Price drops near April 6th?

Parmenides

Supreme [H]ardness
Are we expecting to get a drop around the time of Fermi's release? Maybe all the 5000 cards return to their original MSRP?

I was in MC last night talking to one of their salesman (granted we should take this with a grain of salt cause I don't know how much he is in tune). I asked him about the 5850 and 5870 availability (since they only had 5770s) in stock and he said that they had an order out for about 200 cards open for weeks from XFX. He was hoping to get some in.

Also, from being at MC about 3 - 4 times in the past few weeks (I am updating my system). I did notice some 5850 / 5870 in stock but they were HIS / Visiontek branded ones.

In short, if this is the supply/demand across the board then we are not likely to see a price drop any time soon. Unless team green releases a highly competitive product on the 26th.

I guess we sit and wait...

Very possible, I hadn't heard that but i guess it's not too surprising.

I'm too lazy to go dig out the link, but they did raise the MSRP by 20$ or something. Re/E-tailers are doing most of the price increase, but AMD did get a slice of the pie.

Even if Nvidia doesn't come close in price/performance ratio, it should hopefully create a little less demand for AMD purchases. Hopefully everyone will always be sitting on a stock of cards.

i don't think you will see a price drop. I think you will see a ram refresh.

5850/70 with 2gigs of ram. If the peformance numbers that are leaking are right then most of the time the fermi's win is when cypress runs out of memory

Back