pressure issues

azuros

Gawd
Ok so this is what is taking place my loop consists of the following in the order listed:
pump, rad1, cpu, north bridge, rad2, gpu, south bridge, rez
What is happening is a pressure decrease across the system as a whole. There are no leaks in the system and it is resulting in lackluster performance.
Now, there are two ideas i am bouncing around to fix this. the first one being:
add a second pump off of the rez, and use a Y connector to connect both of the pumps at X location in the loop so that the loop has the combined pressure of two pumps working on it.
The second idea i have is to add the second pump in between the north bridge and the 2nd radiator so that the pressure is constant through the lines.

I think both have good potential to fix my problem i just need some thoughts.

As for the system since i know someone will ask
Q6600 lapped (DTek is lapped as well)
8800gtx
P35-T2R

Let me know what you think. i know for sure tonight i am going to try and shorten my hoses as much as possible. since i can imagine that this would cause an issue as well.

dtek fuzion, swiftech stealth, 320 magicool rad, 120 black ice rad, danger den chip set bocks and 1 655 is in the loop now.

dtek fuzion, swiftech stealth, 320 magicool rad, 120 black ice rad, danger den chip set bocks and 1 655 is in the loop now.

As I thought, the 655 is *more* than capable of pushing water through all of that. What do you mean by "poor performance across the board"

Meaning with lapping my processor, rearranging my loop, running an extra rad i still do not see any losses in temp. My ambient should be way lower then 55c and when i prime i am hitting upwards of 75-80c which is not safe in my book.

Hmm... Could you try using the stock heatsink? Are you sure the water is moving, and there's no air in the pump? Even with your loop, you can set your pump to "1" and still get better temps than that!

I am sure the water is moving, there was air in the lines before i did some more work on it last night. It is still running hotter then i wanted it to but the 2nd pump helped drop the load temps to the upper 60's which is much better. I still think there is and issue at some point in the loop but i think it is more to the fact that i have the whole system water cooled, but on that same note, 2 360 rads and a 120 rad should be able to displace that much heat. I have yet to decide my next step because the gpu is sitting in the range of 49c ambient and 55 load. So that does lead me to believe i might still have air in my cpu block.

Yeah, if your GPU is loading at 55, and your CPU is loading at 80, you have a problem with your CPU block. Either air, or a bad mount...

i dont think it is a mounting issue but i will re mount it. I am leaning to the ladder, kind of hard to have mounting issues with a lapped cpu and block.

Back