Prey demo on 21st

hehe... I actually paid for a month at gamespot to hopefully get some better BW - but they are gonna get slammed at when it releases.. whew.

tick... tick... tick...

has anyone found out with any certainty if this will be release on the X360 as well today. I have looked around and havent seen anything about it.

yeah, us west coasters get a little break... but then again, it's all relative. ;)

Sweet, 9pm PST... Time to download and play for a few hours tonight ;)

edit. I played this at E3 on the 360, and this game is just UBER fun.

28 minutes to go....

Does anyone know if anywhere besides Gamespot is going to be hosting the demo?
I would hope that Fileplanet or somewhere else besides gamespot is going to host the demo.

Or even a benevolent gamer could host it on their filespace...maybe?

Detman101 said:
28 minutes to go....

Does anyone know if anywhere besides Gamespot is going to be hosting the demo?
I would hope that Fileplanet or somewhere else besides gamespot is going to host the demo.

Well supposedly it's "Gamespot-exclusive", but I remember the other "exclusive" Gamespot demos were only exclusive for a few hours, if any.

Regardless, we'll see in 20 minutes if it's hosted anywhere else. lol

The18thLetter said:
Well supposedly it's "Gamespot-exclusive", but I remember the other "exclusive" Gamespot demos were only exclusive for a few hours, if any.

Regardless, we'll see in 20 minutes if it's hosted anywhere else. lol

Kewl, I registered on Gamespot just-in-case someone doesn't rehost it by tomorrow.

Detman101 said:

I actually plan to host it on my site. I have 20 GB of storage with 500 GB of monthly transfer but I'm not currently using it (site is for personal portfolio, still under construction).

I'm just not sure when I'll have it up for download. Either way, I'll post a link and let you guys know.

zero002021 said:
I actually plan to host it on my site. I have 20 GB of storage with 500 GB of monthly transfer but I'm not currently using it (site is for personal portfolio, still under construction).

I'm just not sure when I'll have it up for download. Either way, I'll post a link and let you guys know.

Awesome, you're a gentleman and a true gamer.

WTF??? No button on Gamespot to download the demo!?!?!?!
The timer just disappeared!?!? WTF WTF WTF WTF?!?!??!!?

:mad:

Man, screw this g-damn game.
After waiting 3+ years for just the damn demo I give up.
I'm going to bed, 3drealms can go f**K itself.

You're all getting better speeds than I am. I'm averaging around 27KB/sec

Guess I'm leaving my laptop on overnight.

Looks like it's up now...I'm averaging about 32 myself. I'm up late studying for finals, so it's all good...

The18thLetter said:
Woot.

Thanks.

200kbish for me w/ True Downloader.

Will be done in 40. :p

I just installed that app.
What's the DL url I should cut and paste ?
Thanks.

DL.com is only giving me 45k down. :(

The18thLetter said:
Woot.

Thanks.

200kbish for me w/ True Downloader.

Will be done in 40. :p

What URL do you use to get it to download through True Downloader?

*EDIT* Stereophile beat me to it.

wow, with the download speed im getting, i may as well wait and pick up the game when it somes out. Lemme know how you guys like it, im calling it a night. Good luck and enjoy

gilga said:
wow, with the download speed im getting, i may as well wait and pick up the game when it somes out. Lemme know how you guys like it, im calling it a night. Good luck and enjoy
Yeah mines gonna take 3 hours at this point.
I will stay up and play tonight but more speed is always good.
Gonna look around for some better links. BRB

Stereophile said:
I just installed that app.
What's the DL url I should cut and paste ?
Thanks.

DL.com is only giving me 45k down. :(
I had to integrate it into IE (Firefox integration doesn't work), and it picked it up automatically when I visited the link the guy above posted.

It's slowing down, though, unfortunately. :(
But, not as slow as you guys... yet. :( lol

There we go, just did that and got it working through IE integration. Not compatible with the latest version of Firefox though, kind of disappointing. Oh well, at least I'm getting around 50kB/sec now instead of 25kB/sec. I doubled my download speed! :p

I am DLing now from Gamespot member access... between 500 and 300KB/sec.. should have the file in about 20 mins.. not too bad!

Happy equinox all.. it's light late today.. :)

revenant said:
I am DLing now from Gamespot member access... between 500 and 300KB/sec.. should have the file in about 20 mins.. not too bad!

Happy equinox all.. it's light late today.. :)

No need to rub my face in the dog doo :p j/k how do memberships cost at gamespot these days? The only thing that I will ever subscribe to is General Mayhem (that reminds me to post on there more!)

Back