet Earth on amazon for $53.99 with free super saver shipping unless you have amazon prime, then free 2nd day. :)

Exactly. If I watch the extras on how a scene is made, I keep thinking about it forever instead of paying attention to the movie. It just makes me over analyze everything and drives me crazy. :p

You need to work on your short term memory loss.......What were we talking about? Race you to the jungle gym!

Plus in reality twice as many vertical lines of resolution. 1080i is two fields interlaced that are only 540 lines vertically.

Plus in reality twice as many vertical lines of resolution. 1080i is two fields interlaced that are only 540 lines vertically.

I thought 1080i was still 1080 lines of resolution but only 540 of the lines are refreshed per each screen redraw.

hmm. I thought I already the Ultimate Matrix Collection but, mine only has one movie on it and doesn't mention anything about two other movies ...or irritating side characters with meaningless side plots.

I'll jump on this.

I thought 1080i was still 1080 lines of resolution but only 540 of the lines are refreshed per each screen redraw.

It is, but 1080p = 1080 lines of resolution @ 60fps, while 1080i = 1080 lines of resolution @ 30fps.

When watching a movie, it doesn't make a difference because movies are distributed at 29.97fps. I don't believe this is any different with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, but feel free to correct me. :p

When using it on a game console (XBOX 360 / PS3), nearly all games are rendered at 720p or 1080i. They are capable of 1080p but game developers haven't been able to squeeze that performance out of the console, yet.

When using it as a VGA monitor, it makes a very obvious difference. Running at 720p, you'll be able to pull 60fps out of your games, but at 1080i you'll only pull 30fps. Neither is acceptable for a competetive Counter Strike: Source player with a gaming rig that renders 100 - 150 fps.

--Signed a bitter 720p/1080i HDTV owner (who uses his HDTV as his sole monitor)

HDDVD and Blu-ray are 24fps. You can tell a difference between 1080i and 1080p. The interlaced picture is much fuzzier, especially when focusing on text.

It is, but 1080p = 1080 lines of resolution @ 60fps, while 1080i = 1080 lines of resolution @ 30fps.

I think you're mixing things up a little. All movie and television content is recorded at 24 fps as w1retap says. And the refresh rate of all televisions are 60Hz. Things have been this way since the dawn of the television age. And it's the 3:2 pulldown which negates the difference between progressive scan and interlaced content.

Here are some excerpts from a Home Theater magazine article which can be found here in it's entirety. http://blog.hometheatermag.com/geoffreymorrison/0807061080iv1080p/

"as far as movies are concerned THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1080i AND 1080p"

"Unless you bought a CRT based TV, every modern TV is progressive scan (as in LCD, Plasma, LCOS, DLP). They are incapable of displaying a 1080i signal as 1080i"

"In order to display something that is 24fps on something that is essentially 60fps, you need to make up, or create new frames. This is done using a method called 3:2 pulldown (or more accurately 2:3 pulldown). The first frame of film is doubled, the second frame of film is tripled, the third frame of film is doubled and so on, creating a 2,3,2,3,2,3,2 sequence"

"When it comes to movies (as in HD DVD and Blu-ray) there will be no visible difference between the 1080i signal and the 1080p signal, as long as your TV correctly de-interlaces 1080i. So even if you could input 1080p, you wouldn't see a difference (because there is none)"

"There is no additional or new information in a 1080p signal from movie based content."

"The only time you would see a difference is if you have native 1080p/60 content, which at this point would only come from a PC and maybe the PS3"

Aside from all the threadcrapping here, the deal is now dead. You can't stack coupons anymore. Most you can get is 20% off.

Back