Prince of Persia Demo

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
I recently downloaded the prince of persia warrior withing demo to try out. The game is fun even though I don't have a controller (playing w/ kb and mouse) Anyways, I got past the first level fairly quickly. Then on the second level my character got really messed up making it impossible to play; check this out:
pop1.jpg
'
I am playing in 1024x768 (pic resized to 800x600) w/ 4xaa and 8xaf. I am using the 66.81 forcewares and my 6800gt is @ stock. Thanks for any help!

The demo is buggy and bad, most people seemed to have problems (especially with the "end" boss that would continually get stuck in walls). I personally didn't like the demo, but will probably check out the game when it comes out full. If I remember, PoP:SoT was pretty buggy and bad for a demo, but it was a very good game after it was finished.

wow, i didn't know there was anything else, i couldn't get past the ship level!

The boss there is easy to beat (unfortunately, her AI is really dumb).

*************SPOILER***************************

Just block, and then hit her when she stops hitting you :eek:

Direwolf20 said:
The boss there is easy to beat (unfortunately, her AI is really dumb).

*************SPOILER***************************

Just block, and then hit her when she stops hitting you :eek:
It wasn't easy for me :p It took me like 4 tries (my first time ever playing a prince of persia game) I think the game would definantly be better w/ a controller. Is POP sands of time good? I might run over to bestbuy and pick it and a logitech ps2 clone usb controller. Was anyone else having problems with the forums today? I couldn't get on until just recently.

Stupid Demo I hope the game fails in the PC market.

One of the stupidest demos I have ever played.

the monster at the end keeps getting stuck and then.. not able to attack me anymore.

but the rest of it seems pretty cool.

StarForce Warning!

http://www.boycottstarforce.org/games/

I'm not for sure if this is the same game but check your HDD. You are probably infected with StarForce CP. Sorry to rain on your parade. Again someone tell me why we need CP in a demo? If you've installed it, can you please verify if it installs StarForce and let us know? Thanks!

yeah the demo sucks hard. The boss at the end got stuck for me too. I think the worst part though was the craptackular camera movements (or lack thereof). it is impossible to easily see who's behind and around you. I just ended up pressing the special attack buttons and watching the guy do really cool moves that involved no skill on my part. Now that makes for lackdaisical and boring gameplay. :(

elation said:
StarForce Warning!

http://www.boycottstarforce.org/games/

I'm not for sure if this is the same game but check your HDD. You are probably infected with StarForce CP. Sorry to rain on your parade. Again someone tell me why we need CP in a demo? If you've installed it, can you please verify if it installs StarForce and let us know? Thanks!
That list has sands of time, not this new demo. But anyways, how do I tell if I'm affected? Could I just run like avg or adware and get rid of it? Thanks.

It's anti-piracy software that's packaged with certain games. It's a driver that's installed and must be present to run the game. Very controversial. Anyway. You can just a search in the registry for starforce. I think it's HKLM/software/... but not for sure.

If you don't find it, maybe these guys wised up and removed it from their software. :)

elation said:
It's anti-piracy software that's packaged with certain games. It's a driver that's installed and must be present to run the game. Very controversial. Anyway. You can just a search in the registry for starforce. I think it's HKLM/software/... but not for sure.

If you don't find it, maybe these guys wised up and removed it from their software. :)
I searched the registry and didn't find anything. I don't think they included it because it's just a demo so if you make a copy it's not illegal (i think, right?) Anyways thanks for the heads up!

Yea, the demo i thought the ship lv was good.

But after that when you are trying to get past the spikes and shit.

WHAT THE FUCK? the camera will NOT let me look at the ground ahead of me.

It like stays at an "upward" angle behind my guy.

Pushing the camera button to change views doesn't fix it either.

I can move the camera with my mouse but as soon as i stop BAM up it goes again.

Stiler said:
Yea, the demo i thought the ship lv was good.

But after that when you are trying to get past the spikes and shit.

WHAT THE FUCK? the camera will NOT let me look at the ground ahead of me.

It like stays at an "upward" angle behind my guy.

Pushing the camera button to change views doesn't fix it either.

I can move the camera with my mouse but as soon as i stop BAM up it goes again.

press X or Q, that should change it.

i just beat it, and i must say that jumping on the back of that monster and slicing it's neck was pretty awesome.

if whatever that starforce thing wasn't installed on the first prince of persia, i might actually think about getting that one or this one. it was pretty neato.

HRslammR said:
press X or Q, that should change it.

i just beat it, and i must say that jumping on the back of that monster and slicing it's neck was pretty awesome.

if whatever that starforce thing wasn't installed on the first prince of persia, i might actually think about getting that one or this one. it was pretty neato.

no no no, i can "change" the camera fine.

But in the main angle (behind your guy) the camera is stuck in a sort of "upward" facing angle, so i can't see the ground ahead of me.

Pushing q to change to the "overhead" view doesn't really help much, since i can't really see in front of me that much :(

Back