Pretty hot deal - SilverStone SG01-S $79.99 @ Xoxide

Aww, it isn't the -E. Oh well, still a very [H]ot deal for anyone looking to go SFF.

The real difference between both versions is that the non-E version uses two 60mm fans on top and one 80mm for the side/HDD cage, and the -E version uses three 80mm fans. (The interior design is built differently between the versions to accommodate the fans.) But that's still a good deal, considering that I know of a couple of places that are still selling the non-E versions for (close to) MSRP.

(To be honest, I'm still surprised that Xoxide still has some in stock... I've known about this deal for a few months now.)

there's a similar deal at casemod.com, also the generation 1 case, with less shipping charge. There's also a review somewhere (try google) that compared the sg01 vs sg01-e and claimed that there's very little cooling effectiveness differences (measured by temperatures) between the two versions.

check this review out:
http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/articles/show/Micro_ATX_3-way_shootout/silverstone_sg01

I disconnected both fans, using just the PSU 120mm over the CPU cooler. It works just fine as I do not OC for HTPC.

Back